Stateroom kettles Anthem?

4 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

How do you mean not in use? Broken?

Not broken.  Just not plugged in or set up with any tea or coffer.  Just on the table.  They typically are used with European cruises and usually are not in the stateroom for US itineraries.  They may have just been out in preparation for the TA to the UK itineraries, 

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not broken.  Just not plugged in or set up with any tea or coffer.  Just on the table.  They typically are used with European cruises and usually are not in the stateroom for US itineraries.  They may have just been out in preparation for the TA to the UK itineraries, 

Had kettles in cabins on both my Dec. 5 and Dec. 31 Anthem cruises. They most likely have been there since Anthem restarted in Southampton last year.

• Like 1

Interesting,  we found one under our bed on our April Anthem cruise. We thought it was hidden there by a previous guest that didn't want to get caught with contraband. No wonder our cabin steward looked confused when we showed it to him. 

I think kettles are only on sailings from the UK. We were on Celebrity Eclipse out of Southampton and loved having a kettle.   A couple of years later same ship from Miami no kettle!  They hide them away!  I think we made a fuss and they did find us a kettle.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:10 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

They should be there.  They were there - but not in use for us - on our April US itinerary, which was just before she returned to the UK.

So the transatlantics between the US and UK would have them? I’m on a TA from Southampton to Bayonne on Anthem in October so it seems the high British population of passengers would mean they’d be in use, but I don’t want to assume. 

20 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

So the transatlantics between the US and UK would have them? I’m on a TA from Southampton to Bayonne on Anthem in October so it seems the high British population of passengers would mean they’d be in use, but I don’t want to assume. 

We just got off the May 2 Anthem TA and had a kettle in our room. We are Americans, so we didn't ask for it but were very happy to have one. Thank you, British culture.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I can't say if they remain in the staterooms when returning to the US, but they were there on our April cruise prior to the TA to the UK, which means they were there for that TA and while in the UK.  However, as mentioned, they were not in use for us on the US itinerary.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Someone posted elsewhere they are on there now and they're cruising Alaska.

That may be but this thread is specific to Anthem, which is currently in the UK, where they would be expected to be used.

What ship are you referring to?

23 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We just got off the May 2 Anthem TA and had a kettle in our room. We are Americans, so we didn't ask for it but were very happy to have one. Thank you, British culture.

We were also on the Anthem and we had one in our room!

15 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That may be but this thread is specific to Anthem, which is currently in the UK, where they would be expected to be used.

What ship are you referring to?

Oops! I was thinking Quantum 🤪

• Like 1