How Hard to Switch room on B2B

mandmcruise

I am booked on the Freedom Nov.7 with bowling alley balcony.  Was seriously thinking of doing B2B starting the 3rd.  My cabin is not available for the 3rd sailing.  there is an interior catty corner from my room.  Never have done an interior, or I can go with an ocean view on 2 or a balcony on 8.  I am on 6 for the  7th sailing.  How hard is it to really switch rooms, would be better to do the close interior or go for the OV or balcony( balcony is still a little pricey)-more than what I paid for my 7th sailing,  I am sailing solo so there's that to consider also.

I suspect that you will just have to pack up your bags like you are leaving and leave them in the hallway to be transported to your new room.  They will have to disinfect the rooms in between sailings. 

Talk to your room steward about your move.  They should tell you what to do.  I have had them bring a cart and transfer the hanging items from one room to the other so I just needed to pack the rest.  Do not put your bags in the hall, leave them in the room.  Pick whichever room you prefer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mandmcruise said:

How hard is it to really switch rooms

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I suspect that you will just have to pack up your bags like you are leaving and leave them in the hallway to be transported to your new room.  

As others have stated, DO NOT leave your luggage in the hallway.

During a B2B with two different cabins, luggage transfer is handled by your stateroom steward.

Keep your luggage inside your cabin. 

🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

As others have stated, DO NOT leave your luggage in the hallway.

During a B2B with two different cabins, luggage transfer is handled by your stateroom steward.

Keep your luggage inside your cabin. 

🙂

OH yeah I know better then to put it in the hall.  sure wouldn't want my luggage getting off the ship while I m still on!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mandmcruise said:

I am booked on the Freedom Nov.7 with bowling alley balcony.  Was seriously thinking of doing B2B starting the 3rd.  My cabin is not available for the 3rd sailing.  there is an interior catty corner from my room.  Never have done an interior, or I can go with an ocean view on 2 or a balcony on 8.  I am on 6 for the  7th sailing.  How hard is it to really switch rooms, would be better to do the close interior or go for the OV or balcony( balcony is still a little pricey)-more than what I paid for my 7th sailing,  I am sailing solo so there's that to consider also.

Your Subject Line was “How Hard to switch room on B2B?”

it is very easy. You simply pack your bags (we take a couple extra large shopping bags - TJMax type - to use so we don’t need to fit everything into our suitcases) and leave them in your Cabin when you go out for breakfast. Make sure your Cabin Steward is aware of your next Cabin # and after you leave your Cabin with your bags packed up inside he will move everything for you. We actually prefer different Cabins on a B2B, feels like a whole new experience. I do realize most prefer to stay in same Cabin. 

• Like 1

As others have said, you simply pack your bags and leave them on the sofa or bed.  I had pro-actively made 'new room' luggage tags (just to be nice) and had communicated with our steward.  During the B2B process you are literally 'cabin-less' for a few hours (about 2 if Platinum) so it really doesn't matter where on the ship you are going to.  We went from a Deck #1 to a Deck #8.  Your old steward will get your luggage up to your new room.  It'll all be there when you go inside for the first time.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I suspect that you will just have to pack up your bags like you are leaving and leave them in the hallway to be transported to your new room.  They will have to disinfect the rooms in between sailings. 

You suspect wrong. NO, NO, NO!

• Like 2

People that have never done a back-to-back SHOULD NOT advise others on what to do, some of those replies would create a host of problems for the cruiser doing the back-to-back.

YOUR CABIN STEWARD WILL MAKE THE MOVE TO ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP.

Ask him what you need to do to help him.

• Like 3

We have switched rooms as well as stayed in the same room on various B2B cruises. Not a huge deal to switch. I prefer keeping the same room vs having to pack up and then unpack again but I’m efficient so it’s not too time consuming in the big picture. Whether your two cabins are close to each other or not, you still go through the same process. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 12:18 AM, cruzluver2 said:

We just returned from b2b.  Switched cabins.  It was easy!  We told our cabin steward and placed new cabin number on luggage.  They took it all over to our new cabin that morning.  

On 5/22/2022 at 5:52 PM, cruisin*tigger said:

Yep, easy-peasy.  I always make sure to tip him a bit more too.  

thanks everyone-I really think I am going to do it.  the interior near my 2nd cabin has been booked by someone else.  so I really think I am going for ocean view, a couple floors down.  Being a solo cruiser just wanted tomake sure I wasn't in over my head.  Planned on extra tip 🙂 

• Like 2

Be ready for everything to go belly up.  We have done several B2Bs and always had the same room because of some of the horror stories we have heard.  This pass January an elderly couple told me at the B2B meeting, waiting to be walked to customs, that they had to have a second room a floor higher on the next cruise.  Steward told them no problem.  I saw them later and asked how it went and he was pretty angry about it.  He went to his new room and no bags, so he went to his old room and the old card no longer worked.  It took a bit to find a steward and they didn't have the time because of all the work on the turn around but they opened his door to get his bags. Now he had a issue because the main elevators were being used to transport bags on board so he had to travel down to open elevators to get his bags upstairs and of course the elevators were crowded and it took some time to get the job done.  

they are very busy during the transition and it is difficult for them to make it happen.

13 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Be ready for everything to go belly up.  We have done several B2Bs and always had the same room because of some of the horror stories we have heard.  This pass January an elderly couple told me at the B2B meeting, waiting to be walked to customs, that they had to have a second room a floor higher on the next cruise.  Steward told them no problem.  I saw them later and asked how it went and he was pretty angry about it.  He went to his new room and no bags, so he went to his old room and the old card no longer worked.  It took a bit to find a steward and they didn't have the time because of all the work on the turn around but they opened his door to get his bags. Now he had a issue because the main elevators were being used to transport bags on board so he had to travel down to open elevators to get his bags upstairs and of course the elevators were crowded and it took some time to get the job done.  

they are very busy during the transition and it is difficult for them to make it happen.

I get it, BUT… I would not assume that my bags would necessarily be delivered to my new cabin at any particular time unless the steward promised that.  Ideally the steward would do it ASAP, but as noted, things are very busy that day.     If they hadn’t been delivered by, say 4:00 pm, then that’s a different issue. 

As an added protection, I still printed and brought the baggage tags for the second leg of my B2B and I put them on my bags in my cabin when I left them for the steward to move.  I also choose to repack everything just to make the move easier for them. 

• Like 1

Have done it several times and did it again just last week ago.  As mentioned discuss with room steward and give them new cabin number even though they will get notified when delivering you back to back notice.  Also recommend debarking with back pack and pool clothes, books etc in case it does take a while for you bag to get transferred….has been instantly and sometimes had to go track down steward, or transfer bag my self after getting back on ship.  For me I pack pack cheap hangers and leave clothes on then for easy pack and unpack.  After our second cruise being a balcony have never gone back to interior….so I vote for balcony cabin.

cheers and happy cruising