Passport question

From personal experience (my daughters had less than the minimum requirement) it's a very expensive and anxiety-riddled lesson. Always check with the State Dept for the passport requirements. Carriers use the 6-month recommendation because some countries require 6 months remaining, but most are now 3 months or valid day of arrival.

Canada just needs one blank page remaining in the passport, fyi.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:25 PM, Charles4515 said:

There is nothing to notice except that the passport is valid! There is no need to bring a birth certificate. Sheesh. 

Use your brains people. Why would a birth certificate be acceptable and a valid passport not be......

EXCUSE me, IF the passport has expired...

Start at the beginning for a thread. Don't jump in and assume. 

OP's daughter, age 16, has a passport that expires July 2022. 

16 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

EXCUSE me, IF the passport has expired...

Start at the beginning for a thread. Don't jump in and assume. 

OP's daughter, age 16, has a passport that expires July 2022. 

Nothing to assume. It is stated in the first post that the daughters passport is not expired. It expires July 2022. 

20 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Nothing to assume. It is stated in the first post that the daughters passport is not expired. It expires July 2022. 

Yes and  a passport is supposed to be "good" for 6 months after the end date of the scheduled travel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sandy toes said:

Yes and  a passport is supposed to be "good" for 6 months after the end date of the scheduled travel. 

The cruise is a round trip Caribbean cruise out of the US. Six months after is not required. There are some cruise itineraries  that require 3 or 6 months after but the one they are on is not one of them. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 10:37 PM, Ky Bill said:

I traveled on EOS in March the cruise ended on March 7th.  My PassPort expired on March 12th, 2022.  I didn't catch it until just before the cruise.  I presented my documents including the passport and said nothing.  About 5 minutes later we were on the ship looking for our muster station.  My recommendation is don't bring attention to your situation and all will be well.  I now have a new passport ready for our August cruise.

Bill

You're "keeping quiet" had nothing to do with it. Passsports are scanned. The agent barely looks at them. You breeezed through for the simple reasen your passport  was not expiring before the end of the cruise

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You're "keeping quiet" had nothing to do with it. Passsports are scanned. The agent barely looks at them. You breeezed through for the simple reasen your passport  was not expiring before the end of the cruise

We boarded the ship at SanJuan and much to my surprise there were no scanners only a gate agent who inspected our documents.

• 5 months later...

Any updates ? Was anyone turned away.

DW passport expires end of March23. We are leaving for a western Caribbean for NYE22. Im Not worried at all, but my wife is getting paranoid about being left in FLL. 🙂 while the rest of the family sails.!

38 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Any updates ? Was anyone turned away.

DW passport expires end of March23. We are leaving for a western Caribbean for NYE22. Im Not worried at all, but my wife is getting paranoid about being left in FLL. 🙂 while the rest of the family sails.!

If you are going on a Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean all you need is a valid unexpired passport. 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 9:45 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

You're making stuff up now. Show me one instance where that has ever happened. If it had, it would be well documented here

Cruises to Cuba when they had them.

Cuba required 6 month validity even for cruise passengers.

• Like 1

Wait a minute about a month ago Royal sent us a email that Columbia is requiring the passports to be valid before the 6 month expiration. Plus Columbia is requiring unvaccinated guest to have a negative COVID test  3 days before boarding.

Edited by fenton04
Spelling