QM2 May 15th sailing

ak1004

For our 28 night Caribbean Jan Feb we had very little problem with emails and web browsing while at sea. Is the problem now worse with the new internet package? Off to fjords next month so expect limited service up fjords.

5 hours ago, sogne said:

For our 28 night Caribbean Jan Feb we had very little problem with emails and web browsing while at sea. Is the problem now worse with the new internet package? Off to fjords next month so expect limited service up fjords.

Perhaps with the old rules there was an incentive to minimize the number of minutes, so you would disconnect promptly after completing the immediate task at hand.

With the new daily connect charge, there is no incentive to disconnect before 24 hours are up, so more devices are active on WiFi at once.

You know the very best part of a cruise? Not brining along all that interconnected equipment and not calling, emailing or texting a sole for up to a full 123 days on board. That is heaven on earth.

If those still stranded on shore really have an emergency of such note that they must tell you about it, the ship can be reached via telephone and the radio room will come to your stateroom with the message and you can deal with it. Beyond that there should be nothing that requires contact from or to shore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

You know the very best part of a cruise? Not brining along all that interconnected equipment and not calling, emailing or texting a sole for up to a full 123 days on board. That is heaven on earth.

If those still stranded on shore really have an emergency of such note that they must tell you about it, the ship can be reached via telephone and the radio room will come to your stateroom with the message and you can deal with it. Beyond that there should be nothing that requires contact from or to shore.

As mentioned many times, many passengers have elderly parents and need to stay in touch. I understand that for some it might be difficult to understand but different people have different needs and priorities. 

Decent and usable internet is a necessity for some of us. We would never take this cruise if we knew it's that bad  and till this is fixed, we will not return to Cunard.

I think this just shows how much Cunard "cares" about their customers. 

Btw almost a week after the end of the cruise and we still didn't get our survey. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

As mentioned many times, many passengers have elderly parents and need to stay in touch. I understand that for some it might be difficult to understand but different people have different needs and priorities. 

Decent and usable internet is a necessity for some of us. We would never take this cruise if we knew it's that bad  and till this is fixed, we will not return to Cunard.

I think this just shows how much Cunard "cares" about their customers. 

Btw almost a week after the end of the cruise and we still didn't get our survey. 

Have cruised Cunard a number of times and have never received a survey. I understand that you have many issues with the line. I doubt a preprinted survey will satisfy your need to complain. I would suggest a firm but polite letter to the President or to the head of Hotel management. They run the internals for the passengers setting forth all of your issues.

6 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Have cruised Cunard a number of times and have never received a survey. I understand that you have many issues with the line. I doubt a preprinted survey will satisfy your need to complain. I would suggest a firm but polite letter to the President or to the head of Hotel management. They run the internals for the passengers setting forth all of your issues.

Our waiter told us we will be getting a survey in a few days, but I guess she was misinformed.

There is no point to write any letters. It is what it is, and it will not change. I knew exactly what to expect when we took this cruise, so no major disappointments. It's just when you drive a Mercedes, it's difficult to go back to Toyota..

To whomever has recently been on -- particularly the QM2 -- what were the actual L'Occitane bath items in the Britannia level cabins? At the bathroom sink -- bar of soap?  In the shower -- only the body/shampoo dispenser?  Anything else?

Thanks,

Robert

5 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

To whomever has recently been on -- particularly the QM2 -- what were the actual L'Occitane bath items in the Britannia level cabins? At the bathroom sink -- bar of soap?  In the shower -- only the body/shampoo dispenser?  Anything else?

Thanks,

Robert

no soap bars, only liquid soap. No conditioner.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Our waiter told us we will be getting a survey in a few days, but I guess she was misinformed.

There is no point to write any letters. It is what it is, and it will not change. I knew exactly what to expect when we took this cruise, so no major disappointments. It's just when you drive a Mercedes, it's difficult to go back to Toyota..

ak1004,

We did receive a survey, via e-mail, two days after we disembarked this cruise. It was fairly long and offered many areas to make comments. You may want to check your span/junk mail box. When it came to the WiFi service, I did not mince words.

Jack

43 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

ak1004,

We did receive a survey, via e-mail, two days after we disembarked this cruise. It was fairly long and offered many areas to make comments. You may want to check your span/junk mail box. When it came to the WiFi service, I did not mince words.

Jack

I check my spam every day. There was no survey.

5 hours ago, ak1004 said:

no soap bars, only liquid soap. No conditioner.

I am on QM2  now can can confirm no bar of soap. Just ldispenssers for liquid soap shampoo shower gel and body lotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I am on QM2  now can can confirm no bar of soap. Just ldispenssers for liquid soap shampoo shower gel and body lotion. 

They will bring you soap and other things if you ask.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

They will bring you soap and other things if you ask.  

I think that availability will cease when they run out of current inventory. Doubt they are reordering the individual items as the purpose is to save money. We are planning to bring our own supply of soaps for the 2024 world cruise.

1 hour ago, Lakesregion said:

I think that availability will cease when they run out of current inventory. Doubt they are reordering the individual items as the purpose is to save money. We are planning to bring our own supply of soaps for the 2024 world cruise.

So this is now the definition of luxury according to Cunard.. bring your own supplies. Maybe also bring your own router for the wifi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

So this is now the definition of luxury according to Cunard.. bring your own supplies. Maybe also bring your own router for the wifi.

I am with you on this. Cunard CANNOT continue to call itself a luxury line if it is cutting so many corners to save a buck. Bars of soap? 

2 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

Speculation seems, ruitless at this stage. All one can do is note what is happening currently.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

I think you are completely misrepresenting the position, as it is for the present, at any rate. Both liquid and bar soap are available, though in any case, many people do like to bring their own, as they favour a particular brand.

Edited by exlondoner

42 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

I am with you on this. Cunard CANNOT continue to call itself a luxury line if it is cutting so many corners to save a buck. Bars of soap? 

Maybe once they stop call themselves a luxury line and recognize that they are a mass market line, like Celebrity and Princess, things would look different.  

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think you are completely misrepresenting the position, as it is for the present, at any rate. Both liquid and bar soap are available, though in any case, many people do like to bring their own, as they favour a particular brand.

So bring your own bars of soap, your own conditioner, your own hangers (Cunard has those cheap wire hangers), your own bath robe etc etc. 

I guess we have different definitions of luxury..

I always thought it utterly bizarre that mentioning a brand of cleansing product in the cabin descriptions is in any way supposed to promote luxury status. I went out for a lovely meal at a local upmarket hotel last night, but alas I forgot to check the brand of the soap in the gents to see how posh I was.

NB The wait service, though perfectly fine, fell far short of the wonderful Ferdimark in the QM2 Britannia Club restaurant. He has spoiled me for life I tell you.

2 minutes ago, P2l said:

NB The wait service, though perfectly fine, fell far short of the wonderful Ferdimark in the QM2 Britannia Club restaurant. He has spoiled me for life I tell you.

Waiters serving your dishes across the table and waiting for your water to be re filled every single time are not my definition of wonderful service. 

Yes, you can ask for everything. But the definition of luxury is that you don't have to ASK for things.

1 minute ago, ak1004 said:

Waiters serving your dishes across the table and waiting for your water to be re filled every single time are not my definition of wonderful service. 

Yes, you can ask for everything. But the definition of luxury is that you don't have to ASK for things.

That works very well for my spouse who has the same breakfast every day: for me, wanting a different breakfast every day, it would be impossible to manage without employing psychics. However, having mentioned at the first meal that I drank a lot of water, I don't think I ever needed to ask for my glass to be refilled. It was done before I realised the need.

13 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

So bring your own bars of soap, your own conditioner, your own hangers (Cunard has those cheap wire hangers), your own bath robe etc etc. 

I guess we have different definitions of luxury..

Again you seem to misunderstand me. I don't bring any such things, as they are provided on board. The only wire hangars I have encountered are when clothes come back from the laundry. Those in my cabin were universally wooden.

But I know some people do prefer specific brands of say, soap, so bring their own. I don't think that is anything to do with one's definition of luxury.

• Like 3