Bermuda makes the Travel Authorisation process easier

shof515

Another important change in requirements. They've eliminated the need for another COVID test if you make  a port call before Bermuda. Now a second test is required only if your ship takes more than 4 days from the embarkation date to arrive in Bermuda.

Those of you who are on cruises that first call on Norfolk or elsewhere no longer will need the second test.

36 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Another important change in requirements. They've eliminated the need for another COVID test if you make  a port call before Bermuda. Now a second test is required only if your ship takes more than 4 days from the embarkation date to arrive in Bermuda.

Those of you who are on cruises that first call on Norfolk or elsewhere no longer will need the second test.

It certainly looks like Bermuda has been working with the cruise lines to ease the burden for Bermuda cruises this spring and summer from the East Coast when Bermuda is not the first port of call.   

There are a number of westbound TAs this fall (including one on which I'm booked) that call on Bermuda about ten days into the cruise.   It will be interesting to see what happens with those; I doubt the cruise lines really want to test everyone on board a TA.  October is a long way off, so Bermuda is not something I'm going to worry or speculate about at this point. 

Fabulous News!!! It appears that now all we need to do is bring the negative COVID-18 test to the pier as long as you have the TA.

This should make the embarkation lines go much quicker in NY and Boston!!!

• Like 1

I’ve already submitted my TA application prior to todays change and was just awaiting to upload my negative test.  Has anyone else applied prior to today and received authorization?  I’m assuming I will receive authorization soon since I no longer need to upload negative test. 

Not to make a wise remarks, now ... how do we know for sure (today is Saturday - Bermuda's notice/changes issued & dated May 21) that NCL operations (corporate level in Miami HQ) and ship's Guest Services (Joy, Pearl, etc. destined for Bermuda) are aware of this, notifying all affected parties and the port operator (outsourced contractors)  -  not taken it for granted is the operative phrase.  If there are still problems at the cruise terminal in the morning, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand has been dealt, or the frontline not briefed on what instructions are given from the back of the house.  Communications at NCL, as some of us come to recognize, is consistently inconsistent.  

This is a welcoming change on Bermuda's part as they continue to collect, what some of us considered, a head tax in disguise to boost revenue for the islands under Covid.  Healthy and smooth sailing to those heading toward Bermuda this month.  

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Not to make a wise remarks, now ... how do we know for sure (today is Saturday - Bermuda's notice/changes issued & dated May 21) that NCL operations (corporate level in Miami HQ) and ship's Guest Services (Joy, Pearl, etc. destined for Bermuda) are aware of this, notifying all affected parties and the port operator (outsourced contractors)  -  not taken it for granted is the operative phrase.  If there are still problems at the cruise terminal in the morning, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand has been dealt, or the frontline not briefed on what instructions are given from the back of the house.  Communications at NCL, as some of us come to recognize, is consistently inconsistent.  

This is a welcoming change on Bermuda's part as they continue to collect, what some of us considered, a head tax in disguise to boost revenue for the islands under Covid.  Healthy and smooth sailing to those heading toward Bermuda this month.  

To further complicate the issue Bermuda has now added the following wording to the web page:

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

Effective for applications made on or before May 21, 22 & 23, 2022 for travel on those dates:

1. All Passengers must apply for and have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the terminal.
  2. Fill in your application, upload your vaccine and your negative Covid-19 pre-travel test, pay $40 by Visa/Mastercard.  You will receive notification via email that your application has been received and is in for review.
  3. When your application is approved you will receive the approved form in your email – bring this with you to the terminal.
  4. If further information is required on your application – you will receive an email with instructions on what is required.
  5. Bring your Vaccine Card, Travel Authorisation & your negative Covid 19 pre-travel test with you to the terminal.

If you are making an application or have made an application for travel after May 24, 2022:

1. All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the terminal.

2. Failing to apply for and receive an approved TA at least 2 weeks prior to travel will result in delayed boarding for you and your party.

3. All you need to do is fill in the application, upload your vaccination card and pay $40 by credit card. You will receive your approved document by email.

4. You must show your approved Travel Authorisation at embarkation, along with your negative COVID-19 test result, even if you have already uploaded it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tessie 2022 said:

I’ve already submitted my TA application prior to todays change and was just awaiting to upload my negative test.  Has anyone else applied prior to today and received authorization?  I’m assuming I will receive authorization soon since I no longer need to upload negative test. 

This was my question too as we leave next week, 5/29, and submitted our info at 30 days out. No email from Bermuda yet but they may be playing catch up for tomorrows departure. I'll give them until Monday and if no email I'll call.

• Like 1

This is great news for all! We were on the JOY cruise on 5/15 and embarkation was a nightmare! We did the online testing for Bermuda uploaded the results got back a provisional status from Bermuda nota  final. Neither did the other 400 -500 or so people that checked in and could not get on the ship in NYC with a provisional from Bermuda. We all stood in lines in the terminal for up to 4 hours waiting for 2 Bermuda officials trying to figure out final approvals for all! It was  a nightmare. Eventually they let us on the ship if we promised to see Bermuda officials the next day! OMG! Bermuda could just not keep up with all the paperwork THEY requested! we got a final the next day within a few minutes . 

Hi All…We are on the 5/29 sailing of the Joy. I called Bermuda at 7:00 this AM and was #6 on line. Within 10 minutes I had my family’s 5 Green Authorization Forms emailed to me. Now all we have to do is turn in negative Covid-19 tests along with boarding passes, passports and the Authorization forms at the pier.