Are the Havana Cabana's Worth It ?

IMSAILING

Hello Friends

Booking a cruise for my 50th birthday on the Horizon. Trying to decide between a spa cabin, 14201 - Aft Oceanview Walkway Cabin or splurging on a Havan Cabana. Question for anyone who has stayed in the Havana Cabanas - Is it worth it ? Did you use your lanai and the exclusive pool area ? It's an 8 day southern itenerary - so we would have 3 dea days. Intersted in your thoughts. 

We sailed on the Vista before Covid. Love the Havana area. Totally worth it.  
my wife loved the swing and Lanai. I thought I would miss leaning over the balcony rail and seeing the ocean. Wasn’t the case. I too loved the lanai.  The Havana pool area is awesome. No young kids. Quiet and at times feels like your own private ship. Access to your room from the lanai area is nice. You dont have to go to the interior to access your room. 
we love Havana cabins so much we just booked a Cabana room for the Panorama on August 6 and the Horizon for April 15th, 2023. If you have more detailed questions let me know. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IMSAILING said:

Hello Friends

Booking a cruise for my 50th birthday on the Horizon. Trying to decide between a spa cabin, 14201 - Aft Oceanview Walkway Cabin or splurging on a Havan Cabana. Question for anyone who has stayed in the Havana Cabanas - Is it worth it ? Did you use your lanai and the exclusive pool area ? It's an 8 day southern itenerary - so we would have 3 dea days. Intersted in your thoughts. 

We did a 6 day on the Horizon in a Havana Cabana. We did not use the lanai that often but we were at the pool area every day. It was heaven.

We went to Grand Cayman,Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. We only got off the ship in Cozumel.

We went to Guys burgers so my wife could get a burger and it is right where the main pool is. With all the kids screaming, the dj music blasting, and the big screen on we were glad we had the peace and quiet of the exclusive pool area.

A couple days after our cruise we booked another Havana Cabana on the Celebration.

• Like 2

That's a yes and no answer.  Havana is totally worth the splurge.  Getting the dedicated (and largely kid-free) area is fantastic.  Love the pool and bar, and you can always find a place to sit.

Would I pay for the Cabana when I can get the same benefits in a Havana Inside?  Nope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

That's a yes and no answer.  Havana is totally worth the splurge.  Getting the dedicated (and largely kid-free) area is fantastic.  Love the pool and bar, and you can always find a place to sit.

Would I pay for the Cabana when I can get the same benefits in a Havana Inside?  Nope.

Agreed. We booked ours when people weren't booking too much and got a good price. When our cruise was over they were having the 50th birthday sale and again got a good price.

With what the prices are currently I'd book the inside cabin.

30 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

Totally agree! What put us off from ever booking a Havana Cabana was this . No direct view of the ocean, and total lack of privacy. We noticed that there was almost never anyone using theirs. 

IMG_2416-X2.jpg

IMG_2420-X2.jpg

IMG_2706-X2.jpg

IMG_2707-X2.jpg

That convinced us to book a Havana inside on the Panorama last October which we loved so much, we booked the same cabin on the Vista in 2024! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

We absolutely loved our little cabana patio, and used it often.  But not many of our neighbors did - it was very quiet and we rarely saw other people.  I love to just relax and read while on a cruise, so I spent so much time there, and then if it got too hot in the direct sun, I'd go to a shaded area on the Havana deck.  It was so nice and peaceful.  But I always compare prices, and currently a havana cabana on Celebration would be an additional $1000 over the price of an extended balcony, and I couldn't justify that, so went with the extended balcony.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Totally agree! What put us off from ever booking a Havana Cabana was this . No direct view of the ocean, and total lack of privacy. We noticed that there was almost never anyone using theirs. 

IMG_2416-X2.jpg

IMG_2420-X2.jpg

IMG_2706-X2.jpg

IMG_2707-X2.jpg

That convinced us to book a Havana inside on the Panorama last October which we loved so much, we booked the same cabin on the Vista in 2024! :classic_cool:

What @Jamman54neglects to mention(see the deck area between the patio and ocean in the photos), is that anyone with Havana privileges is free to stroll right by and “look in on you” while strolling by. Further, the only thing preventing those not holding Havana privileges from entering from either side and thereby walking directly by your suite, is a rinky-dink little sign on the door advising Havana Guests Only. We’ve seen many people breach the side entrances and then be turned away by Havana staff only to return to stroll by your suite a few minutes later. 

We would NEVER book one of these. 

the aft view Havana and interior provide the same privileges at a fraction on the cost. 
in fact, One can book a grand suite and have Havana privileges. If you look, you’ll find that a grand suite is about $1000 less for two people than a Havana suite. No brainer for us.

and while true there won’t be any kids there, if they do show up they’ll be shooed away by Havana staff, our experience has shown that the Havana area only offers at home to a bunch of older drunks. In many ways, kind of a hollow and expensive fail in our view.

YMMV

We were inquiring on this vs the spa as well.  We have always enjoyed the spa cabins on the upper

floors becuase of the less people up there.  We have seen videos the the Havana pool/bar area was 

only exclusive only up to 7PM.  After 7PM it is open to the general public, can someone confirm this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, gazingm42 said:

We were inquiring on this vs the spa as well.  We have always enjoyed the spa cabins on the upper

floors becuase of the less people up there.  We have seen videos the the Havana pool/bar area was 

only exclusive only up to 7PM.  After 7PM it is open to the general public, can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Not true is is not open to the public.

2 hours ago, gazingm42 said:

Thanks

That used to be the case, but not anymore.  It is no longer open to the public at any time.

The bar area itself is always open to everyone. Once the person leaves the bar area and walks through the sliding glass doors out to the pool area, it is that area that is open to Havana guests only.
At one time the restriction to Havana guests ended at 7 PM. This is no longer the case. The pool area of Havana is open only to those with Havana privileges anytime it is open.

20 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

The bar area itself is always open to everyone. Once the person leaves the bar area and walks through the sliding glass doors out to the pool area, it is that area that is open to Havana guests only.
At one time the restriction to Havana guests ended at 7 PM. This is no longer the case. The pool area of Havana is open only to those with Havana privileges anytime it is open.

and what is it you are afraid of people seeing if by chance they strolled past your cabana?

• Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

and what is it you are afraid of people seeing if by chance they strolled past your cabana?

Personally, sitting in that swag naked as a J-bird 😎. Just a little bit.

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Personally, sitting in that swag naked as a J-bird 😎. Just a little bit.

The few times I went out my gate and strolled along the deck outside my cabana there was nary a soul around. We met our neighbors the first day and never saw them again the rest of the cruise. To each their own I guess.😇

The first year the Panorama was in the water, we got one of the Havana aft cabins.  We really enjoyed the balcony, but not the cabin so much.  I didn't like the layout and it seemed cramped.  There was no couch, just a chair and neither of us enjoy sitting on the bed while we're in the cabin.  It was on the deck above the Havana pool area.

This year, I snagged one of the Havana suites, my understanding is there are only four on the Panorama.  I got it quite a while ago, when there was a good sale and no one seemed to be booking for my husband's birthday.  It looks pretty spacious and I hope we'll have a much better experience.

• Like 1

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Havana cabins and area on the Vista class. It is sooo worth it.  However, we get either an aft balcony or vista (corner) balcony rather than the havana cabanas.  

15 hours ago, Bgwest said:

How do they monitor to keep the non-havana people out?

51 minutes ago, choppe said:

How do they monitor to keep the non-havana people out?

Wristbands that change ever cruise. Untill, of course, they begin to recycle through the colors. Prevents B2B pax from buying Havana privileges on the first half only and sliding on in for the second half.

On our last B2B we were given dark brown for the first half and cream colored for the second half. Both were in an envelope on embarkation day waiting for us in our cabin. 

And unlike chair hogs, staff actually enforce this. 

• Like 1