golfer1903

Hello we are using seattle express for six people

i am in a suite so my check in time is 12 noon

the rest of the group is 1240

we have the shuttle picking us up at 9am so far

will they let us wait at the port terminal 

I know they don’t really want you there  but will they let you

as the ship departing time has change I feel they will be boarding sooner also

or do I change pickup time and to what time do I pick?

I suffer from anxiety so I will not be able to relax till I’m at the port. I would rather wait ther knowing I’m there no issues. Then relax at hotel  but I don’t want my group to have to stand outside at the port if we can’t get in ?

does anyone know the policy?

@CruiserBruce is correct - you will have to wait outside until the morning disembarkation is complete and there is zero count on the ship.

There is virtually no place to sit, no amenities except for two single use restrooms (M&W).

Not sure if your level of anxiety would be heighten by being around the chaos of arriving early while folks are disembarking from two ships, or arriving at 10 am, and having folks just beginning the embarkation process. 

I'm going to say sorry first. If the cruise line wanted you there at 10 am they would have told you. They are asking you to be there at noon so they can get everyone onboard in a some what controlled manner. Why is so hard for people to understand this. You are NOT special. Your special time is at noon. Be a good traveler and do right by your fellow travelers. 

Again I'm sorry but now that that is over some advise on what to do the morning of. We book our hotel downtown so that we can wake up, clean up, then head over to Pike Place and watch as the market is opening up and coming alive for the day. We'll grab some coffee from the Starbucks there and maybe find some breakfast too. I'll even buy my wife some fresh flowers from the market to put in our cabin for the week. You'll have to carry them on board but everyone will be envious and ask where you got them. Around 10:00 - 10:30 we'll make our way back to hotel, grab our bags and head to the pier about 11:30.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, Bluemymind said:

I'm going to say sorry first. If the cruise line wanted you there at 10 am they would have told you. They are asking you to be there at noon so they can get everyone onboard in a some what controlled manner. Why is so hard for people to understand this. You are NOT special. Your special time is at noon. Be a good traveler and do right by your fellow travelers. 

Again I'm sorry but now that that is over some advise on what to do the morning of. We book our hotel downtown so that we can wake up, clean up, then head over to Pike Place and watch as the market is opening up and coming alive for the day. We'll grab some coffee from the Starbucks there and maybe find some breakfast too. I'll even buy my wife some fresh flowers from the market to put in our cabin for the week. You'll have to carry them on board but everyone will be envious and ask where you got them. Around 10:00 - 10:30 we'll make our way back to hotel, grab our bags and head to the pier about 11:30.

We almost always have a 11am check in time. Some people just don't get it. I've been to Pier 91 at 11am and it's an absolute zoo with people who aren't supposed to be there until 1pm or later. I remember one time we were late getting to Pier 91, we got there at around 3pm and it was a breeze getting on the ship, couldn't do that now since they leave at 3pm. Traffic is so terrible in Seattle that you almost have to come into town every.

• Like 1