Do they look at your picture when using Verifly to check in?

Eli_6

So, somehow, Verifly has MY picture on my husband's approved "pass" on verifly.  No clue how this happened as we uploaded his picture and his picture is even on his profile for a prior cruise.  I contacted verifly and they told me I had to delete the app and start over but I wasn't going to do that because I had 7 cruises uploaded and 4 bookings (husband, me and two kids) already approved for our cruise in 2 days...took about 2 hours to upload all those vax cards, results, pictures, etc.  I explained that I didn't want to do this and verifly said that the incorrect picture would not affect our ability to check in...but how can it not? I look nothing like my husband and I am obviously a woman. A picture of me is not a picture of a 47 year old man!  My husband tried downloading the app and doing it on his own phone, but they have not approved his vaccine card and it has been more than 24 hours.  He again contacted them and they told him he would have to delete it and start over again.  He gave up at that point.  We are both to the point of saying screw verifly.   

3 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, they did for our family all 3 times we use the app.

They checked our photos carefully. There seems to be some appeal to that specific app that makes them scrutinize them. They stared hard at my hubs before looking at the app photo.

Edited by AHS123

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

So, somehow, Verifly has MY picture on my husband's approved "pass" on verifly.  No clue how this happened as we uploaded his picture and his picture is even on his profile for a prior cruise.  I contacted verifly and they told me I had to delete the app and start over but I wasn't going to do that because I had 7 cruises uploaded and 4 bookings (husband, me and two kids) already approved for our cruise in 2 days...took about 2 hours to upload all those vax cards, results, pictures, etc.  I explained that I didn't want to do this and verifly said that the incorrect picture would not affect our ability to check in...but how can it not? I look nothing like my husband and I am obviously a woman. A picture of me is not a picture of a 47 year old man!  My husband tried downloading the app and doing it on his own phone, but they have not approved his vaccine card and it has been more than 24 hours.  He again contacted them and they told him he would have to delete it and start over again.  He gave up at that point.  We are both to the point of saying screw verifly.   

The same thing happened to us,so it's not you. Mu husband did get to do his in time though. My advice would be just to forget Verifly and show the hard copies. 

Staple the paperwork all together - boarding pass,then Covid test printout, Spain Health form if that applies to you. 

Keep the vaccine card with your passports separately. Show them the stapled paperwork,then the vaccine card and passport.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

On 4/30 sailing on MG we got Ready to Cruise on Verifly app.  Once arrived at the pier we also had hard copies too and show the agent the app then she double checked with the hard copies and re-take the pictures (she must be a newbie or ??).  We wasted a lot time to uploaded all the useless information.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The same thing happened to us,so it's not you. Mu husband did get to do his in time though. My advice would be just to forget Verifly and show the hard copies. 

Staple the paperwork all together - boarding pass,then Covid test printout, Spain Health form if that applies to you. 

Keep the vaccine card with your passports separately. Show them the stapled paperwork,then the vaccine card and passport.

When you upload or take a picture it says guest. I found out you have to choose yourself first, then your travelling companion or it will reverse the pictures. The only way to correct this was to delete the cruise and start over.  I was a bit frustrated by all this.  But finally got it uploaded correctly. They checked our pictures very carefully. We never had to pull out our documents. It went very smoothly.

• Like 1

At this point, we will just give them the documents because I am not starting over again on that stupid app. I guess all of that time was wasted. Sigh.  Oddly enough, my picture is correct and both of my kids' pictures are correct. It is just my husband's pic that is wrong.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

At this point, we will just give them the documents because I am not starting over again on that stupid app. I guess all of that time was wasted. Sigh.  Oddly enough, my picture is correct and both of my kids' pictures are correct. It is just my husband's pic that is wrong.  

Stop stressing over this,there's no point in it. It's not mandatory to use Verifly and one would need to bring original paper copies of everything,so just show the paperwork. It's the same thing with a mobile airline boarding pass, sometimes it's just easier with paper than on a smartphone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1