Did you hire a boat in Mykonos? (Cross Posted on Greece Board)

Didn't get any replies on the Greece board... hoping you guys may come through.

We're in Mykonos 6am to 6pm.  We're  hoping to spend the day on a boat.  Would love to get picked up, sail to some secluded cove away from the crowds and swim and maybe have a little beach time.   

I see several tour companies.  Anyone have any experiences with any of them to share?     We are hoping for small group, secluded beach/swim, and lunch/drinks included.

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

The only doubt I have is where does Odyssey of the Seas dock in Mykonos, the Old Port or the New Port, so I can properly arrange the transfer with the catamaran operator. 

On the 7th of May sailing we docked at the new port.

• Thanks 1

We booked with Greece Sailing. They are picking us up at the Tender pier, bringing us to a private sail boat, then we have a nice day before they bring us back. I can let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sharktums said:

We booked with Greece Sailing. They are picking us up at the Tender pier, bringing us to a private sail boat, then we have a nice day before they bring us back. I can let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

Thanks  I'm eager to hear!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Try mykonoscruising.com/
They offer exactly what you're looking for and you could add a transfer service from/to the port.

The only doubt I have is where does Odyssey of the Seas dock in Mykonos, the Old Port or the New Port, so I can properly arrange the transfer with the catamaran operator. 

I saw them,   I was looking for someone who has experience with them and can offer their opinion of the service.

Mykonos can be very windy and the seas surrounding it can be unpredictable. We’ve been on 2 cruises that stopped at Mykonos and both were disrupted.
The first was cancelled due to high winds and we had to sail onto our next port Ephesus early for an overnight stop.

The second time should have been an early morning tender but the weather had other ideas. After a rocky morning at sea, the winds had dropped enough for us to be able to port. Lucky for us we departed later than originally planned so we were able to enjoy the beautiful sunset as we sailed away. 

So just a heads up really to have a plan B just in case.  Have a lovely cruise - Mykonos is one of my favourite Greek isles.

17 hours ago, livylotte said:

Mykonos can be very windy and the seas surrounding it can be unpredictable. We’ve been on 2 cruises that stopped at Mykonos and both were disrupted.
The first was cancelled due to high winds and we had to sail onto our next port Ephesus early for an overnight stop.

The second time should have been an early morning tender but the weather had other ideas. After a rocky morning at sea, the winds had dropped enough for us to be able to port. Lucky for us we departed later than originally planned so we were able to enjoy the beautiful sunset as we sailed away. 

So just a heads up really to have a plan B just in case.  Have a lovely cruise - Mykonos is one of my favourite Greek isles.

We'll roll with the punches,   I'll be eager to hear from others who have done it... how rocky their sailboat was. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 5:45 PM, carlosalonsor said:

Try mykonoscruising.com/
They offer exactly what you're looking for and you could add a transfer service from/to the port.

Well this didn’t went well. 

We took the semi private sailing and are really disappointed about the whole experience. 

The boarding process is at Ornos Beach and it was totally disorganized and chaotic. The hostess there didn’t inform us well about anything. 

Our whole group was already there But we were kept waiting on the pier for almost an hour for not apparent reason. Nobody informed us why or what was happening. We finally got on the boat at 10:30 am. 

Then we sailed to two different places. And they weren’t as nice as you would think. In retrospective we should have stayed on one the beach clubs at any beach at Mykonos as the places we went didn’t looked as beautiful. 

They took us back about 3 pm. So It wasn’t the 5/6 hours tour they promised. We got at most 4 hours and a half and that’s not what we paid for. 

The food was fine, but not great. 

Then after we got down the boat I tried to reach the company to let them know what happened. They answered me denying everything and being very antagonizing and rude. 

The basically called me a liar. And told me to go back to the ship to see that what I was saying wasn’t true. That the hostess said that we left earlier than the hour I said and that we didn’t wait as much as I said because it wasn’t posible. I don’t know if this treat is normal in Mykonos but I don’t think this is the way to manage guest feedback. 

I wouldn’t try this again and I would discourage anyone to do this activity as this experience doesn’t worth what it cost and the costumer service after you paid isn’t very good an it’s very rude an confrontational. 

This tour was the highlight of our trip and it was a complete disappointment