RCL - Voyage of the Seas or Celebrity - Millennium out of San Juan for Southern Caribbean Cruise

aururab

I cannot decide betweenĀ RCL - Voyage of the Seas or Celebrity - Millennium out of San Juan for Southern Caribbean Cruise of of San Juan for a Feb 2023 cruise.Ā 

Help!

About us, Active 60 something grandparents, parents, kids (6 and 10). The RCL cruise has no at sea days, the Celebrity cruise has one.Ā 

Ā 

Rates are similar (factoring in gratuities and drinks) and Millennium has cabins with upper births, which will make the kids happy....Ā 

Ā 

What would you pick?Ā 

Difficult choice. Without the kids I'd definitely opt for Celebrity. The kids are an added twist - RCCL would offer more kid friendly bells and whistles, and probably have more other kids for them to play with. All else being equal I'd look more closely at the itinerary and see if one offers longer time in port.

• Like 1

Essiesmom - those are my thoughts as well. The kids will likely have minimal time to for the more kids friendly activities.Ā 

RCCL - Pros, waterslides and more activities for the kids, no at sea days

Celebrity - Service, food, ambiance in general.Ā 

3 hours ago, mom says said:

Difficult choice. Without the kids I'd definitely opt for Celebrity. The kids are an added twist - RCCL would offer more kid friendly bells and whistles, and probably have more other kids for them to play with. All else being equal I'd look more closely at the itinerary and see if one offers longer time in port.

The port times are fairly similar, just one less for Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

Are they both out of San Juan? I was going to book the Southern Carib out of SJ on Millie for Oct but the flights were ridiculous and the layovers were either 40 mins or 4+ hours. We decided to choose one that we could drive to the port. Didn't want to pay another $600-700pp for flights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 11:55 PM, whataboutport said:

"Are they both out of San Juan? "

Yes, I am coming from California, so the only way to get to any cruise is to fly. While the flights were more cumbersome to SJU, I'm excited about getting to visit for a few days in advance! šŸ™‚Ā 

Oh, and we did go ahead and book it on Royal Caribbean! šŸ™‚

Ā