Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

11 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

As always I enjoy your descriptions of your food and drink in Miami. Photos of street art were amazing,  you have such a great eye for composition. Looking forward to rest of your report.

Mary 

Thanks for the compliment. My composition style is just "point and click" one shot, then move on. No obsessing about how it turns out. The camera is the one doing all the work, and my phone is a four year old piece of junk.

• Like 4

Another walk, this time over towards Bayside Marketplace... No offense to the people who like this place, but if you look in the dictionary under "tourist trap" you'll find a picture of it as the definition. There is a good view of the Scarlet Lady, though.

PXL_20220527_134000510.thumb.jpg.6476db35b82b3fee481636e6f318ba88.jpg

PXL_20220527_133755963.thumb.jpg.d9988fc3676f632eed563a622df7af86.jpg

PXL_20220527_133435357.jpg

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

My composition style is just "point and click" one shot, then move on. No obsessing about how it turns out.

Then you have a great natural eye.  You see beauty in things I would just walk right past.  You have a gift.  I have always enjoyed your live reports.  (I am also a Tribe lurker.) 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Another walk, this time over towards Bayside Marketplace... No offense to the people who like this place, but if you look in the dictionary under "tourist trap" you'll find a picture of it as the definition. There is a good view of the Scarlet Lady, though.

PXL_20220527_134000510.thumb.jpg.6476db35b82b3fee481636e6f318ba88.jpg

PXL_20220527_133755963.thumb.jpg.d9988fc3676f632eed563a622df7af86.jpg

PXL_20220527_133435357.jpg

I can already tell you have a much better mindset this cruise than your last one. Excited for you to really enjoy this well deserved B2B 🚢🚢

• Like 7

Back at the hotel again... I don't know where else to go. I guess that I'm going to slowly start getting ready for checkout at noon. My arrival time is 1:30, but I'll probably end up being an hour early, unless I just go hang out in the lobby for awhile. They definitely don't begin boarding until 2:00, so I don't want to be too early. Last time, I was among the first fifty or so people on board, directly behind the Rock Stars, who have priority...

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Back at the hotel again... I don't know where else to go. I guess that I'm going to slowly start getting ready for checkout at noon. My arrival time is 1:30, but I'll probably end up being an hour early, unless I just go hang out in the lobby for awhile. They definitely don't begin boarding until 2:00, so I don't want to be too early. Last time, I was among the first fifty or so people on board, directly behind the Rock Stars, who have priority...

If you can get into the new terminal. it's actually a really great place to hang out. Hoping they have sorted out the cluster they had when I sailed - shiny new terminal but they kept everyone standing outside. So weird. My hope is that it was because they were still doing the Covid testing and now that you already did that, it might be a smoother experience!

• Like 3

I'm packed back up and showered. I could walk out of here right now, but I would be grossly early. I don't want to stand around in the heat any longer than I have to. I'm just ready to get myself back on board. I don't have any dinner plans tonight, so I'm totally just playing it as it happens. I'll probably just "snack around" at several different places...

Costume of the day.

PXL_20220527_150639784.jpg

• Like 6

Some day, I might write a book about traveling with OCD... You couldn't even imagine the little things that I obsess about during my adventures. Packing up a to go bag, complete with all sorts of things that I won't even go into. You'll just have to wait for the book.

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Some day, I might write a book about traveling with OCD... You couldn't even imagine the little things that I obsess about during my adventures. Packing up a to go bag, complete with all sorts of things that I won't even go into. You'll just have to wait for the book.

You actually should because you do have a way with words.

• Like 4

There was a table where they checked your corona virus test, passport, and vaccination card. From there, you get a wristband showing that you've been checked, then get in the proper line for your arrival appointment. I'm 1:30, and there are probably thirty people in front of me. That doesn't count all the Rock Stars who are somewhere else entirely.

• Like 5

The crowd here looks a bit different than the normal cruise line crowd. Many fit, workout types, and then you have the LGBT people. (*Not that there's anything wrong with it) Virgin Voyages prides themselves on being inclusive. Even for a wierdo like me:)

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Hopefully twenty minutes from now, we'll be heading into the terminal for check in, and boarding soon after. 

So they still hold you outside? I don't get it. Why not let people sit in the nice, shiny terminal until their check-in time? Seems such a waste to spend all that money on something most will only see for 5 minutes as they check in....

• Like 5

That escalated quickly... I'm checked in and through security. They hadn't even started handling out boarding group cards yet, and the people behind me in line all had boarding group 1. I asked someone how I could get one, and the guy walked away a disappeared. Anyhoo, I just went up the escalator without one. Hopefully they don't give me any guff when I go to board.

PXL_20220527_171827776.thumb.jpg.74ef33710e67abc3ed3169d7da6650f8.jpg

PXL_20220527_171831454.thumb.jpg.370ec317f9cd5c3578716a76879086e1.jpg

PXL_20220527_172531698.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

That escalated quickly... I'm checked in and through security. They hadn't even started handling out boarding group cards yet, and the people behind me in line all had boarding group 1. I asked someone how I could get one, and the guy walked away a disappeared. Anyhoo, I just went up the escalator without one. Hopefully they don't give me any guff when I go to board.

PXL_20220527_171827776.thumb.jpg.74ef33710e67abc3ed3169d7da6650f8.jpg

PXL_20220527_171831454.thumb.jpg.370ec317f9cd5c3578716a76879086e1.jpg

PXL_20220527_172531698.jpg

Just follow close to someone with a group 1 card and pretend you are with them. Lol

• Like 10

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

Just follow close to someone with a group 1 card and pretend you are with them. Lol

I'm just standing directly in front of the boarding area door... I plan on being first through.

• Like 6