Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

56 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This back area, where the triple net is, goes mostly unused. Maybe due to reduced capacity, or who knows. I can tell you that they're going to have to re cover these cushions before long. They're not holding up top well to the elements or the passengers walking on them.

PXL_20220530_131530639.thumb.jpg.d1a1db62959d072e9423969bc1b0e5e0.jpg

PXL_20220530_131542945.thumb.jpg.03c73d3fc0ed532ea4199d9f40a83f6e.jpg

PXL_20220530_131548625.jpg

That, in addition to the color red, does not hold up well in the sun. Red fades so quickly.

• Like 3

There were some people in "my" hot tub on deck 16 aft, so I headed up to Richard's Rooftop for a nice warm soak... They pretty much know me up there now, and have never once given me any trouble. In fact, they were bringing me glasses of water while I sat in the hot tub, and engaging in friendly conversation. Afterwards, I tried to get some sun, but the clouds just haven't broke yet today. I guess that I'm going to take a shower, then see what I can get into for lunch...

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

All showered off, and ready for action!... Sorry, I know that my costume of the day won't cut it on CC... What's for lunch?

Which costume is it?  😀😀

• Like 1

I do remember a sea day where it was all untz untz house music by the 'main' pool and the bass was aggravating my headache. We moved to the + pool, and it was a bit quieter (the mezcal negroni helped my headache too - hair of the dog). Not long after the soundtrack changed to classic rock/bob marley stuff like you're describing so I think they just change up the playlist every once in a while

• Like 2

On this Memorial Day, let's tip one back for the fallen heros, without which we wouldn't enjoy the freedoms that we have today... Their ultimate sacrifice made everything we do possible... My grandad, who was a decorated WWII veteran, tried to get me to join the military, but I was a rebellious teenager, and I didn't want any part of it. Sometimes, I think back, and wonder how my life would've turned out had I gained the structure and discipline that I sorely needed back then. Instead, I bounced around from dead end job to dead end job, only "living for today"...

One thing is for sure, I definitely wouldn't be on this ship right now, not because anything is wrong with it. I just would have probably been more successful, and had some kind of real purpose in my life. Not that my life is sooo terrible now, I just have a lot of things that I need to work on. Being out here in the wild blue yonder gives me time to reflect on where I've been, where I am, and where I might be going from here... Anyhoo, this one is for the real American heroes... 

PXL_20220530_164021698.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, sid_9169 said:

I was on foot for awhile, and then I just summoned an Uber. First thing I've had to eat since a bowl of cereal this morning. Duck tacos at Coyo Taco.

PXL_20220526_202010908.jpg

There's a place here in Midtown that has Duck Confit Tacos, absolutley delicious! Thise look yummy too.

• Like 1

I just did some calculations, and I'm going to easily blow through the Bar Tab, including the hundred dollar bonus. I'm going to have to cut back on those $15 & $17 margaritas, and maybe have a few beers to stretch it out. On my next leg, I'll be paying out of pocket for everything...

• Like 5