Carnival just cancelled our Cruise

October 17th out of Long Beach aboard the Carnival Radiance was just cancelled.  

IMPORTANT CANCELLATION NOTICE
 CARNIVAL RADIANCE – OCT. 17 THROUGH AND INCLUDING OCT. 28, 2022  

CARNIVAL MIRACLE – NOV. 3 AND NOV. 8, 2022

"Carnival Radiance will temporarily operate some of Carnival Miracle’s cruises from Long Beach in October.  Consequently, it will be necessary to cancel Carnival Radiance’s cruises referenced above.  Additionally, it will also be necessary to cancel Carnival Miracle’s November 3 and November 8, 2022, sailings. 

We’re sorry that your reservation has been cancelled and apologize for the disappointment caused. If you are flexible with your dates, we are confident you will find another Carnival cruise that is filled with an equal amount of FUN". 

Bummer. 

So that basically says they are taking Miracle out of service for almost a month.  Dry Dock?  Some "other" unplanned but not-super-urgent repair work?

Or has someone booked Miracle for a month-long private party?  (Just kidding, I think...)

42 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So that basically says they are taking Miracle out of service for almost a month.  Dry Dock?  Some "other" unplanned but not-super-urgent repair work?

Or has someone booked Miracle for a month-long private party?  (Just kidding, I think...)

I was aboard Miracle in April and we needed tugs to assist maneuvering in Long Beach and Ensenada. An engineer told me then that the bow thrusters were in need of repair which may involve wet docking the ship. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that - I would not be happy (especially if I already had airfare booked).  The airlines are not as accommodating as they were during covid in regards to changes/cancellations.

So far my cruises have not been cancelled, but we were notified yesterday that our flight home from the Panorama in September was cancelled and we were rebooked onto a 7:15 am flight (obviously that won't work, the ship is scheduled to dock at 9 am).😩

Unfortunately travel in this environment takes patience (I really believe these changes/cancellations are due to staff shortages).  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Sorry to hear that - I would not be happy (especially if I already had airfare booked).  The airlines are not as accommodating as they were during covid in regards to changes/cancellations.

So far my cruises have not been cancelled, but we were notified yesterday that our flight home from the Panorama in September was cancelled and we were rebooked onto a 7:15 am flight (obviously that won't work, the ship is scheduled to dock at 9 am).😩

Unfortunately travel in this environment takes patience (I really believe these changes/cancellations are due to staff shortages).  

If the cruises being cancelled were closer in i might agree but 5 months down the road.?

Sorry about this 😞 So I dont see it mentioning onboard credit to reschedule like they used to when cruises cancelled due to covid... is that in the rest of the letter?  I am just curious. 

18 minutes ago, Jeni99 said:

Sorry about this 😞 So I dont see it mentioning onboard credit to reschedule like they used to when cruises cancelled due to covid... is that in the rest of the letter?  I am just curious. 

$50 per stateroom OBC and the same rate on another cruise for the same cabin type. 

11 minutes ago, Jeni99 said:

We booked the October 28th Radiance sailing last week  (we got a great deal with the Memorial Day sale).  We were not offered onboard credit, nor were we offered the opportunity to change to the next week's cruise.

I wouldn't expect any compensation.  Last month, Princess (which is owned by Carnival Corporation) opted to delay entry of one of its ships into service, and cancelled several months worth of sailings.  This included our 17-day voyage to Hawaii -- and we had already purchased several airline tickets for family to join us.  They weren't cheap (travel is around 4th of July), and they're on Spirit, so we can't change them.  Meanwhile, Carnival Corp offered us a whopping $200 FCC per cabin as compensation...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

We booked the October 28th Radiance sailing last week  (we got a great deal with the Memorial Day sale).  We were not offered onboard credit, nor were we offered the opportunity to change to the next week's cruise.

I wouldn't expect any compensation.  Last month, Princess (which is owned by Carnival Corporation) opted to delay entry of one of its ships into service, and cancelled several months worth of sailings.  This included our 17-day voyage to Hawaii -- and we had already purchased several airline tickets for family to join us.  They weren't cheap (travel is around 4th of July), and they're on Spirit, so we can't change them.  Meanwhile, Carnival Corp offered us a whopping $200 FCC per cabin as compensation...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry and so awful! 😞 

The announcement is crazy.

So instead of canceling the Miracle folks, they are canceling the Radiance folks because they are moving the Miracle guests to Radiance?

So much ***** in that announcement I can't even begin to comprehend.

Well, I am sorry this happened. Hope you can rebook to something that works for you. 

I guess I am further confused because I thought Miracle moved to SF. The wording in that announcement makes me think Miracle is moving back to LB.

We had some great cruises booked on Radiance out of Galveston before they decided to move the ship to CA.

It will be interesting to see if Miracle can do the Hawaii cruise in September or if that one is/will be cancelled?

24 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

The announcement is crazy.

So instead of canceling the Miracle folks, they are canceling the Radiance folks because they are moving the Miracle guests to Radiance?

So much ***** in that announcement I can't even begin to comprehend.

Well, I am sorry this happened. Hope you can rebook to something that works for you. 

I guess I am further confused because I thought Miracle moved to SF. The wording in that announcement makes me think Miracle is moving back to LB.

To clear things up:

They canceled Radiance instead of Miracle to keep the 14 day Hawaii that Radiance will now go on.

Miracle is in San Francisco for the Summer and in Long Beach for the rest of the year. This is the same for next year.

Any other questions?

Edited by CarnivalShips480
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We had some great cruises booked on Radiance out of Galveston before they decided to move the ship to CA.

It will be interesting to see if Miracle can do the Hawaii cruise in September or if that one is/will be cancelled?

That one isn't moved to Radiance, stays with Miracle

Edited by CarnivalShips480

TBH, this doesn't make sense.  There were no scheduled itineraries for the Miracle from Oct 16 - Oct 30 (the time period for the Radiance's cancellations. plus Oct. 31), and the Miracle continues cancellations into mid-Nov.  I ponder if the Miracle was scheduled to perform a charter, and now the Radiance is taking it over (a quick Google search yields no charters for Carnival, but RC's Navigator of the Seas, which performs identical itineraries as the Radiance, is scheduled for charters in late October).  

Given that all of these dates were available for super low fares during the Memorial Day sale... I wonder if Carnival is choosing to dock the ships, or perform maintenance instead.

Radiance:

Oct 21

Oct 24

Oct 28

Oct 31

Miracle:

Oct 30

Nov 3 

Nov 8 

Nov 13

Beats me why they did it. I'm just glad they decided to do it so far out. If this had been cancelled in the last month before the cruise, I wouldn't have been so "whatever" about it.   We'll survive and the airline will at least give us the refund in flight credit (should have known better than to book non-refundable with travel being the way it's been lately). But really, this can all be filed under the category of "First World Problems" and I'm happy that I'm in the position to say that. There will be more cruises. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

Beats me why they did it. I'm just glad they decided to do it so far out. If this had been cancelled in the last month before the cruise, I wouldn't have been so "whatever" about it.   We'll survive and the airline will at least give us the refund in flight credit (should have known better than to book non-refundable with travel being the way it's been lately). But really, this can all be filed under the category of "First World Problems" and I'm happy that I'm in the position to say that. There will be more cruises. 

I'm more curious than anything.  Although it's the second cruise Carnival Corp. has cancelled on us in a month, we just booked this cruise over the weekend so I'm not that upset.  We're scheduled on the Miracle's Thanksgiving room, anyway, so this was an impulse purchase motivated by price (less than $500 for a balcony, including taxes/fees).  

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

but doesn't seem to be listed for sale anywhere.

It’s scheduled following the Thanksgiving cruise.

EDIT: Carnival did have a 14-day cruise to Hawaii scheduled Oct. 16 on the Miracle, but it looks like that itinerary was pulled awhile ago.  Perhaps it was pulled from sale, but not cancelled, and will be put up for sale again under the Radiance.  If that's the case, it appears the Miracle is being removed from service for about a month, and the Radiance will be used to cover the Hawaii trip only.

Edited by Itried4498

5 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

It’s scheduled following the Thanksgiving cruise.

EDIT: Carnival did have a 14-day cruise to Hawaii scheduled Oct. 16 on the Miracle, but it looks like that itinerary was pulled awhile ago.  Perhaps they plan to reinstate it with the Radiance, but as of yet it's not available for sale.

Until they accommodate the Miracle cruisers to Radiance, I assume they will pull those sailings

This is the one I'm curious about -

15 Sep 15 San Francisco, CA San Francisco, CA Carnival / Carnival Miracle 4.5 $3,509 $2,789 21% Sold Out

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Until they accommodate the Miracle cruisers to Radiance, I assume they will pull those sailings

This is the one I'm curious about -

15 Sep 15 San Francisco, CA San Francisco, CA Carnival / Carnival Miracle 4.5 $3,509 $2,789 21% Sold Out

Can't imagine that a September cruise to Hawaii is sold out already... wonder if bookings are poor.  The September Alaska sailings were priced at $4 and $11 with the Memorial Day sale (wouldn't let me book at that rate - probably sold out of promo fares).

There was an article on cruisehive about this, with John Heald explaining it's for updates to the Miracle, such as the new livery. He points out the good points, such as Radiance being a newer, larger ship for the Hawaii and 5-night trips. If you're not happy with it, the NCL Bliss is doing some 5-night Cabo cruises in October and November, and Princess will have the Sapphire and Diamond and Discovery doing Mexico cruises, along with the Royal out of SF. The Navigator of the Seas will also be doing the 3-4 night Catalina/Ensenada cruises. I'll be on the Spirit in two days, which I'm looking forward to as the same 70s Vegas weird Farcus decor as the Miracle, but hopefully without the huge purple grapes in the dining room that made me a little sick (sort of like the pink/purple tentacles on the Inspiration/Imagination, RIP).

This intrigues me. I am on the Miracle for September 5th for a long cruise. I heard it was having some issues, makes me wonder if the above dates will end up being expanded again.