Carnival Corp In Talks To Sell Seabourn

On 11/16/2022 at 2:35 PM, travelordie said:

We just completed a cruise on Seabourn and it was the best cruise we've ever taken.  What made your Seabourn cruise disappointing?

The previous posters are correct.  I tend to have a negative overall view of Seabourn today.

The last SB cruise was in June.  My memory is too poor to list the disappointments.   One that will be remembered is not thinking kindly of their decision to replace crew with recruitments from countries where the new people have not a clue to what SB is about.

You, travelordie, are the new customer SB needs to fill its ships.   Coming from the lines which you sailed previous to your Venture cruise, I'm quite sure my opinion would be closer to yours.  However, I'm not new to SB and what has been witnessed has ended my membership in Praise Seabourn Club. It was a good run and I'll be cashing in one more 14 night milestone award over the holiday season.

One thing that has not been screwed with yet is their loyalty program.   By far, the best I know of in this business.

Edited by saminina
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saminina said:

The previous posters are correct.  I tend to have a negative overall view of Seabourn today.

The last SB cruise was in June.  My memory is too poor to list the disappointments.   One that will be remembered is not thinking kindly of their decision to replace crew with recruitments from countries where the new people have not a clue to what SB is about.

You, travelordie, are the new customer SB needs to fill its ships.   Coming from the lines which you sailed previous to your Venture cruise, I'm quite sure my opinion would be closer to yours.  However, I'm not new to SB and what has been witnessed has ended my membership in Praise Seabourn Club. It was a good run and I'll be cashing in one more 14 night milestone award over the holiday season.

One thing that has not been screwed with yet is their loyalty program.   By far, the best I know of in this business.

It is unfortunate that you don’t remember enough to list your disappointments.  I do still remember that my Seabourn Venture cruise was outstanding.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2022 at 5:12 PM, saminina said:

My memory is too poor to list the disappointments.   One that will be remembered is not thinking kindly of their decision to replace crew with recruitments from countries where the new people have not a clue to what SB is about.

What nonsense. Yes, there has been a shift in the nationalities. Far fewer Indonesian, Thai, and even Indian crew. And I miss them. But also fewer surly East Europeans.

Instead, a lot of South Africans, Zimbabweans, and Peruvians. Of ALL "varieties". And for me, on the recent TA with Sojourn, they were all kind, joyful, efficient, and well trained to perform their tasks. SB  hasn't missed a beat when it comes to getting their staff up to speed.

I wish I could say the same for the passengers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, twochromic said:

What nonsense. Yes, there has been a shift in the nationalities. Far fewer Indonesian, Thai, and even Indian crew. And I miss them. But also fewer surly East Europeans.

Instead, a lot of South Africans, Zimbabweans, and Peruvians. Of ALL "varieties". And for me, on the recent TA with Sojourn, they were all kind, joyful, efficient, and well trained to perform their tasks. SB  hasn't missed a beat when it comes to getting their staff up to speed.

I wish I could say the same for the passengers.

Indeed,the problems on a ship are quit often the passengers.

Seabourn has been incredibly active in recruitment and training to get back to normal after the pandemic.

• Like 2

The crew on Odyssey are superb ...sadly the cruise is somewhat ill fated from the start with totally changed itinerary,  not being able to get into Stewart Island was sad,  now New Plymouth is off as port closed due bad weather and apparently no other available ports who knows what remaining days bring 

1 hour ago, phillipahain said:

The crew on Odyssey are superb ...sadly the cruise is somewhat ill fated from the start with totally changed itinerary,  not being able to get into Stewart Island was sad,  now New Plymouth is off as port closed due bad weather and apparently no other available ports who knows what remaining days bring 

Unfortunately the weather over on the East coast of Australia and I would assume New Zealand has been terrible this year, totally unlike previous years. At the end of October we visited Lord Howe Island which is 1.5 hours flight from Sydney. The weather was so bad with wind, rain and cloud cover they suspended flights in and out for 4 days while we were there. 

I know that is no consolation to you but hopefully the weather will improve soon.

11 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Trivia?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Question is when did they actually close New Plymouth Port because we were only informed at 8am today ...extremely poor communication has been a feature from the start 

Have a word with the Captain,I'm sure he'll put you straight.

• Haha 1

If it is a weather related port closing early notification to passengers is not possible.   We have had ports skipped with no advance notice.   We have also been on a ship outside of a port for seven hours (along with many other ships) hoping the port of Alexandria would open.   Unfortunately it didn’t and we lost our main reason for taking this particular cruise.   Bad weather happens and it is as bad for the cruise line as it is for the passengers.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If it is a weather related port closing early notification to passengers is not possible.   We have had ports skipped with no advance notice.   We have also been on a ship outside of a port for seven hours (along with many other ships) hoping the port of Alexandria would open.   Unfortunately it didn’t and we lost our main reason for taking this particular cruise.   Bad weather happens and it is as bad for the cruise line as it is for the passengers.

Simple rule - if you absolutely want to be somewhere, don't rely on a cruise ship to get you there.

• Like 3