Bacon shortage? 🤣🤣

Indianamale

6 minutes ago, Indianamale said:

I figured that was probably the case. I don't understand why they just don't say that. It's not that it's a dealbreaker for me I just don't like the way Carnival has handled it.  Thanks for letting me know. 

How have they "handled it" that's got you upset?  I must be missing something here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

How have they "handled it" that's got you upset?  I must be missing something here.

I just mean by blaming it on supply issues while every other cruise line has it. I would think that they use the same suppliers. I also said it's not a big deal, I was just wondering. I know other people who have been on different cruise lines and I asked them and they said never a issue. 

• Like 1

It is a shame. I'm not a big bacon eater to be honest, but I do like it from time to time. And I always seem to guess wrong when I go to Lido for breakfast if it's a "Bacon on vacation" day or not.

• Like 1

On my early May cruise, bacon was only available every other day and was on the back of the buffet where it had to be served by an employee. Ham was out for self service the first few days, but also moved to only be served by an employee half way through the cruise. All other items were self-serve, so it seemed obvious they were trying to limit the amount served. They also had bacon below the counter at the omelette station so you had to ask for it specifically, but it was available ever day, if you knew to ask. All other ingredient options were on display.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

On my early May cruise, bacon was only available every other day and was on the back of the buffet where it had to be served by an employee. Ham was out for self service the first few days, but also moved to only be served by an employee half way through the cruise. All other items were self-serve, so it seemed obvious they were trying to limit the amount served. They also had bacon below the counter at the omelette station so you had to ask for it specifically, but it was available ever day, if you knew to ask. All other ingredient options were on display.

Thanks for the info. I like Carnival and all of my cruises have been on Carnival and I'm sure that I'll continue to take Carnival cruises but I just wonder why this seems to be a Carnival only problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indianamale said:

I was just wondering if they are back to serving bacon every morning on the buffet or is it still every other day? 

I'm bringing some shelf stable bacon will parade it on my plate every day like someone who won a big prize at the Fair!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Same thing at Guy's too - bacon hidden below the counter. If you ask for a pig patty, it's like you know the password to get into the he-man woman hater's club or something lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Indianamale said:

but I just wonder why this seems to be a Carnival only problem. 

If I had to guess, it’s about cost at this point more than supply issues. My local grocery store had issues with keeping bacon in stock six months or more ago, but that has not been a problem in a while. Of course the price went up 50% or more now. Carnival probably saw how much money they saved by only serving bacon every other day when there was a shortage in decided to just keep the policy in place.

• Like 2

This place is classic.  Post a topic on the most popular breakfast meat in existence and get dismissive comments about "I don't eat meat" and "I don't eat breakfast".😅

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, ray98 said:

This place is classic.  Post a topic on the most popular breakfast meat in existence and get dismissive comments about "I don't eat meat" and "I don't eat breakfast".😅

Everyone thinks they're special.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Just off the Splendor and Spirit in Alaska. Walmart on water.  And I have had better breakfasts at Days Inn.  

Unfortunately it seems like it's going downhill fast. All of the Carnival cheerleaders will defend them to the end instead of stating the obvious. Thanks for your honest opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ilovesailaway said:

I usually grab a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana. I believe I read on here that bacon can be had in the MDR for breakfast every day though.

That's a guess on my part as like I said I'm usually on the lido with a burrito (cool rhyme lol)

I love the breakfast burritos too. Thanks for letting me know about the dining room. I can only imagine how long that would take to eat there now since they are having staffing issues which I understand but maybe they should lower the passenger capacity .