Which day of the cruise do the under 5's get tested again?

I think it depends on the cruise and itinerary.  There is a range of time for them to do it and I think they pick a sea day near 2 days of the end.  So probably day 5 (if a sea day) on a 7 night cruise. 

7 minutes ago, topnole said:

I think it depends on the cruise and itinerary.  There is a range of time for them to do it and I think they pick a sea day near 2 days of the end.  So probably day 5 (if a sea day) on a 7 night cruise. 

I believe you are correct.  We have not personally experienced this but from our prior restart cruises my understand is they test 5 days after boarding.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Unvaccinated children were tested the morning of the last full day on my sailings out of the US.   You register for an appt between 8 and 10 am and they email you the test results. They will call you if anyone tests positive.  

This was for 7 night cruises.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies! We are on the Harmony 7 night in June that has Coco Cay on the last day. Since it's obvious there seem to be more COVID positives as of late, it is definitely a riskier proposition sailing with a child who HAS to be tested regardless of symptoms or not.

2 hours ago, FusionMJM said:

Thanks for the replies! We are on the Harmony 7 night in June that has Coco Cay on the last day. Since it's obvious there seem to be more COVID positives as of late, it is definitely a riskier proposition sailing with a child who HAS to be tested regardless of symptoms or not.

If coco cay is your last day, they will probably test the day before that.  We had the same thing on allure 2

weeks ago and they tested the day before on the sea day.  If they test positive they will likely quarantine you.  One strategy is to self test the prior day/evening prior and if positive start packing up and prepare for the quarantine.  When done, notify medical and have them test.  Otherwise, if you tested positive in their test  they will likely give you a short window of time to pack and move.   I did this because we had a 2 bedroom suite for 5 and it would’ve taken me hours to pack everything up.  We had all negative test however so no issues.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unvaccinated children were tested the morning of the last full day on my sailings out of the US.   You register for an appt between 8 and 10 am and they email you the test results. They will call you if anyone tests positive.  

This was our experience as well three weeks ago on our 7 night Harmony cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, was included with the B2B's getting Tested on my 4 Sailings. With only 40-65 total testing on Jewel was scheduled from 800-930 and didnt really need appt times on 3 of 4 my Cruises. Was there at 755 and they was already 2 getting tested, was back in my Cabin at 805 5 Decks up and at other end of Ship. Had my results link sent to my Cell  20-40minutes after each Test

Edited by ONECRUISER

On a Sunday to Sunday cruise, my granddaughter was tested on Friday.  My DIL got an e-mail within 20 minutes with the test results.  She made appointment with GS, this was on Easter Anthem sail.

Edited by nelblu