Waiting...and waiting...guarantee room woes

grace3398

Okay, I've read old posts and I know what I signed up for by getting a guarantee cabin but man, we sail Saturday and my room number is still "TBA." My anxiety cannot handle this LOL.

Tell me I'm not alone in this being stressful? I am very aware we might not get an assignment until embarkation but I was really hoping it would be at least a LITTLE earlier so my luggage tags would be accurate. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grace3398 said:

Okay, I've read old posts and I know what I signed up for by getting a guarantee cabin but man, we sail Saturday and my room number is still "TBA." My anxiety cannot handle this LOL.

Tell me I'm not alone in this being stressful? I am very aware we might not get an assignment until embarkation but I was really hoping it would be at least a LITTLE earlier so my luggage tags would be accurate. 

I would think by Thursday so you can know the room for luggage.  I mean if you have to test for covid on Thursday the least CCL could do is have a room identified for you.

I feel your pain and let us know how is ends up.  What ship are you going on?

54 minutes ago, grace3398 said:

OH and WELCOME TO cc.

you will come to enjoy all the comments on all the threads

No point in worrying about it....you are going to have a cabin.  Treat it like a hotel, no one ever worries about what their room number will be.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I would think by Thursday so you can know the room for luggage.  I mean if you have to test for covid on Thursday the least CCL could do is have a room identified for you.

I feel your pain and let us know how is ends up.  What ship are you going on?

Fingers crossed! This will be the Panorama. 

I've booked a GTY a few times and the earliest I ever got an assigned cabin was about an hour after I booked.

I think the latest was about a week before.

No worries.  You will have a place to rest your weary head somewhere on board.   LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grace3398 said:

Fingers crossed! This will be the Panorama. 

I understand!  In nearly 20 Carnival cruises, we have never done a guarantee cabin before, but it was a significant price difference this time (also on Panorama, but not until fall) so we decided to try it.  Please let us know when you end up finding out.

• Like 1

The worst-case scenario, which happened to me, was that you won't know your cabin number till you arrive at the ship. IT was the one and only time this happened, pre-covid. I literally went to guest services to confirm my cabin number.

To make matters more interesting, my luggage hadn't arrived, and I had to go back to guest services, where they had my luggage behind guest services. They were polite about it and got it to my cabin promptly.

And, guess what, it was a fantastic cruise with a bump in the road. I was nervous throughout the ordeal, and have booked many  guaranteed cabin since.

• Thanks 1

If you do not have a room assignment and luggage tags before arrival at the pier, ask one of the porters taking the bag at curbside.  

They will be able to check a passenger manifest, find the cabin number and fill out the luggage tag with the cabin  number before taking your luggage.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lyannea said:

The worst-case scenario, which happened to me, was that you won't know your cabin number till you arrive at the ship. IT was the one and only time this happened, pre-covid. I literally went to guest services to confirm my cabin number.

Not going to happen.

One must always check in the terminal and one is given their cabin number at that time.

18 hours ago, ray98 said:

No point in worrying about it....you are going to have a cabin.  Treat it like a hotel, no one ever worries about what their room number will be.

Yeah, you should check out Las Vegas or Disney forums.  There is non stop scheming about how to get a room more that what you paid for  and complaining about how their request for their special birthdanniveribabymoongradulation celebration wasn't granted.  

• Like 1