Love & Marriage game

I am VERY sorry bit I asked this question before but had a death in the family & didnt get on the computor to see the answer & it would have taken too long to find the question on the site.

So here it is again, we are going on the Harmony on July 3 for a 2 week cruise, my questions are:

1. Are there any places on the ship that are quite?

2. I love to have a cigar around 11am, where can I go?

3.We are both in our 80S so we cant move around to damn fast, where is a nice place to sit & have a drink around 11pm.

4 Anything else or hints you can give a couple our age THANK YOU.

5 We would like to try & get on the LOVE & MARRIAGE GAME, we will celebrating our 64th annv. on this cruise.

6. We have 2 week cruise booked on the HARMONY & if we are not picked for the LOVE& MARRIAGE GAME would we be cheating if we tried out for the game on our 2nd week???? She said yes I said how many of us have been married this long, Who is right???

george35

I am VERY sorry bit I asked this question before but had a death in the family & didnt get on the computor to see the answer & it would have taken too long to find the question on the site.

So here it is again, we are going on the Harmony on July 3 for a 2 week cruise, my questions are:

3.We are both in our 80S so we cant move around to damn fast, where is a nice place to sit & have a drink around 11pm.

5 We would like to try & get on the LOVE & MARRIAGE GAME, we will celebrating our 65th annv. on this cruise.

6. We have 2 week cruise booked on the HARMONY & if we are not picked for the LOVE& MARRIAGE GAME would we be cheating if we tried out for the game on our 2nd week???? She said yes I said how many of us have been married this long, Who is right???

george35

Condolences to your family

1.Plenty of quiet places.  You can go anywhere at "off hours" and  find a nice place.  Central park, any lounge when the performer isn't there, etc. 

2. Deck 15 port side  to enjoy a cigar.  

3. Bars  are  open late.

4 Try to catch the entertainment . You will find many passengers near, or over,  your age. 

5. cruise director will hold L&M show try outs.  You will find others with your (wonderful) long marriage.  The fact that it is your  anniversary may help.

6 Generally the same questions are used every week.  I'll let  you  decide how to handle that.  Plus the show is run on the tv for a few days.  

Congrats on your long marriage and best wishes for a terrific cruise.

side note - we will be on Harmony July 10.  Perhaps I'll see you on  the  Love and Marriage show.  

20 minutes ago, george35 said:

5 We would like to try & get on the LOVE & MARRIAGE GAME, we will celebrating our 64th annv. on this cruise.

george35

1) Deck 16 above the Solarium is always quiet during the day. We usually gravitate there when we get tired of all the noise on the pool deck.

2) Smoking area port side on deck 15 - have seen quite a few cigar smokers out there.

3) Try the Trellis bar in Central Park - lots of comfortable couches, and the bar serves the specialty restaurants

4) we re only in our 70's and neither of us moves all that well either, but in the evenings the Solarium is virtually deserted and vey quiet (and they turn down the lights so cuddling is enhanced.)

5 and 6) every week is a new crowd, so I'd go for it. If you don't get picked the first week, I'd buttonhole the Cruise Director and let him know you will be on for a second week and would love for him to pick you.

28 minutes ago, george35 said:

george35

Happy anniversary!!  That is amazing.  Usually for the Love and Marriage Game show they pick three couples.  The couple that has been married the longest.  You guys are the longest based on the last few cruises ( early 50’s was the longest).  If you want to get on stage and be picked sit down closer to the stage and raise your hand when the auditions starts (15-20 minutes before the show) at the theater ( usually where that is held) when they ask for the longest married couple!  Beware on the Symphony the couple was on a scooter and can’t get on stage so they could not participate, Dennis being the wonderful person that he is came out from back stage and treated the couple to dinner at the Steakhouse.  I hope you get on and again happy anniversary!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, george35 said:

She said yes I said how many of us have been married this long, Who is right?

Not sure why anyone would think volunteering, even every week if possible, would be in any way cheating.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure why anyone would think volunteering, even every week if possible, would be in any way cheating.

I've seen this game 3 times on 3 different cruise lines, and most of the questions have been exactly the same!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I've seen this game 3 times on 3 different cruise lines, and most of the questions have been exactly the same!

Bra size, weirdest place, husband coming out of shower,  inlaw stuck with on island, which holiday in cabin last night...there's about 10 questions that get repeated.

I've seen couples whisper answers when the CD has his back turned.

4 hours ago, george35 said:

I love to have a cigar around 11am, where can I go?

The smoking area on Harmomny is terrible.  The seats are super uncomfortable.  In addition, if the ship is moving, the cigar will burn hot, so the smoke will suffer.  I suggest you consider having a cigar ashore instead.

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Bra size, weirdest place, husband coming out of shower,  inlaw stuck with on island, which holiday in cabin last night...there's about 10 questions that get repeated.

I've seen couples whisper answers when the CD has his back turned.

I think last week on Harmony was the first time that I've attended Love and Marriage and there wasn't a bra size, or in-law question. LOL