Celebrity Apex Amsterdam - Rome HELP needed!

Wendylet

I have always found these boards to be a wealth of information so I am now coming back for more assistance! Our final payment is coming up for our Sept cruise and my head is swimming trying to figure out whether we want to do the cruise or not, based on some horror stories I have been reading on these boards. We intend to fly into Amsterdam about 4 days before the cruise and leave Rome on the day we debark in Rome. We are from Canada. Currently there is no testing requirement for us to return to Canada. I am confused about what other testing we are required to do. My husband and I are both fully vaxed and boosted but all three shots fall outside of the 270 days I see referenced. Are we considered **Up to Date**? What testing would need to be done upon entry to Amsterdam, cruise ship and when we debark in Rome? Also, just FYI we both have just recently had Covid ourselves but where we live in Canada it is no longer possible to get a PCR test done unless you are in a high risk category so we are unable to provide the proof of this to do the 180 day waiver(which I thought might also be helpful). All help is most appreciated!

If you have had a booster, you're considered up to date. The 270 days is only for those who haven't been boosted. You dont need a test to enter the Netherlands  if you are vaxxed and boosted. You will need an antigen test before boarding the ship. You don't need one in Rome to return home. Since your trip falls well outside the 90 days since you had COVID, you are highly unlikely to test positive on an antigen test based only on that exposure. 

If you have been boosted you are in full compliance.    The regulation is either within 270 days of last of your original series of shots OR BOOSTED.    There currently no time frames attached to those that have been boosted.

The 180 day PCR is only for those that tested POSITIVE with Covid using the PCR test and the 180 days are from date of original  Positive diagnosis with PCR.     Like you when we tested positive  we were tested with LFR (Antigen) on the ship and don't have a PCR to be used.   We did use the Covid Recovery Certificate to return to the U.S. (that is only valid for 90 days).

This is as I believed it. However today having uploaded proof of my three shots (maximum under UK regulations) I have received an email telling me I'm not considered up to date and instructing me to book a pierside test.

I'm currently 47 minutes on hold to Celebrity to discuss this ...

53 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

This is as I believed it. However today having uploaded proof of my three shots (maximum under UK regulations) I have received an email telling me I'm not considered up to date and instructing me to book a pierside test.

Please come back with your response….

Megabear 2 .  Like you I am a UK resident. Last week I uploaded we uploaded our three shots by use of the camera facility on the App.  Photographing it from the NHS printout . It took over a week to be validated and I thought that perhaps the image might be faulty, but have become nearly brain dead in dealing with  this App ! so left it.

In fact we have been boosted twice because of our age, but there was no facility to load this on the App!!

I am not sure if this applies to your situation, but for our Equinox cruise earlier this year, I received at least four emails asking me to put in my vaccination records -- all AFTER I entered the info and received a confirmation that it had been received!  I chalked it up to Celebrity's IT department snafu.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mom says said:

If you have had a booster, you're considered up to date. The 270 days is only for those who haven't been boosted. You dont need a test to enter the Netherlands  if you are vaxxed and boosted. You will need an antigen test before boarding the ship. You don't need one in Rome to return home. Since your trip falls well outside the 90 days since you had COVID, you are highly unlikely to test positive on an antigen test based only on that exposure. 

Thank you for the information. I was a bit confused also about docking in Rome. So you do not need to test leaving the ship to fly back home? What is this Certificate that people reference using to fly after the cruise? This is so confusing!

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes if you could kindly confirm one way or the other it would be most appreciated!