First time in Yacht Club question

Elsammo46

22 minutes ago, phissy said:

Our kids also got to the stage where they did not want to be seen with us, when we traveled together.

Now, they are married and talk about how much fun they had on our cruises and vacations.🙄

Duplex looks great. We can no longer do stairs so, have not tried it.

You will enjoy your hot tub on your deck and aft views.
This is the only cabin , in YC, that has 2 bathrooms.

Your daughter will enjoy the pizza and pastas. Can be made to order. 
She can order milkshakes from bar up on pool deck. Late breakfast and lunch buffet offered on pool deck are very nice. Afternoons, they brought around small cups of gelato for YC guests to sample. 
Also, free access to thermal spa. Meraviglia has an amazing spa area . Free to use for all of you throughout cruise. Massages are extra. 

We have stayed in Royal Suite. Nice space and deck but, as mentioned, only  1 bathroom . Our next MSC cruise will be on Divina , in an Executive Suite. Interesting if we will miss having access to a balcony. We are on corner facing Ocean Cay, so views will be nice.
Again, largest cabin on the ship but , 1 bathroom. Last cruise on MSC was Meraviglia, in Caribbean. We found we spent all our time up on pool deck , in our cabana.

You will enjoy your cruise. Staff very nice and helpful.

We recently sailed in the Ultimate Panoramic suite on RC Oasis - it has no balcony but 270 degrees of wall to floor glass. I was worried I'd miss the balcony but it was instead one of the most breath taking cabins I've stayed in to date.  It also had a second bathroom! 10/10 would sail again. But it's only on the Oasis and the ship will no longer be in Florida by her birthday. We're just trying for a quick getaway.

I'm pretty thrilled about the 2nd bathroom. We have an upcoming cruise on the Scarlet Lady that includes a 2nd bathroom as well. People underestimate how nice that can be. And yeah, we bounce around cruise lines. I like to try all the different things!

I will say, the teens did NOT turn down New Year's in Iceland so they're not completely ditching us yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Av8tor said:

What other MSC ships are in the Meraviglia class?

So far, those we are familiar with, the Meraviglia, Seaside, Seashore, and Seascape (is supposed to be the same). Not familiar with others like Grandiosa, Bellissima, Seaview. We are trying Explora 1, which we understand is entirely a 'castle' with 700 prima donnas instead of just 200-300 of us. This Explora 1 will be a great comparison and we do not think we will be able 'keep up' with 698 "Thurston Howells III".

6 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

So far, those we are familiar with, the Meraviglia, Seaside, Seashore, and Seascape (is supposed to be the same). Not familiar with others like Grandiosa, Bellissima, Seaview. We are trying Explora 1, which we understand is entirely a 'castle' with 700 prima donnas instead of just 200-300 of us. This Explora 1 will be a great comparison and we do not think we will be able 'keep up' with 698 "Thurston Howells III".

Hate to offer a correction, so please treat it as a qualifying statement.  Ships in the Meraviglia class include Meraviglia, then Bellissima, Grandiosa, and MSC Virtuosa.  Seaside is a different class ship, and includes her, Seaview, and then the larger Seashore and Seascape.  Just wanted to clarify the question on Meraviglia-class ships.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gingersvp said:

From what I gather the chocolate shop and gelato are extra - are there any other extra charges beyond specialty dining,

I really love the MILK chocolate on the ship. The pasta is cooked perfectly. DW gets it plain and adds it to her salad (dressing on the side). The best (imho) gelato is called Gianduotto. We got a cup full without wooden spoon. (DW brings plastic spoons for just this purpose), gave the attendant DW's key card to charge to room and were never charged. Perhaps the the first cup is 'on the house' for YC guests. Will test it out next time should we order more than just one cup to see when MSC begins charging. Venchi chocolates are all the same price, $77 / 1000gms/ 2.2 lbs. Venchi on line is generally $100 / 1 kilo (1000gms). Found prices really good on board Seashore 2 weeks ago. Ship was cold when in port when most get off ship. Bought 2 jackets MSC logo store on board $20 each. First day sale for Voyager Club members $10 off every $50 spent in shops. Wait until ship is at sea to save 7% Florida sales tax.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Hate to offer a correction, so please treat it as a qualifying statement.  Ships in the Meraviglia class include Meraviglia, then Bellissima, Grandiosa, and MSC Virtuosa.  Seaside is a different class ship, and includes her, Seaview, and then the larger Seashore and Seascape.  Just wanted to clarify the question on Meraviglia-class ships.

Very good to know. Now we can sort of scratch the Mera type off out desire list, like Divina. I love the balconies with glass, instead of bulk head. The Royal red Sophia Loren suite was too small, no storage space for my 'Diva's' 12 suitcases. I am sure that Ms. Loren found this out as well. Could not get wifi when lounging on the bulkheaded balcony and no view when in a reclining position.  Similar balcony attributes of the Meraviglia.

You are a wealth of information and one of this boards greatest contributors. Thank you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gingersvp said:

Can you illustrated what was better in Haven and what was better in Yacht Club? I'm eyeballing a Duplex suite on Meraviglia for my daughter's 7th birthday.

Duplex suites although classed as YC are not within YC enclave.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:26 PM, defbref said:

The Bellisima and then Grandiosa, Virtuosa and the new Euriba (launch next year) are Meraviglia plus, same layout just slightly bigger.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, JAGR said:

Thanks for filling me in and the clarification!  It's appreciated.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, gingersvp said:

"My daughter is incredibly picky..."

Don't forget: The YC dining room is happy to prepare meal requests with a day's notice. If the ingredients are on the ship, they'll make it. My wife and I had delicious off-menu paella on our recent Meraviglia cruise.

Sometimes the requests suffer due to differences in culinary culture between Europe and America. I read an account from a cruiser who requested a sausage pizza for the kids. The pizza had cut-up breakfast sausage added.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 5:18 PM, gingersvp said:

.....I'm eyeballing a Duplex suite on Meraviglia for my daughter's 7th birthday.

The best advice I can offer is book it, before it disappears from view! Do note the Duplex is outwith the YC enclave, but still has the benefit of all YC facilities....and is the only YC cabin type with two bathrooms, incredibly even the Royal Suite only has one!!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I sail Haven on NCL and YC with MSC.

While I love YC and think it is superior over Haven, I love the nightlife on NCL and the

outside bar areas on the side of the ship.

I usually sail MSC only with my mom so the nightlife isn't a big deal however next summer, my dh

is willing to give YC a try so I'm hoping the nightlife will be fun.

17 hours ago, js said:

I sail Haven on NCL and YC with MSC.

While I love YC and think it is superior over Haven, I love the nightlife on NCL and the

outside bar areas on the side of the ship.

I usually sail MSC only with my mom so the nightlife isn't a big deal however next summer, my dh

is willing to give YC a try so I'm hoping the nightlife will be fun.

Is there a question there?  Haven night time and bar usually more active than YC with YC usually sedate.  But YC fine by us.

MSC tended to actually be more night life outside YC than NCL later in night.  Now days, can't say.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

Is there a question there?  Haven night time and bar usually more active than YC with YC usually sedate.  But YC fine by us.

MSC tended to actually be more night life outside YC than NCL later in night.  Now days, can't say.

Thank you. I was answering the OP about differences in the lines. That is my only concern about sailig with my dh on MSC…the nightlife. 

We both have to really think about the nightlife on MSC vs NCL. 

On Seashore and there is a bit of very good nightlife till at least 1am. We are only at about 3000 passenger capacity this week. YC has pretty much been just a few of us by midnight.  Fine with me as there is a quiet spot to relax and have a nice night cap with friends. If you want to club, there are venues through out the ship for that.

• Like 1