Extra person in cabin for part of my cruise

daisybel

We have a 28 day cruise booked and would like our 21 yr old granddaughter to join us for the last 10 days in our QG  cabin which will accomodate 3  Does anyone have experience or thoughts on this.

3 hours ago, daisybel said:

We have a 28 day cruise booked and would like our 21 yr old granddaughter to join us for the last 10 days in our QG  cabin which will accomodate 3  Does anyone have experience or thoughts on this.

This is the sort of thing you need to discuss with Cunard.  Are they set up to accept new passengers at that particular port of call?  Are they willing to book an additional person for part of an itinerary?

• Like 2

I’m not sure how testing arrangements will affect this type of embarkation. 

We have certainly done this in the past with another Carnival company (P&O) both joining in Europe & US. The company points out that there is no credit given for days missed. When our daughter joined us in NY we had to get an officer from the ship to come & pick her up from port officials on the dock side. On another occasion I joined the family in Norway. This was not encouraged by the company as it was a tender port and they suggested I join a few days later at a tie-up port. I was however allowed to join at the tender port at my own risk (e.g. if the ship couldn’t tender owing to poor weather/sea conditions.)

We have also had a member having to leave the ship at the penultimate port. 

Edited by Ranchi
correction

There are many variables to answer this question, its not just as simple as boarding the ship at the port, you also need to take into account the location. What country is the ship in , what nationality is the passenger, where is the ship going etc.

Cunard may allow an extra passenger for advertised segments of a longer cruise, however once you need to involve immigration or customs then Cunard's hands may be tied, simply due to immigration staff not being available at the port.

• Like 1

If your voyage ends with a ten day segment, the answer is obviously yes.  If not, as other posters have noted, 1) it's complicated and 2) if you can work it out, you'll still be paying for the full 28 days for your granddaughter.

Thank you All comments  are a great help It is an Australian cruise so no other countries involved . It would also be the last 10 days of the cruise . I will contact Cunard and hopefully if possible, the rate will be based on what we paid over 2 years ago, as increased a lot since then. It is also a advertised sector

On 5/26/2022 at 6:16 PM, daisybel said:

QG = money talks and providing the port is one where a segment begins or ends or you have as many QG passengers used to have - juice, you should have no issues.