How to Complete Pre-boarding Documentation online without using the Medallion App

Smokeyham

On 5/28/2022 at 10:33 AM, Smokeyham said:

I had the problem that both app and online would not allow me to acknowledge acceptance of the cruise contract.  I left it for 24 hours and came back and then it worked.  

Other companies have apps and websites that seem to work fairly consistently and seamlessly.  Not sure why this system seems to have so many problems.     

Yes, this!  Their app is SO bad!  I wonder if they finally allowed us to do it through a computer because of all the complaints🤦🏻‍♀️

On 5/29/2022 at 10:20 AM, loerie said:

And we do not own a phone-so we shall do it on the computer for our December 15 day Panama cruise.Us oldies are still in the dark ages and quite happy to be so!

That's what I said to the rep on chat!  What if I don't have a phone?!

We finally decided to get our 3 couples together for dinner last night, and everyone was on their phone, ipad, or laptop trying to finish out everything.  We'd clap every time someone got green lane.

When you upload your photo, if it doesn't work, try this:  Take a photo of your face, then click Take Photo, and choose a photo from file, and add.  If you try to use it to take a photo, it might not upload.  Why not?!!!  They might need to hire a 10 year old...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, boltnut55 said:

Yes, this!  Their app is SO bad!  I wonder if they finally allowed us to do it through a computer because of all the complaints

Yes. And the features it has all work.

(It does not have all features such as Dining My Way reservations.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boltnut55 said:

Yes, this!  Their app is SO bad!  I wonder if they finally allowed us to do it through a computer because of all the complaints🤦🏻‍♀️

That's what I said to the rep on chat!  What if I don't have a phone?!

We finally decided to get our 3 couples together for dinner last night, and everyone was on their phone, ipad, or laptop trying to finish out everything.  We'd clap every time someone got green lane.

When you upload your photo, if it doesn't work, try this:  Take a photo of your face, then click Take Photo, and choose a photo from file, and add.  If you try to use it to take a photo, it might not upload.  Why not?!!!  They might need to hire a 10 year old...

Awesome!  An APP party!  😂 

• Haha 1

Any ideas ....Mr is in green lane, Mrs in blue due to not being able to add her as a credit card user. Tried 4 times . It's a small thing but I may be doing something wrong ? Made it  the default card, checked her name ....nothing ! Not worth a call but if someone knows feel free to enlighten me. Thanks

10 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Any ideas ....Mr is in green lane, Mrs in blue due to not being able to add her as a credit card user. Tried 4 times . It's a small thing but I may be doing something wrong ? Made it  the default card, checked her name ....nothing ! Not worth a call but if someone knows feel free to enlighten me. Thanks

If you show two lines with the credit card

in DH account…delete the first line.

Then go back and add DW as an authorized user.

Not sure what they did with the last update? 

Have you deleted it completely and then added it again with DW as a user?

Edited by PacnGoNow

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, but will try that.  Thank you

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Same thing happened to me.  I deleted MY credit card then magically it offered me the authorized user option when I entered the original credit card info again.  Such a  buggy app......

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, uspearls said:

Same thing happened to me.  I deleted MY credit card then magically it offered me the authorized user option when I entered the original credit card info again.  Such a  buggy app......

Tried, still blue for wife. Oh well, no shopping for her 😒 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

This happened to us.

The solution I used was to enter a different credit card for me. I planned on switching it once we were onboard and forgot. So, we got 2 separate folios instead of one final accounting.

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

No, but will try that.  Thank you

Did you delete yours and reenter, or use a different card?  

Or, just tell guest services to correct it after you get on.  I do want her to shop. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uspearls said:

Yes.  Now they’ve done an update.  Not sure that works now, but worth a try.

I have not tried it since the update.

Part of the frustration is the lack of consistency.  On  one day a function will work and the next day it will not.  Someone suggests a workaround which works for a bit and then does not work.  

The functions do not seem to be that complex and you would think by this day and age in computer science it would not be that hard to program correctly.

11 hours ago, jinpasco said:

My name is "invalid" 

leaving tomorrow for 3 nights in FL then 8 night cruise  when we get back might give it another try

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes.  Now they’ve done an update.  Not sure that works now, but worth a try.

I have not tried it since the update.

OMG the update worked for me!!!! Thanks for noting there was an update. My phone didn't show it in my list of updates but when I searched for it directly it showed update available. I finally have all checkmarks and I'm green...for now. LOL

• Like 3

My DH cannot sign off his cruise contract. Tried deleting the medallion app and reinstalling, no go
Tried using the web version someone who was kind enough to share, still no go. So frustrating. Any suggestions? We’re 33 days out

1 hour ago, lotus land said:

My DH cannot sign off his cruise contract. Tried deleting the medallion app and reinstalling, no go
Tried using the web version someone who was kind enough to share, still no go. So frustrating. Any suggestions? We’re 33 days out

You can keep trying both options (app and online) and likely will find that one will work at some point.  Fall back plan is just to wait till you get to the pier and do it the old fashioned way.

• Like 2