Will SIX return to the Bliss by July?

Shelbyscout

I was on the Bliss in March and asked Jack, the entertainment coordinator (not the Cruise Director) about this.  He said the aim is to eventually get Six back on the Bliss.  I don’t know if anyone has more specific information, but I did read a recent Instagram post that the cast is in rehearsals.

I complained to guest services that I paid for a cruise that included Six.  At the time, it was still listed on NCL’s website. They offered me a free painting class as compensation. The paint class was a lot of fun but it was not a Broadway musical!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Shelbyscout said:

My daughter is obsessed with SIX. We're on the Bliss to Alaska in July. Any idea if SIX will return to the Bliss?

It is here now (May 21st to 28th). Very good show.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I complained to guest services that I paid for a cruise that included Six.  At the time, it was still listed on NCL’s website. They offered me a free painting class as compensation. The paint class was a lot of fun but it was not a Broadway musical!

It sure wasn't!  In October, we saw SIX twice on the Breakaway.  It was fabulous, and I'm sorry you missed it.  While we were aboard, I was curious about the ticket prices on Broadway, so I looked them up.   The cost of premium orchestra seats -- the equivalent of our great seats in the Breakaway's beautiful theatre -- was $499 each before fees.  (Yes, Broadway ticket prices are that obscene.)  So the way I figured it, with the two performances we saw on the Breakaway, we had the equivalent of $2000 in tickets, making our cruise nearly free.   🤣

(Another plus to having seen the show on the Breakaway: the cast were Brits, singing in British accents.  The American Queens on Broadway don't sing in British accents, and it sounds jarring to my ears.  I didn't realize this until I listened to the recently-released OBC album.)

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 1:38 AM, ace2542 said:

It is here now (May 21st to 28th). Very good show.

Can you tell us what shows there are - is it Jersey Boys and Six? 

What days they are performing?

And what times ?

Im on the Bliss on 16th July so they may have changed by then but at least it would be a guide!

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, geneticfreak said:

On Bliss now and Six is scheduled for two nights. Reservations are not available in the app, but can be made directly at the box office. Side note, the comedy shows are all sold out for the week already. 

Folks, when you board, go directly to the Box Office and make those reservations! 

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Folks, when you board, go directly to the Box Office and make those reservations! 

Agree.  If you want to see comedians (really good), and didn’t get a reservation in day one, go early and do standby.  We got in both nights for adult show.   

On 5/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, Shelbyscout said:

My daughter is obsessed with SIX. We're on the Bliss to Alaska in July. Any idea if SIX will return to the Bliss?

I got off the Bliss 2 weeks ago and it was there. I think I may of liked Six a little bit more than Jersey Boys.

3 hours ago, checkitallout said:

Do you recall the days and times of the show? Would want to change dinner reservations  so we can get to the show and still enjoy dinner. 
thanks

Sorry, I can't find my dallies. All I can remember is that they were both on the same night. I am pretty sure it was Thursday though.

I cannot find my daily for Day 1 or 2 but here are the main shows in the theater for the other days

Day 3 (Sitka) - Six is 8pm

Day 4 (Juneau) - a Vocalist

Day 5 (Icy Straight Pt) - Jersey Boys at 9:30pm

Day 6 (Ketchikan) - Jersey Boys at 7:30pm and Levity Comedy at 10:30pm (Adult)

Day 7 (Victoria) - 3D Movie Wonder Woman at 8:30pm

I know Six has two shows so it must have been day 1 or 2. Most likely 2.  

Have fun!!!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, checkitallout said:

Is six still on the bliss? Going in august. Granddaughters loved the show and want to see it again!

Just taking a look at the NCL web site for the Aug. cruises on the Bliss, and selecting "Entertainment" at the bottom of the screen listing all the cruises, "SIX" is listed.  Hope that's correct -- it's a great show!