Grand Princess outdoor viewing decks

~*Lou*~

We’re considering booking a cruise to NZ on Grand Princess but it would have to be an internal cabin or obstructed or oceanview  cabin. So public outdoor viewing decks is really important to us. I can see the wrap around promenade deck which is fabulous. 

Can anyone describe the upper decks outdoor spaces to me (not adults only sanctuary, we have children with us)? Is the aft terrace pool deck usually busy? 

Many thanks! 

There are several great locations on the Grand Princess.  I am limited to a few flights of stairs so generally book the Plaza Deck (5) interior behind the Art Gallery. common wall  It is centrally located to everything in the Piazza.  2 flights up gets you to the Full Wrap Around Promenade (if not being used for aft smoking area).  You will have access to the bow of the ship during the day.  You can't get lost when you choose these cabins.

If you are more of a buffet person/pool, then book on the Aloha Deck (12) aft.  There are stairs that lead out to the Terrace Pool (rarely crowded) and up to the buffet and Lido Deck.

The aft Terrace Pool, in my opinion, is deep and not really designed for laps/swimming.  The pools on the Grand are covered.  There is also a "conservatory" that overlooks the pool and has a ping pong table.  

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=AP

I am sure someone will post this wonderful link to Obstructed View Cabins on the Grand.

The Grand does NOT have a central staircase.  On deck 7, it has a midship staircase to nowhere (crew quarters/restricted).  

Grand 2.jpg

1645587975_GrandStaircase.thumb.jpg.7d25f7739ac299aec043410d04c14eee.jpg

Edited by cr8tiv1

You will have no difficulty finding open deck sitting and viewing space on the Grand Princess.

Wrap around promenade on decks 7/8. Aft area may be closed off for crew smoking area.

Terrace Pool (adults). A small pool, around 4/5ft deep. Lounges directly around the pool. Lounges, tables and chairs and Al Fresco Bar half deck up on Lido deck, lounges on deck 15 outside of Club One5 with smoking area in a section of this area

Lido deck has both an indoor and outdoor pool. Indoor pool has conservatory (free) above. Outdoor pool has lots of lounges on deck above.

Also lots of lounging and viewing areas on the Sports Deck.

Spa Pool on deck 15 forward is free and for adults.

refer to deck plans

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=AP

I love the interior cabins aft on Aloha deck. You are just steps away from the open aft deck viewing area and I have never heard any noise from the buffet are above. If you like being forward the interior cabins on deck 8 Emerald have access to the raised portion of the promenade , great views and covered if it is raining.