Unnotified payment from my credit card by Princess

We are travelling on Coral Princess in August. I paid in full, including the credit card charge, two weeks ago. Now there is a random debit from my credit card for a further $88.

I know, I need to contact Princess about this, but has anyone else had this happen?

Fuel surcharge?

I'd just like to have been notified.

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

We are travelling on Coral Princess in August. I paid in full, including the credit card charge, two weeks ago. Now there is a random debit from my credit card for a further $88.

I know, I need to contact Princess about this, but has anyone else had this happen?

Fuel surcharge?

Have you pre booked an excursion? 

52 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Have you pre booked an excursion? 

No, no excursions, no dinners, no spa treatments, nothing.

Another interesting thing. I have another cruise booked on the Majestic for March. Because of the above problem, I checked on my booking/payments for that cruise. My on-board credits have been reduced by half as well. I have the credit for the FCD $100, and Customer Loyalty credit shows  minus $50 leaving a total credit of $50.

9 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Another interesting thing. I have another cruise booked on the Majestic for March. Because of the above problem, I checked on my booking/payments for that cruise. My on-board credits have been reduced by half as well. I have the credit for the FCD $100, and Customer Loyalty credit shows  minus $50 leaving a total credit of $50.

You need to contact Princess to sort this out.  They shouldn't be doing anything without your permission.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You need to contact Princess to sort this out.  They shouldn't be doing anything without your permission.

Yes definitely, ring them today.

• Like 1

I know Princess during a cruise will do a small claim which shows up as a pending transaction on my account, and then disappears shortly after.

When I queried it, I was told they do that to ensure the account is active and legitimate.

Don't know if that is true, but have noticed it on various cruises.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

Fuel surcharge?

There are no excess fuel surcharges applicable. As you say, check with Princess.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Princess has discontinued the customer loyalty credit system. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess has discontinued the customer loyalty credit system. ☹️

Yes, I could understand if , from a specified date, new bookings didn't qualify, but the cruise mentioned had been booked for what was effectively years! Cancelled, moved over, changed ships etc since mid 2020. I wouldn't have thought that they would give it and take it away again. And not only have they taken it away, but they've reduced my FCD credit by 50%.

Anyway, I've emailed my PCP, and await a reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

Did you get an accessory when ordering your medallion? That is the only other possibility I can think of, but only something Princess can resolve anyway. I haven't been hit with any extra charges by Princess.

• Like 1

Success, I hope!

My PCP got back to me with 5 mins of my email, in fact the phone rang while I was typing my last post. The $88 was supposedly something I had bought to do with the Ocean Medallion, except I hadn't, I 'd just been in there to look, and that was several days after the charge was added to my credit card. My PCP has reversed the charge.

He is investigating the second problem with the On-board credit, he can't immediately see the the cause, but he'll get back to me within the next day.

Can't fault the service I am getting from him.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Success, I hope!

My PCP got back to me with 5 mins of my email, in fact the phone rang while I was typing my last post. The $88 was supposedly something I had bought to do with the Ocean Medallion, except I hadn't, I 'd just been in there to look, and that was several days after the charge was added to my credit card. My PCP has reversed the charge.

He is investigating the second problem with the On-board credit, he can't immediately see the the cause, but he'll get back to me within the next day.

Can't fault the service I am getting from him.

well done to your PCP

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Hopefully the TA has sorted it out and as we know Princess won’t talk to them about the booking seeing they used a TA

On 5/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, rkmw said:

Hopefully the TA has sorted it out and as we know Princess won’t talk to them about the booking seeing they used a TA

Belmont Babe is using a PCP not a TA - I think a PCP is a “Princess Cruise Planner” which a lot of us use, a very helpful and efficient Princess employee 😄 
I love my PCP - he can find and do things on a Princess cruise that I didn’t know even existed!!
Like how to finally get that bl😡🤬dy  Medallion App to work. 

• Like 1