Future cruise letters

windsor26

Does anyone know for certain if when you purchase FCL's while on a cruise you have to purchase them in the currency of the cruise   ie  we use our letters mostly for Australian cruises and  would prefer it if we could use a OZ credit card for this even while on a UK cruise which has US$ as the currency on board.  Also the letters cost $100 aud  for us what are they in other currencies? Thanks in advance

When we purchased them they cost $100 Cad, which is the currency we pay for our cruises in. (Even though as you say the currency onboard is USD)The onboard credit that comes with them is in USD though. I imagine it would be the same for you.

Edited by sunviking90

Just now, sunviking90 said:

When we purchased them they cost $100 Cad, which is the currency we pay for our cruises in. The onboard credit that comes with them is in USD though. I imagine it would be the same for you.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I was hoping that we could use AUD as this is obviously of lesser value and we get AUD on board as obc which again is lesser value and I understood once in the past that if you had A USA letter it could not be used against an OZ cruise??

53 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I was hoping that we could use AUD as this is obviously of lesser value and we get AUD on board as obc which again is lesser value and I understood once in the past that if you had A USA letter it could not be used against an OZ cruise??

I cannot remember seeing a letter.  The many FDC's that we have paid for appear in our account on Princess.com.  When we want to use one we just tell our TA to do so.  No physical letter is involved.  Oz may be different.

Further, Princess uses the CC that you have on file, usually the one you are using to pay  for your onboard expenses.  I don't believe that the country of issue comes into play.

8 hours ago, thinfool said:

I cannot remember seeing a letter.  The many FDC's that we have paid for appear in our account on Princess.com.  When we want to use one we just tell our TA to do so.  No physical letter is involved.  Oz may be different.

Further, Princess uses the CC that you have on file, usually the one you are using to pay  for your onboard expenses.  I don't believe that the country of issue comes into play.

Thanks  I would be using a c/c from Oz as they have a good exchange rate and no charges so hopefully it will be good

In 2016 we did a repositioning cruise on Golden, Sydney to Hong Kong. This cruise was USD onboard as it was just before they changed to AUD for Asian repositioning cruises. We bought an FCD on that cruise and it cost AU $100.

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In 2016 we did a repositioning cruise on Golden, Sydney to Hong Kong. This cruise was USD onboard as it was just before they changed to AUD for Asian repositioning cruises. We bought an FCD on that cruise and it cost AU $100.

Thanks   that is what I am hoping  it seems daft to pay $100 US  to get $100 AUDobc

On 5/30/2022 at 11:28 AM, thinfool said:

The OP is likely referring to the email confirmation a guest receives after ordering and the FCD has been processed. 

I am not sure how much flexibility the MC App has on board if you order FCD's online.  However, the form you fill out on board and deposit with the Future Cruise Consultant office has checkboxes for the desired currency of the FCD.  Pick the one you want, @windsor26.