San Francisco - Uber/Lyft Transport after the cruise

cruzin4us

I signed up for the Princess Transfer because I wasn't sure if there are typically a lot of Uber Drivers available once we got off the ship.   We will need transport to SFO. 

Our flight leaves at 12:25 pm so I'd rather get there is soon as I can vs waiting for a busload of people to get their act together.

So....are Uber drivers available or is there a huge wait and I'd be better off taking the Ships transfer bus?

Is it best just to grab my luggage and walk inland a bit and then call for an Uber?

5 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

So....are Uber drivers available or is there a huge wait and I'd be better off taking the Ships transfer bus?

I have been to SFO several times over the past few months and have never waited more than a few minutes for an Uber or Lyft. No issues at all. 

16 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I have been to SFO several times over the past few months and have never waited more than a few minutes for an Uber or Lyft. No issues at all. 

Even at the pier when everyone is getting off the ship?

29 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Even at the pier when everyone is getting off the ship?

How about after concerts, when many thousands are exiting?

I would agree with the suggestion to get away from the main terminal area, but I also know that typically there is a Rideshare staging area, and it works very well.  I just don't know where it is for the cruise terminal. So getting away from the immediate terminal area helps with that problem. 

If you are able to do the self assist walk off, you wil have no problems getting a taxi or a Lyft/Uber.  We are frequently among the first off the ship and have never had a problem getting a ride.  

We usually catch an Uber at the entrance to the port to avoid the congestion within the turnaround.

• 4 weeks later...