Cost of taxi from Amsterdam airport to Movenpick Hotel?

I realize that the cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel would be the train and then the hotel shuttle. However, we will have 4 pieces of luggage, and the hassle doesn’t seem worth it. How much can we expect the taxi to cost, and do all taxis accept charge cards?

• Like 1

Not sure about the cost or if they accept charge cards, but a friend advised us to take the certified cabs outside the terminal, don't go with those drivers that offer their service inside the terminal. Those have no certifications and often overcharge.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dobiemom said:

... but a friend advised us to take the certified cabs outside the terminal, don't go with those drivers that offer their service inside the terminal. Those have no certifications and often overcharge.

This should be an absolute rule for pretty much all major airports everywhere in the world: always go to the official taxi rank.

• Like 2

Count on €50 - €60. It is also possible to order a taxi upfront online, this will get you a better price. An option here is TCA (https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/). After you collected your luggage, go to the STA desk (STA stands for Schiphol Transfer Assistance) at the far end of the arrivals hall near Arrivals 4. The driver will pick you up there.

Another option is Marcus Executive Car Services. You can order a car in advance through https://www.marcus.nl/en/ but they also have their own desk in the arrivals hall near arrivals 4.

Edited by rsverdier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rsverdier said:

Count on €50 - €60. It is also possible to order a taxi upfront online, this will get you a better price. An option here is TCA (https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/). After you collected your luggage, go to the STA desk (STA stands for Schiphol Transfer Assistance) at the far end of the arrivals hall near Arrivals 4. The driver will pick you up there.

Another option is Marcus Executive Car Services. You can order a car in advance through https://www.marcus.nl/en/ but they also have their own desk in the arrivals hall near arrivals 4.

Thanks so much for this. Can I assume the taxi will take a credit card?

12 hours ago, FirstTeacher said:

Thanks so much for this. Can I assume the taxi will take a credit card?

Most (if not all) will take credit cards, at least Visa and Mastercard. AMEX and Diner’s might be more problematic, because those cards are not really widely accepted in Europe anyway.

We were at the Movenpick Hotel in Amsterdam in May, 2 people, 3 pieces of luggage, and paid 41Euros for a taxi from the hotel to the airport.  We used Staxi vervoer, phone number 31207058888, they take credit card or cash. We were very happy with their service and the driver was very punctual and we would highly recommend them. We prebooked on line.  Clean Volvo vehicle.

The taxis outside the hotel front door quoted 60E for the same trip.

1 minute ago, Northbay said:

We were at the Movenpick Hotel in Amsterdam in May, 2 people, 3 pieces of luggage, and paid 41Euros for a taxi from the hotel to the airport.  We used Staxi vervoer, phone number 31207058888, they take credit card or cash. We were very happy with their service and the driver was very punctual and we would highly recommend them. We prebooked on line.  Clean Volvo vehicle.

Their email address is info@staxi.nl

@NorthbayFor your information, it is possible to edit posts within 15 minutes of posting. Click on the 3 dots at the top of your post, and, if you are the poster and within that time limit, you will see an option to edit.

5 hours ago, gnome12 said:

@NorthbayFor your information, it is possible to edit posts within 15 minutes of posting. Click on the 3 dots at the top of your post, and, if you are the poster and within that time limit, you will see an option to edit.

Thanks.  I didn’t know that.  Nice to learn something new every day.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:28 AM, Northbay said:

I'm thinking of staying here for one night after the cruise in September.  I will need a ride to the airport at 6:30am as my flight will be at 10:55am.  41 euros seems like a great rate.  Thank you for the information.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, robin13 said:

I'm thinking of staying here for one night after the cruise in September.  I will need a ride to the airport at 6:30am as my flight will be at 10:55am.  41 euros seems like a great rate.  Thank you for the information.

Robin13, 

Hope you've kept up with all the chaos at the airport with very long lines for check-in, security, etc. People talking about 4-5 hours to get thru all of that and get to the gate.  I'm also going in Sept and worrying about a flight at 1:00pm.

Our taxi (metered) from the Amsterdam cruise port to Schiphol was 75 Euro on July 2.

If you cannot stand or walk for 2+ hours I highly recommend that you ask for wheel chair assistance for your flight.  

Our flight was 2:40PM to Boston on Delta/KLM in Comfort Plus. We do not have Sky Priority status.

Left ship at 8:45 and took the worlds fastest taxi to Schiphol . Arrived 9:20AM.  

The KLM woman looked at our Comfort + ticket and let us in the Sky Priority check in area.  Economy people were being sent to different check in desk lines. Once checked in (the man noted we were 5 hours early but took our luggage) you join another line for security.  This line is split into two: Sky Priority/First/Business (not us) and Comfort+ and Economy (us). A long and slowly moving line will get you to the stairs to get to security.  Scan your boarding pass and then wait in an enclosed area (claustrophobia warning) for your chance to climb the stairs to yet another LONG line just to get to security (think Disney).  At this point people who had 11:30 or even a 12:30 flight (depending on gate location) realized that they were going to miss it.  Two people nicely asked to skip ahead but in most cases everyone stayed where they were in line. Once thru security there is another very short line to scan your passport and get it physically stamped and finally you are in the gate area. Arrival 11:50AM or 2.5 hours of lines.  You still have to get to your gate (some gates are not nearby) but once in the gate area all chaos disappears and it seemed almost serene to wander through the shopping opportunities to your gate (ours on concourse F was a 15 minute walk others are much longer). Our flight left 1/2 hour late which gave extra time to board for those who were still caught in the process.  

If you are Sky Priority/First/Business you will still be on lines but they probably are shorter and once in the gate area you can relax in the KLM Lounge.

Bon voyage! Buen viaje! Safe travels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, rsverdier said:

Thank you. I have booked TCA for the end of September. Your description makes it easy for me to understand the steps to meet the driver. It looks like TCA might be useful in getting to some of the places we have booked in Amsterdam, too, and I can just book them each day.

• Like 1

Uber was 44 bucks from AMS to cruise port (next to movenpick). Had a car within 5 minutes of requesting from the AMS pickup location right outside the doors. I struggle to see why people are prearranging rides here. Uber is cheaper and more convenient. 

Edited by XuGator

• 3 weeks later...