Frankfurt Main River Cruise Terminal

*Miss G*

• *Miss G* changed the title to Frankfurt Main River Cruise Terminal

If I may jump in and say that I have not sailed on Avalon Waterways, but have a rough idea of where the city docking locations are. However, there is a harbour further out that is used as well. So here goes. Nicko Cruises has a helpful map of all docking locations that may be used for embarkation. This is it (move the map a bit): https://www.nicko-cruises.de/anreise-anlegestellen/anlegestellen/frankfurt-am-main

Avalon Waterways Australia gives this location: https://www.avalonwaterways.com.au/travel-tips/port-locations

Hopefully a past cruiser will confirm. Bear in mind that the location can change at short notice. I expect there will be a pick-up at the airport for you or central meeting point designated by Avalon Waterways from where you will be brought to the dock.

Frankfurt is an interesting city, worth strolling through if you have the time.

Have a great cruise.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much, @notamermaid!  This is very helpful information.  Yes, we will be visiting in Frankfurt for a few days prior to embarkation.  I was trying to find a nice hotel and it seems the Altstadt district is a good area but wanted to get an idea of where the cruise port is.  Finding information is like pulling teeth so your post is very helpful!  Thank you.

Oh good :classic_smile:. Glad it is helpful. It was interesting that I could not find the info on the US website but through a bit of luck google gave me the Australian website as a search result.

May I point you to the thread on the Main? Not that much info on Frankfurt, but I think the photos of the river and Eiserner Steg (bridge) will give you an idea of what not to miss:

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

On our cruise our Avalon ship was moored near the Intercontinental Hotel. (I just checked my photos from the other side of the river) - but we met prior to boarding at the Movenpick Hotel and were transfered by bus.

• Thanks 1

That hotel is near Untermainkai close to the Holbeinsteg (bridge). Looks to be Nizza Werft Nr. 1 on the map. Now, that would be much nicer than in the Osthafen. Hope this will be the location in Miss G's documents :classic_smile:.

notamermaid

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much @notamermaid and @vada_9!  I really appreciate the info.

Oh!  And I am going to read that thread, @notamermaid!  I didn’t know it existed so I appreciate that.  I’ve found very little information on Frankfurt in the River Ports board.  Once we’re onboard/done, I’ll make a point of contributing.

Edited by *Miss G*

7 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Once we’re onboard/done, I’ll make a point of contributing.

Lovely. Good to get some Frankfurt tips into the thread. And your itinerary is one of the more unusual ones, so if you feel like giving river cruisers a separate thread with some of your experiences, they can shower you with questions :classic_biggrin:.

But first, have fun planning and even more fun sailing.

notamermaid

• Like 1