Bermuda tour guides

BudapestLady

I have not ever used one in Bermuda. Unfortunately, ToursByLocals who I use all over the world has no guides they represent in Bermuda.  

However, after digging hard I found a private tour company I'm Bermuda have booked them for my August  sailing as I find no other option. I don't do those group tours on a bus... im impatient snd prefer personalized service. Winsome Transport is the name of the company  They can accommodate groups from 1 to 20 and have a 5 hour or 6.5 hour private tour. You can find them on Trip Advisor. I did feel that the reviews were all written in the same style and cadence... making me think the company itself has written them so take them with a grain of salt. 

Hope this helps.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, cruising oceangal said:

We had a great tour a few years ago with Arthur's Bermuda and keep in touch with him on Facebook.  He has a website, calypsocowboy.com

Hi Oceangal...

I would feel much better taking a private tour with a guide that has a positive review from a  valid source ( you have hundreds of posts on Cruise Critic). I have my reservations about the company I have a tour with as ...A) they will not confirm the cost of the tour after multiple times I've asked while booking B) The reviews on Trip Advisor are absolutely written by the company itself 

I exclusively do private tours when visiting locations. My only other trip to Bermuda was for one day only and I did not get to do a tour... I am committed to doing one in August. 

I looked at Arthur's "website" and it's rather vague. It says he offers a prearranged tour. I'm simply looking to be toured around the island and shown the sites... primarily the beaches and other natural features amd get commentary. It would be me and my boyfriend.  We're Southerners, outgoing, never met a stranger, and like to have a good time.  

Will we mesh well with Atthur?

30 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I would feel much better taking a private tour with a guide that has a positive review from a  valid source

From what I have read Winsome will be good. Heidi from Bermuda Byways gets awesome reviews. 

I have used Heidi with Bermuda Byways twice -- once for a shared tour and once for a private tour. My experience was in 2013 and 2014, but if I wouldn't hesitate to book again. She is excellent.

Back then, she toured with her blind dog Buddy. I would be surprised if Buddy is still working, but she was a sweetheart. 

IMG_4790.JPG

DSC_8523.jpg

DSC_8522.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, WKUTopperFan said:

Hi Oceangal...

I would feel much better taking a private tour with a guide that has a positive review from a  valid source ( you have hundreds of posts on Cruise Critic). I have my reservations about the company I have a tour with as ...A) they will not confirm the cost of the tour after multiple times I've asked while booking B) The reviews on Trip Advisor are absolutely written by the company itself 

I exclusively do private tours when visiting locations. My only other trip to Bermuda was for one day only and I did not get to do a tour... I am committed to doing one in August. 

I looked at Arthur's "website" and it's rather vague. It says he offers a prearranged tour. I'm simply looking to be toured around the island and shown the sites... primarily the beaches and other natural features amd get commentary. It would be me and my boyfriend.  We're Southerners, outgoing, never met a stranger, and like to have a good time.  

Will we mesh well with Atthur?

We just returned from our Bermuda cruise but because of the weather we only had time to take a ferry to Hamilton.  The weather did not cooperate for any beach time or touring.

We enjoyed our time with Arthur several years ago, he was at the dock when we got off the ship and he gave us a nice tour that ended in Hamilton and took the ferry back.  He charged us by the hour at that time.  He was very personable. 

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

Is it possible to just get off the ship and find a guide on the pier?  Affordable?  Reliable? No rip-off?

It is possible. There are designated locations with signs near the ship berths  to hook up with Taxi tours or Minibus tours. Of course if they are not pre arranged there is no guarantee there will be a driver immeadiatly available. Taxi tour rates are regulated. $50 and hour for the taxi (1-4) passengers or $70 (5-7). Three hour minimum. Minibus tours are per person. Those have been about $65 per person but ask before you get in. The minibus tours are going to be shared ride while the taxi tours will be private. With a taxi tour you can give direction on your preferences.  

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is possible. There are designated locations with signs near the ship berths  to hook up with Taxi tours or Minibus tours. Of course if they are not pre arranged there is no guarantee there will be a driver immeadiatly available. Taxi tour rates are regulated. $50 and hour for the taxi (1-4) passengers or $70 (5-7). Three hour minimum. Minibus tours are per person. Those have been about $65 per person but ask before you get in. The minibus tours are going to be shared ride while the taxi tours will be private. With a taxi tour you can give direction on your preferences.  

Do the taxi's accept credit cards?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 12:06 AM, WKUTopperFan said:

Winsome Transport is the name of the company

@WKUTopperFan

I did a tour several years ago with Ralph Richardson of Winsome Tours,  He was very friendly and knowledgeable.  There were 8 of and he even took us to his house and down to the dock to see the water.  I have no hesitation in recommending him.

I believe Winsome Tours handles the Famous Homes and Hideaway cruise tour.  I loved it and have done it 3 times.  Wonderful way to see Bermuda from the water.

Edited by cruisingxpert
added something

On 6/29/2022 at 7:38 PM, cruisingxpert said:

@WKUTopperFan

I did a tour several years ago with Ralph Richardson of Winsome Tours,  He was very friendly and knowledgeable.  There were 8 of and he even took us to his house and down to the dock to see the water.  I have no hesitation in recommending him.

I believe Winsome Tours handles the Famous Homes and Hideaway cruise tour.  I loved it and have done it 3 times.  Wonderful way to see Bermuda from the water.

Thank you for the feedback. We're booked for a full day private signature tour with Winsome next month. I usually use Tours by Locals for my private tours when visiting somewhere but they have no guides in Bermuda. We're easy going southerners so we always have a good time with good guides.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 5:08 PM, cyntil8ing said:

I have used Heidi with Bermuda Byways twice -- once for a shared tour and once for a private tour. My experience was in 2013 and 2014, but if I wouldn't hesitate to book again. She is excellent.

Back then, she toured with her blind dog Buddy. I would be surprised if Buddy is still working, but she was a sweetheart. 

IMG_4790.JPG

DSC_8523.jpg

DSC_8522.jpg

We toured (second time) with Heidi in October 2021. Happy to say that Buddy came along for the ride!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, pasta1 said:

Will a 3 hour taxi tour going to St. George a 1 hour stop there and back to the ship work?

So, 1 hour taxi trip to St George, 1 hour there, 1 hour back?

Seems like a waste of time to me.

Why not look at the ferry from the dockyard to St George?

32 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

So, 1 hour taxi trip to St George, 1 hour there, 1 hour back?

Seems like a waste of time to me.

Why not look at the ferry from the dockyard to St George?

It appears they want to do a taxi tour. My suggestion would be to have the taxi tour end up in St. George then they could take the ferry back on their own.