Where would you live to cruise ?

20 hours ago, ldubs said:

BTW, we enjoyed boarding a cruise ship in Auckland.  It was a neat city to spend a few days.

I have been fortunate to visit Auckland and other parts of New Zealand three times and would happily return again.  One of those times was embarking a cruise in Auckland.  Excellent embarkation procedures and facilities.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

I really want to do a Titanic cruise; second week of April, Southampton to New York, but I DON'T want to get on a stuffy Cunard cruise.

You’re in luck, because Cunard isn’t doing one at that time.  QM2 is still on world cruise.  But no one else is, either.  Pick another time.  
But you have misread the thread title, or totally missed the point of the thread.  EM

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

I really want to do a Titanic cruise; second week of April, Southampton to New York, but I DON'T want to get on a stuffy Cunard 

Nm

Edited by mom says

23 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

I really want to do a Titanic cruise; second week of April, Southampton to New York, but I DON'T want to get on a stuffy Cunard cruise.

This made me laugh out loud.  We took our first Cunard cruise a couple of years ago because I realized that Cunard wasn't any more expensive than the other cruise lines ...my husband is Bronx Irish and that's all he heard when he was a kid ... ah, CUNARD!!!  We thought that Queen Victoria's interior was so beautiful and elegant (compared to the garish weird decor on most cruise ships) that we spent an hour every day just wandering the ship after dinner admiring it all.  We don't do 'stuffy' either and were very comfortable everywhere.  We don't do the MDR much, can't stand long protracted dinners ... prefer to have 3 appetizers for dinner from the buffet.  The best part of the cruise was parking in the corridor leading to the MDR on the formal nights with a glass of champagne.  Watching all those people parade by in their finery ... I mean a sequined sheath with matching pumps??? ... was more fun than any stage show.  We loved the British hospitality and the great crew, never felt anything but welcomed.  Except for the bartenders, they were awful for some reason.  Super unfriendly and not interested in the guests at all.  But of course they're all out of jobs now, so it balances out in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3