When will testing to come back into US end?

shonadamson

Article

Hopefully, it will be soon. The only thing that worries me about going overseas is not being able to come back. I have bought travel insurance and have taken every precaution, but I know I am still taking a risk. This means at least the white house is hearing some concerns.

• Like 1

Here is a thread of what happened to someone on a TA to Rome that tested pos during the cruise.  Though they were covid free when leaving the ship they mention what happens to those that need to extend their quarantine.

9 hours ago, TNCruiser72 said:

The major US airlines are asking the White House to discontinue it. Their argument is it not the risk it was and is an outdated requirement. 

Plus, it makes no sense that you can come back any other way without testing, but have to test if coming back via an airplane.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Plus, it makes no sense that you can come back any other way without testing, but have to test if coming back via an airplane.

Not that I don't believe the requirement shouldn't be discontinued but how many people travelling to the US come in by air compared to those coming in by other modes of transport?

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Not that I don't believe the requirement shouldn't be discontinued but how many people travelling to the US come in by air compared to those coming in by other modes of transport?

As an example, baseball teams coming into (and leaving also) Toronto do not fly direct to Toronto, but rather fly to Buffalo and then bus to Toronto.

I imagine there is also a lot of car traffic on the border with Mexico.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

As an example, baseball teams coming into (and leaving also) Toronto do not fly direct to Toronto, but rather fly to Buffalo and then bus to Toronto.

I imagine there is also a lot of car traffic on the border with Mexico.

A couple of drops in the bucket conpared to air travel, and the travellers you've identified (baseball players, but no hockey players.... yet and mostly US citizens who haven't been mixing all that much) are likely viewed as low risk.