Testing Site at Canada Place closing

SharonN

1 hour ago, pattycruisealot21 said:

Yeah the CVM Medical clinic that is in Canada Place next to the cruise ship terminal will be open again as of July 1st. I spoke with a very nice lady in their customer service line which she explained they had to close for renovations but will be back up and running on July 1st with no problem. 

@Storylady Personally, we also don't like doing it ourselves onboard. The Wi-Fi on board makes me a little worried and I wouldn't trust it since there will be so many users trying to do the same thing the day before disembarking. My husband and I have travelled to the US a few times this year and we just got back from our cruise a week ago. We always get tested with CVM Medical, we absolutely love the service and locations! Maybe give them a try at their airport location or their cruise ship terminal clinic once it opens again and you'll see their great service 🙂

Here is their link in case it may be useful for anyone: https://covid-medical.ca/covid-19-test-book-online/ 

No need to book an appointment or do a test on the ship as US has dropped the negative test requirements. Unfortunately, I booked an appointment several days before it was dropped. We will probably go ahead and do the test as it is a nuisance to try to get our money returned, plus there is a $50 fee for doing so.

Edited by Storylady

So glad I saw this thread today as I must have missed the original post. I’m currently in Jasper, getting Rocky Mountaineer tomorrow and Friday and not due to arrive in Vancouver until late Friday. I had booked our tests at CVM Canada place for Saturday morning. Although CVM claims to have sent an email regarding closing the test centre, we have never received it. Fortunately and thank you to this post, Ive managed to book our tests at the Fairmont, which is actually closer to where we’re staying overnight in Vancouver. Can’t thank everyone enough for this as I don’t know what we would have done if we’d arrived Saturday to find CVM closed. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, lynanken said:

Why can't you can take the test on Friday at the airport, it meets the requirements of 2 days.

That's what I was thinking also. They could test when they land in Vancouver and not have to go back to the airport.

17 minutes ago, electro said:

That's what I was thinking also. They could test when they land in Vancouver and not have to go back to the airport.

The reason they didn’t get vaccinated at home was due to other commitments. As for why they didn’t get vaccinated at the airport, it was due to being picked up by HAL to be taken to their hotel. They didn’t think HAL would wait for them, plus they were on a very late arrival. They were able to get their vaccinations to board the ship at the Fairmont across the street from Canada Place. Another poster posted the address to make the appointment.

Fortunately, vaccinating is now not required for air flight home. Although, I booked an appointment just days before the actual announcement.

30 minutes ago, electro said:

As I posted before, the test place at Canada Place is still operating - I was there.kast week with my friends from the UK who got tests before their cruise. The doorway is to the right of Starbucks by.the Pan Pacific, and its on the 4th floor. 

Google covidtestsvancouver.ca because you need an appointment.

39 minutes ago, Storylady said:

The reason they didn’t get vaccinated at home was due to other commitments. As for why they didn’t get vaccinated at the airport,

Just to clarify, I believe @Storylady meant "tested", not vaccinated.  All cruisers must be fully vaccinated more than two weeks before embarking the cruise ship.  They must be tested just prior (1day - 2 days) to embarkation.

~Nancy

On 6/15/2022 at 1:58 PM, Storylady said:

No need to book an appointment or do a test on the ship as US has dropped the negative test requirements. Unfortunately, I booked an appointment several days before it was dropped. We will probably go ahead and do the test as it is a nuisance to try to get our money returned, plus there is a $50 fee for doing so.

I cancelled my CVM Medical appointment after the US testing requirement was lifted, and received a confirmation email from them saying they were processing refunds as quickly as possible. There was no mention of a $50 cancellation fee at that time, nor when I booked the appointment.  If there's a cancellation fee, it will nearly wipe out the refund for my test.  🙂

On 6/15/2022 at 4:14 PM, oakridger said:

Just to clarify, I believe @Storylady meant "tested", not vaccinated.  All cruisers must be fully vaccinated more than two weeks before embarking the cruise ship.  They must be tested just prior (1day - 2 days) to embarkation.

~Nancy

Thanks, I really meant tested two days before boarding cruise ship not only for Alaska cruise, but also for our European cruise. We have recently had our 4th booster shot. No side effects. The testing site in the Fairmont Hotel mentioned that $50 of our fee will not be returned. So not worth the bother of cancelling.