Onboard Chat Feature...

We are a group of 40+ traveling to Alaska next month.  Been communicating via email, texts, & WhatsApp.

But once on board, what's the best way to communicate with group, assuming not everyone will buy the wifi package?

Heard that RCCL app has a $2/day chat feature.  So $14/person for the 7 night cruise seems reasonable. 

Will that suffice to replace WhatsApp once on board...?

Thanks,

The RC app chat function kinda stinks if for no other reason than it does not have a notification feature.  There's no way to know if there are any messages or what they may be without looking at the app.  If that works for everyone, then you'll be alright.

Now that I think about it, I bet you would be alright.  With a group that large, I probably would disable notifications, anyhow.  Just make sure everyone is aware that any message they send may go unseen for some time.

I sorta miss the good 'ol days of just locking away the cell phone in the safe & enjoy the cruise off the grid, until we reach port.

But with the adult kids wanna to stay in touch with various activities, now we gotta lug around the phone while onboard.

Since our 22 cabins are all forward on decks 8 & 9, may go back to whiteboard on daughter's (group's activity director) cabin door...

• 4 months later...