Stockholm questions

We are on a Princess cruise that will overnight in Stockholm in early July and using a tender.  I have never been and I am trying to meet a distant cousin while there.   We will have internet on the ship but no phone access.  

1)  Can anyone tell me where the cruise port is and would non-cruise passengers be able to access the area?  Is there anything to do around that area (walking distance)?

2)  Can anyone tell me how far (taxi fare?) from the ship to the Abba Museum?  We are thinking of meeting there if not the cruise area

3)  Is there much around the Abba Museum to do if we meet there.

Thanks in advance and happy sailing !

2 hours ago, pauon said:

We are on a Princess cruise that will overnight in Stockholm in early July and using a tender.  I have never been and I am trying to meet a distant cousin while there.   We will have internet on the ship but no phone access.  

1)  Can anyone tell me where the cruise port is and would non-cruise passengers be able to access the area?  Is there anything to do around that area (walking distance)?

2)  Can anyone tell me how far (taxi fare?) from the ship to the Abba Museum?  We are thinking of meeting there if not the cruise area

I can see you are just beginning your research for this port stop.  Since Stockholm is on a series of islands there is more than one port possible.  What is the name of the ship and what are the port dates?  

The Abba Museum is located in the Djurgarden in central Stockholm.  Since 15th century the Swedish monarch has owned or held the right of disposition of the Royal Djurgården. Today it is a city park area. There are multiple museums within walking distance of the Abba Museum.  The most popular of these is the Vasa museum. 

If you are on a an overnight stay and using a tender you will be mooring on Strömmen. The tenders will likely put you ashore very close to the ferry to Djurgården. From the ferry dock at Djurgården it is only a few hundred meters to Abba museum.

Thank you both !  Yes the docking situation looks very confusing.  I have tried everything, including looking at the port authority ,  and cannot figure the sced. for July.  We are on the Island Princes and will be arriving and tendering in  July 8 (overnight) and leave at 445 on July 9th.  Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!  

4 hours ago, pauon said:

Looks like it will be BOJ1 FÖRTÖJNING PÅ STRÖMMEN... suggestions?

yes, see my previous reply.

Boj 1 is where USS government vessel is moored.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:18.081/centery:59.322/zoom:16 -

the ferry departs to the right of where it says "den gyldene freden". Tender drop off should be close to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since most of the central tourist area is so walkable in summer, planning to do one or two single journeys on bus/tram rather than 24 hour pass (if it make sense).

Question:

Single journey tickets are valid for 75 minutes.

If your journey involves transfer and second leg is rather long journey (within city limits like route 80 to frihamnen), is it ok if your time expires midway through your journey as far as you boarded the second leg before time had expired?

Thanks

10 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Since most of the central tourist area is so walkable in summer, planning to do one or two single journeys on bus/tram rather than 24 hour pass (if it make sense).

Question:

Single journey tickets are valid for 75 minutes.

If your journey involves transfer and second leg is rather long journey (within city limits like route 80 to frihamnen), is it ok if your time expires midway through your journey as far as you boarded the second leg before time had expired?

Thanks

yes, as long as you start the final leg before the 75 minutes expire you are ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you buy 24 hour SL ticket after cruise at frihamnen terminal?

Dragging bags to bus is out of question.  So it is either Uber or ferry (which is so conveniently located)

Can you buy 24 hour ticket on the ferry or is there a way to buy it at terminal itself?

While US credit cards worked on public transit apps elsewhere smoothly, SL app cud not handle it 

Contactless credit card works fine for single journey but don't think you can buy 24 hour ticket using them.

Anyone has any info on this?

Thanks 

Public transport in general in Sweden is very focused on apps or pre-paid cards (like SL green card) where the latter isn't an option for you. There are ticket machines in some places(not sure if there is one at Frihamnen) but those are planned to be discontinued.

If the app doesn't accept you card and there is no ticket machine at Frihamnen then a taxi is your only option. I would recommend Taxi Sverige, Taxi Kurir or Taxi Stockholm.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought others may benefit from what was found on disembarkation:

Cruise ship terminal has gift shop that sells all kinds of tickets and passes (single journey, 24 hour, 72 hour - even he Stockholm pass) and of course take US VISA/MC.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, pauon said:

How did this work out? I’m booked on an itinerary doing the same thing in July.  I was super excited by the idea of an overnight stay in Stockholm, but not so much if we’re going to be anchored out and all I can do at night is sit there and look at the city. I got the impression that they’re not going to run tenders at night, and I actually can’t even really argue with that logic.

5 hours ago, racephoto said:

How did this work out? I’m booked on an itinerary doing the same thing in July.  I was super excited by the idea of an overnight stay in Stockholm, but not so much if we’re going to be anchored out and all I can do at night is sit there and look at the city. I got the impression that they’re not going to run tenders at night, and I actually can’t even really argue with that logic.

It worked out great for us.  One night we were moored (and yes, the tenders don't run ate at night).  The next night they moved us to the dock.  Really central and lots to do.