How is Royal handling sitting with table mates during Covid?

19 minutes ago, retired dude said:

things here in florida are not back to normal.....covid is running rampant, but people are blind to it. only 27% of the florida residents have been fully vaxed and boosters and they wonder why the rates are skyrocketing.....like ron white says:you can't fix stupid.

I live in Florida, and things are normal.  0.05% of people get it, which is far lower than a normal flu season.  Your number is also off.  67% is fully  vaccinated in Florida. Also like all viruses, it will go up and down, but it certainly is not running rampant.  Most people don't even think about it around me.

For the poster, ships are running close to capacity, and basically everything is back to normal.  Some changes happened, but seating, dinner, shows, chair hogs, and elevators are normal.  

Edited by Joseph2017China
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Joseph2017China said:

I live in Florida, and things are normal.  0.05% of people get it, which is far lower than a normal flu season.  Your number is also off.  67% is fully  vaccinated in Florida. Also like all viruses, it will go up and down, but it certainly is not running rampant.  Most people don't even think about it around me.

i said fully vacinated and boostered.....you must not read the paper that publish the #s every week...for those that continue to get this stuff, that is not normal. hope you stay healthy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Do you avoid people on land also as most things are back to normal and no social distancing and masks anymore?

Yep.  Thank goodness for outdoor seating.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, motheroftwocats814 said:

Hi-Husband and I do not mind sitting with other table mates during dinner.

We have had a couple of bad experiences but for the most part really enjoyed meeting new people. So we are generally open to sitting with others if asked.

With Covid, is that something that is still going on? Just curious.

We just got back from Adventure of the Seas May 31 to June 4th sailing Port Liberty NJ to Halifax, NS.

We had wonderful tablemates, and found that people are grouped by their vaccine status.

So we had all been vaccinated at least twice.

Unvaxxed passengers were relegated to Deck 3 MDR.

1 hour ago, retired dude said:

things here in florida are not back to normal.....covid is running rampant, but people are blind to it. only 27% of the florida residents have been fully vaxed and boosters and they wonder why the rates are skyrocketing.....like ron white says:you can't fix stupid.

I don't think they are blind to it, just know that it is a virus that is not going to go away and we have to live with it. If people stop testing and just stay home when sick, like every other illness, it would be "normal". FL is the most normal than other states as I have friends and family in FL and it is like another world compared to NY where they are still on a power trip with all of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Online it says 68.2% are fully vaccinated in FL. 

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

What have you done in the winter?

Same thing.  All the restaurants near me have heated outdoor spaces.  I also have a kitchen so I can cook food at home.

• Like 2

i said fully vacinated and boostered.....you must not read the paper that publish the #s every week...for those that continue to get this stuff, that is not normal. hope you stay healthy.

Fully vaccinated is considered 2 shots, not boostered. You will never get high numbers for boosters as many have chosen never to get them. 

59 minutes ago, BillHoo said:

We just got back from Adventure of the Seas May 31 to June 4th sailing Port Liberty NJ to Halifax, NS.

We had wonderful tablemates, and found that people are grouped by their vaccine status.

So we had all been vaccinated at least twice.

Unvaxxed passengers were relegated to Deck 3 MDR.

The only unvaccinated would be children, correct? Unvaccinated adults are not allowed on board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

The only unvaccinated would be children, correct? Unvaccinated adults are not allowed on board.

I don't know.  I didn't ask any adults for their vax status.

I heard a previous cruise gave people colored wrist bands to ID their status.  We had no such mechanisms.

Edited by BillHoo

12 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Ahh ok. So I guess you don't go anyplace else out but restaurants. 

Pretty much all of the places I have gone to recently are outdoor spaces, yes.  And large open indoor spaces like churches.  Most parishioners wear masks.

Edited by baelor

1 minute ago, BillHoo said:

I don't know.  I didn't ask any adults for their vax status.

I heard a previous cruise gave people colored wrist bands to ID their status.  We had no such mechanisms.

Well I know for RCCL, it is a requirement for anyone over 12. Not sure if that was for exemptions which I heard is very hard to get.

Just now, baelor said:

Pretty much all of the places I have gone to recently are outdoor spaces, yes.  And large open indoor spaces like churches.  Most parishioners wear masks.

Understood. My experience has been very different for the last 2 years, especially for over a year but to each their own 🙂

5 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Understood. My experience has been very different for the last 2 years, especially for over a year but to each their own 🙂

Indeed.  I was just answering the question asked.  And after getting COVID recently after breaking my policy because of my graduation, I am inclined to return to it until my cruise!

2 minutes ago, baelor said:

Indeed.  I was just answering the question asked.  And after getting COVID recently after breaking my policy because of my graduation, I am inclined to return to it until my cruise!

Ugghh that sucks. Are you boosted too?

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Ugghh that sucks. Are you boosted too?

Yep; fully vaxxed and boosted pretty much as early as possible (also flu shot).  I had successfully avoided it since 2020 LOL.  Not a great way to spend the days after my graduation + my birthday.

5 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Do you avoid people on land also as most things are back to normal and no social distancing and masks anymore?

I don’t sit with strangers at the same table on land either 🤣🤣

And if you followed the Alaska sailings like I have and saw that every sailing so far has loads of Covid cases of both crew and guests then it might change some peoples minds about things 

But others like you don’t seem to care one way or the other if you get Covid or not 

Edited by LaCal

9 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

I rarely am next to other people on land. Going on Quantum will likely be the most congested place I have been since January 2020 and I have been on 2 cruises and 2 WDW trips. 

I know your trying to be a smart-ass but reality is plenty of us don't live in apartments or major cities and possibly even work from home or in work places that are very spread out. 

Oh editing to add I am not at buffets or sitting at the same table as strangers for dinner.

Question is do you ask to sit with strangers when you go to the local Applebees? Lol

Edited by J0Y0US

On 6/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, willing292 said:

They are not mixing passengers with others for dinner, unless they have linked their reservations.  

Not true. We were on the Anthem in May and seated with anorher couple we didn't know. As the cruise progressed, more positives popped up. Thw other couple and we had bonded and made a promise that we would not come to dinner if we felt ill. We exchanged cabin numbers. 

Let the staff know you don't want to sit with orhers if that is your preference. We greatly enjoyed the company. In reality, the coup!e at the next table could just as easily give you covid. 

Edited by Markanddonna
  • Like 1

I think the way someone responds to covid is a personal decision as long as they are not knowingly walking around unmasked if they have it or are experiencing symptoms. I live in NY where the numbers of fatalities were devastating in the early days before the vaccine, so I’m not underestimating this terrible virus. However, with that said, I have been on 5 cruises since the restart without a problem. On my last cruise, the Anthem, was near capacity. We were given the option to sit at a shared table which we did, knowing that everyone at the table was fully vaxxed and had tested negative in order to board. I’m aware that people can test negative but still be positive and that Covid cases seem to be on the rise on ships, but I personally don’t find it any riskier than having dinner with friends or family that may have unknowingly been exposed at work or the grocery store. This is the way I see it, but I respect other people’s decision to sit where they feel comfortable  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, retired dude said:

Getting vaccinated, does not prevent Covid.  I have been living normal except for the first 3 months.  I have traveled to 5 different countries, and several states.  I have only worn a mask when required on the airlines.  I have never worn a mask at work, or my daily lives.  I also was tested positive once after a booster.  Many people have.  At least half the people I work with was positive at some point, and my office is at 95%.  Ironically, the two without a vaccine never got it.  It is time to stop talking about Covid, and start living a normal life.  Covid goes up and down, but the news loves to bash Florida.  It is ok.  I'm maskless and not concerned as I write this.

Florida cruises are "mostly" back to normal.  One of the main reasons, it is not 100% is many citizens outside the USA, are not traveling, based on various restrictions of their home countries.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, baelor said:

Haven't seen a mask in church in a year.....plus, it's too hot to eat outside....most places only are inside.  But the difference is politics, not the virus, and who you want to follow.  If you follow the rules for mask, a cruise ship, is not the place to be on, especially if it leaves from Florida