Boarding time change

2 hours ago, lakedweller64 said:

we just got a very important message from Hal Our original boarding time was 2 30 Now changed to 2 20 ? with all the problems Hal has with its web site did we really need this notification?

You will recieve boarding time messages (change or no change) about 6 weeks, 2 weeks en 3 days before embarkationsday. 

• 2 weeks later...

At ports I have sailed from it is 11:30.  I never show up until after 12:30 much to my husband’s pain.  That let’s all of the early birds who want lunch on the ship get aboard.   You know, they do have food most of the day😉

If you show up at the port right at noon, prepare for a long line. The line might move fast, but it is still long. If you show up at 1, the line is most likely shorter. If you have verifly, you can just waltz right in.

That being said, most hotels' checkout time is noon. So if you are staying at a hotel the night before, there is no reason to artificially delay your arrival at port. Just check out, leisurely get to the port and hope you dont have to wait too long.

2 hours ago, nyold said:

If you show up at the port right at noon, prepare for a long line. The line might move fast, but it is still long. If you show up at 1, the line is most likely shorter. If you have verifly, you can just waltz right in.

That being said, most hotels' checkout time is noon. So if you are staying at a hotel the night before, there is no reason to artificially delay your arrival at port. Just check out, leisurely get to the port and hope you dont have to wait too long.

If you have VeriFLY do you have to wait in the line or is there signs or something that indicates VeriFLY? Never used it before. Thanks for any help with this. 

2 minutes ago, Happy40s said:

If you have VeriFLY do you have to wait in the line or is there signs or something that indicates VeriFLY?

In Vancouver, it was a big convention room and there were two lines with a person at the door, you went one direction if you had verifly and another if you did not. 80% were on the side that did not have it. It is very useful. Have it ready when you enter the room, ready to show the green checkbox that says "ready to sail." I'd go so far as to have a screenshot, in case the app logs you out or internet is overloaded. I actually do that with everything, if there is not an offline ios wallet option, then I take a screenshot.

With arrivecan, they did not want to see the paper with the QR code, but that you had the app installed for some reason. Didn't have to be logged in, just on your phone. Very odd there. Never actually had to show it to anyone, but did have to write the code on a paper and turn in.

27 minutes ago, Happy40s said:

If you have VeriFLY do you have to wait in the line or is there signs or something that indicates VeriFLY? Never used it before. Thanks for any help with this. 

There are 2 lines, veriFly and non-veriFly. Thing is, people don't know what it is so they just get on the shorter line assuming it's for them, so the staff had to redirect some of them to the non-veriFly line. 

Yeah, we got one this morning for our cruise on Sept 21, saying the ship was leaving a little bit earlier. At least I think it was earlier as we had not even gotten a boarding time as of yet. We’re flying into Vancouver the day before anyway.

3 hours ago, five. said:

In Vancouver, it was a big convention room and there were two lines with a person at the door, you went one direction if you had verifly and another if you did not. 80% were on the side that did not have it. It is very useful. Have it ready when you enter the room, ready to show the green checkbox that says "ready to sail." I'd go so far as to have a screenshot, in case the app logs you out or internet is overloaded. I actually do that with everything, if there is not an offline ios wallet option, then I take a screenshot.

With arrivecan, they did not want to see the paper with the QR code, but that you had the app installed for some reason. Didn't have to be logged in, just on your phone. Very odd there. Never actually had to show it to anyone, but did have to write the code on a paper and turn in.

Thank you for all that info! I sure appreciate it! 

2 hours ago, nyold said:

There are 2 lines, veriFly and non-veriFly. Thing is, people don't know what it is so they just get on the shorter line assuming it's for them, so the staff had to redirect some of them to the non-veriFly line. 

Thank you very much. Good to know!