Good Experience Stockholders Credit

Jim_Iain

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry not following.   You CAN use on a cruise you have booked.   I booked mine about 2 years ago and just had the credit applied this week.

The OBC is indeed NRD and is in addition to what you may have gotten with your travel agent.   I have always found a way to spend mine. 

Okay, so the person saying that above was not correct.  You can have cruises booked, purchasing the stock after those bookings to gain OBC.  Is that correct?  I do not want anyone misunderstanding this information, especially if they have not yet purchased the stock, but want to for the NRD OBC.  

Post # 9 above...that was all I had to make my prior statement, so I thought this was correct.  Now, several have verified that you can purchase thre stock and use it for cruises that have already been booked.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, so the person saying that above was not correct.  You can have cruises booked, purchasing the stock after those bookings to gain OBC.  Is that correct?  I do not want anyone misunderstanding this information, especially if they have not yet purchased the stock, but want to for the NRD OBC.  

Post # 9 above...that was all I had to make my prior statement, so I thought this was correct.  Now, several have verified that you can purchase thre stock and use it for cruises that have already been booked.  

Yes the paperwork needed to claim shows ownership  - just make sure it shows your full name and address. The purchase date is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lastdance said:

That is correct.   I had sold my stock so no longer had any until I repurchased it about 2 weeks prior to the cruise.   I waited the two weeks so I would have my first statement to submit as proof buy you can also do a screenshot of your brokerage account showing you own 100 shares.

In my case I booked my Cruise about 2 years ago.   The only requirement is you own the stock when you request the OBC and Own the stock for the cruise itself (which by the way has never checked to my knowledge). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Jim_Iain said:

My good news was that I got my OBC on the first try.   in February I failed after the 3rd try and had to escalate   I escalated after they rejected it saying my name wasn't on the reservation even though I had circled it in red ink. .

That was my experience as well, except that in February I didn’t escalate. My more recent request for credit on two cruises (submitted on the same form) quickly brought two emails with updated Booking Confirmations showing the added OBC.

Stan

• Like 1

I'm curious as to how far in advance you can apply for a Cruise Credit.   The on-line form has spaces for 10 cruises.   After this set of Cruises we won't be sailing until April of 2023.   I have always waited to start the process until I made final payment.

We've used it four times in the last nine months. It's always been applied to both RCL and Celebrity sailings without issue. 

Twice we've had emails confirming that it's been applied. Twice we've had no notification but it's been applied to our onboard account within the first day of cruising. . 

I remember reading about a guy who lived aboard Summit for 10 to 11 months a year doing B2B2B2B2 + etc. But I forget his name. I'm guessing he was a stockholder who really did get his monies worth. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm curious as to how far in advance you can apply for a Cruise Credit.   The on-line form has spaces for 10 cruises.   After this set of Cruises we won't be sailing until April of 2023.   I have always waited to start the process until I made final payment.

We do the same although the information from Investor Relations says 3 to 4 weeks. We also do each cruise separately just because I like to keep the paperwork in an individual folder.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I always apply pretty far in advance (so I don't forget to do it). I applied a couple of months ago for a November 2023 TA and can see the OBC on our reservation online.

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

We do the same although the information from Investor Relations says 3 to 4 weeks. We also do each cruise separately just because I like to keep the paperwork in an individual folder.

I had  also in the past because multiple entries always failed for me.   For the B2B2B I submitted all 3 at once and received 3 individual e-mail with the confirmation

1 hour ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I always apply pretty far in advance (so I don't forget to do it). I applied a couple of months ago for a November 2023 TA and can see the OBC on our reservation online.

Thanks...

On 6/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, marieps said:

This has been true in my experience.  As a further shout out to RCG, I'll let you know its shareholder benefit is simply tacked on regardless of promotion.  On Oceania, we learned it may not be combinable if you have OBC included as a promotion.  We still have 100 shares of NCLH and RCG, but the RCG is of greater use.  

What cruiseline group is Oceania with, I have a cruise booked next year with them.

1 hour ago, mom23guys said:

What cruiseline group is Oceania with, I have a cruise booked next year with them.

NCLH, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings.  Currently trading at a discount, as is RCL.