Chicago hotel?

We had so much fun on our recent Countess cruise that we are seriously considering another one in August.  The brochure we got in the mail Friday lists one from Chicago to St. Louis on the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers.  The first night is a stay at a Chicago hotel, then being bussed to Ottawa the next day to board the ship.  The website says the hotel stay is in Ottawa, which is 80 miles from Chicago.  Does anyone know which is correct?  And if we stay in Chicago, what hotel does AQV use?  I would think we stay in Chicago, since 80 miles is a heck of an expensive taxi or Uber ride from O'Hare.

Thanks,

Kathy

• 4 weeks later...

Airport to Hilton 1 night next day bus to boat. We are on Aug 16 - 23
08/15/2022 CHI to CHICAGO CITY HOTEL  HILTON CHICAGO (V1 & AC)
08/16/2022  HOTEL TRANSFER to OTTAWA, IL  PORT 
08/16/2022SAIL

Edited by alohadave
update

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to your mother!  Hope we're still cruising at that age.

We'll look forward to seeing all of you.  We were on the Countess last May and had such a good time we decided to go again.  She's a really great ship, very compact and easy to find your way around.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on this one too! Yes, my paperwork says Hilton Bus to ottawa. Not looking forward to bus ride, but oh well. Just read where Covid tests are not required as of August 1 for USA river cruises but my paperwork tells me a time to get tested. Tests don't really do much, as someone got sick the very next day on a cruise recently.

Looking forward to seeing you on board - or at the Hotel!

Last time I flew into Chicago, I arrived a day early and took a 90 minute Chicago boat tour which was quite interesting. So not doing the city tour as I also walked quite a bit. Just planning on walking down to Navy Pier before sitting on the bus! 

Almost time to fly out, getting excited! See you all soon.

I'd like to do this Illinois River trip, as we've been on just about every other river and waterway in the U.S., and are looking for something new.  But when I checked the website for future schedules, all that was shown besides this month was one in July 2024 -- nothing next year.  Surprised this was all.  Is this the first year AQV has done the Illinois?  How fully booked does the current cruise appear to be?

Regarding the Chicago hotel...mentioned was the Hilton Chicago.  Is that the one at 720 S. Michigan?

Hilton has so many properties in Chicago.

I am taking the Ocean Voyager from Chicago to Montreal in 2024.   Does anyone know if AQV uses the same hotels for their River and Great Lakes cruises from Chicago?   I would love it if they used the Hilton property located right on Navy Pier, instead...🙂

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Regarding the Chicago hotel...mentioned was the Hilton Chicago.  Is that the one at 720 S. Michigan?

I am taking the Ocean Voyager from Chicago to Montreal in 2024.   Does anyone know if AQV uses the same hotels for their River and Great Lakes cruises from Chicago?   I would love it if they used the Hilton property located right on Navy Pier, instead...🙂

I am booked on the Ocean Navigator from Chicago to Toronto on 19 July 2023. AQV booked me in the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile on 511 North Columbus Drive in Chicago.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, bob brown said:

Yes, it was the Hilton at 720 S. Michigan, but I don't know if they use the same hotel all the time.  It was a beautiful place and very convenient to parks and museums.

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 1:03 AM, NavyVeteran said:

I am booked on the Ocean Navigator from Chicago to Toronto on 19 July 2023. AQV booked me in the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile on 511 North Columbus Drive in Chicago.

Same here.  Have Toronto to Chicago and then 3 days in Chicago before the Chicago CHicago

Lake Superior cruise.  Wish to stay at same hotel obviously so would want to book two additioanl days.  By the way, does boat arrive in Chicago proper or is there  a long bus trip to where the boat docks.

9 hours ago, S.O.C.I.O.C.A.T.s said:

By the way, does boat arrive in Chicago proper or is there  a long bus trip to where the boat docks.

I believe it docks right at the Navy Pier, downtown.   AQV seems to have exclusive rights to do that amongst the  other lines offering Great Lakes cruises.  :classic_cool:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, CruisinCadie said:

We had so much fun on our recent Countess cruise that we are seriously considering another one in August.  The brochure we got in the mail Friday lists one from Chicago to St. Louis on the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers.  The first night is a stay at a Chicago hotel, then being bussed to Ottawa the next day to board the ship.  The website says the hotel stay is in Ottawa, which is 80 miles from Chicago.  Does anyone know which is correct?  And if we stay in Chicago, what hotel does AQV use?  I would think we stay in Chicago, since 80 miles is a heck of an expensive taxi or Uber ride from O'Hare.

Thanks,

Kathy

Hotel stay is in Chicago, and yes, it's about a 80 bus ride to Ottawa to meet the ship