Silhouette Penthouse question

We last sailed in the Silhouette PH in March 2019 which was before the the refurbish to all the new furniture that is now there.

I’ve watched a couple of YouTube videos and have seen the new furnishings and have a question about the sofa to those that have sailed in this suite after it’s been “Edgified”

The old living room had a regular sofa with arms that folded out to a queen size bed and was perfect for my adult son to sleep on.

In the videos of the new and improved suite, the sofa is now more of an “L” shaped with no arms. Is there still a sofa bed in it?

If there is does the section that faces the TV fold out or the other side. Hoping it’s the same size as what use to be there as we are sailing for 14 nights and I would like my son to be comfortable.

Thanks for any reply’s!

3 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

We last sailed in the Silhouette PH in March 2019 which was before the the refurbish to all the new furniture that is now there.

I’ve watched a couple of YouTube videos and have seen the new furnishings and have a question about the sofa to those that have sailed in this suite after it’s been “Edgified”

The old living room had a regular sofa with arms that folded out to a queen size bed and was perfect for my adult son to sleep on.

In the videos of the new and improved suite, the sofa is now more of an “L” shaped with no arms. Is there still a sofa bed in it?

If there is does the section that faces the TV fold out or the other side. Hoping it’s the same size as what use to be there as we are sailing for 14 nights and I would like my son to be comfortable.

Thanks for any reply’s!

We were on her in September. Our son and GF used the sofa bed, it looked bigger than a queen. If I remember correctly it is not the side that faces the TV that folds out…Certainly it was made up not facing the TV. We never actually saw it being made up/put away, our magical room attendant sorted it the minute we left the room…Our son has been a regular RS/PH sofa bed user for many years, is  6’ tall and had no complaints. They did have TV on some mornings/evenings and could watch it fine. It must have been comfortable enough because we have two further family cruises booked in October and next March! The only guests I think may struggle to use the sofa bed in the PH are those with bad knees or back as I think the bed is slightly lower than a standard bed.

We found the suite to be even more light and airy than S PH suites we have enjoyed in the past. Our only comment is that they haven’t made the most of the space they have gained from getting rid of the piano. We had expected a couple of nice chairs, perhaps, but there was simply a rather useless storage unit. Also there are no drawers in the main bathroom. Lots of open storage areas but no drawers! As we wanted our room attendant to be able to easily wipe over the surfaces we left minimal stuff in the bathroom and put other things not in daily use (first aid kit etc) in a drawer in the walk in wardrobe or one of the bedroom drawers.

As I said, we have booked further cruises in the PH on Silhouette. She is now our favourite S class ship! The Retreat Deck is a great addition and the range of speciality dining on board is also a real plus.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

We stayed in the port side PH (1611) in August last year and it is the side that faces the tv that folded out. I suspect the starbord PH has the same sofa so it would be the sid with its back to the window that folds out.

I snore (apparently) so we allways have the sofa bed made up and while I didn't take a photo of it out last Aug I did take this shot and you can see the strap used for folding it in and out.

IMG-20210828-WA0022.thumb.jpg.3cddf24bf5b0560710a26ce61ad7b10a.jpg

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

We were 1616 and are 1616 in October and 1611 next March….

Groryjm, it suddenly seems far too long until our next cruise…Just added a picture of the bathroom with enough space to dance in but no drawers to show the OP. Odds on you will have a better one!

image.thumb.jpeg.bd5cfb81e55d58e1d47ca2471ec32586.jpeg

Thank you both so much for the responses! 
At least my mind is at ease that they still have a nice roomy sofa bed as my son is also 6 ft tall and gets stuck (if being on a cruise is what you consider stuck! Lol) sleeping on the pullout in the PH or RS when we sail. 
Doing 14 nights in 1616 so I will probably give up my spot in the bedroom on occasions for him to be really comfy (he’s special needs, so a bit spoiled)
Terrible that they got rid of the drawers in the bathroom as I like to store things out of sight to keep it looking neater as as you stated Chemmo, leaving the vanity top clear for the room attendant. 

7 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Thank you both so much for the responses! 
At least my mind is at ease that they still have a nice roomy sofa bed as my son is also 6 ft tall and gets stuck (if being on a cruise is what you consider stuck! Lol) sleeping on the pullout in the PH or RS when we sail. 
Doing 14 nights in 1616 so I will probably give up my spot in the bedroom on occasions for him to be really comfy (he’s special needs, so a bit spoiled)
Terrible that they got rid of the drawers in the bathroom as I like to store things out of sight to keep it looking neater as as you stated Chemmo, leaving the vanity top clear for the room attendant. 

The room attendant may be able to make the bed up in the opposite direction (TV facing) by simply putting the pillows on the other side…worth asking.

Re the drawers in the bathroom, it really was no big deal just simply odd to have a bathroom that big with no storage!

We are in 1616 in October, let me know if you need any further information or photos.

Sincere best wishes!

• Like 1