Luggage TAGS

hampshirelad

What is the procedure please for printing off your luggage labels.

In the past it was always part of the online check in procedure and it just happened. Now that box is greyed out with "pending" against it. 

Looking at the APP ! -  I can see nothing there

My worst nightmare would be completing them on the dock

Many thanks

18 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

In the past it was always part of the online check in procedure and it just happened. Now that box is greyed out with "pending" against it. 

Many thanks

I stopped worrying about tags.  You can show up to the dock without tags and the porters will take blanks ones and write on your cabin number.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I stopped worrying about tags.  You can show up to the dock without tags and the porters will take blanks ones and write on your cabin number.

That absolutely works, but a few weeks ago in Vancouver, people that had to tag their luggage had a long line, and people that had already printed them off and put them on their bags just dropped them off and left.

I’m 5 days out from sailing and no edocs or luggage tags. Apparently this has been an issue for many cruisers on many cruises. That probably is the reason so many cruisers were lined up to tag their luggage in Vancouver as noted by the previous poster. Bottom line, you might not get edocs or luggage tags but generally they are produced 2-3 weeks out. If you don’t get them, as noted the ported will tag your bags at check in.

50 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I’m 5 days out from sailing and no edocs or luggage tags. Apparently this has been an issue for many cruisers on many cruises. That probably is the reason so many cruisers were lined up to tag their luggage in Vancouver as noted by the previous poster. Bottom line, you might not get edocs or luggage tags but generally they are produced 2-3 weeks out. If you don’t get them, as noted the ported will tag your bags at check in.

Same here. 5 days out. Edocs link is gray and unclickable, and luggage tags pending. It's frustrating.

1 hour ago, Peteymil said:

That absolutely works, but a few weeks ago in Vancouver, people that had to tag their luggage had a long line, and people that had already printed them off and put them on their bags just dropped them off and left.

I like Vancouver but no way I would take a cruise out of Vancouver this year when I could take one out of Seattle; cheaper flights, don't have to deal with airport immigrations and no extra Covid test to get back into the US.

4 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

Many thanks

If your worst nightmare is having to have a porter tag your luggage then your cruise should be great.  We have heard hundreds of issues far worse.  These include having the stupid paper tag torn off your bag and thus arriving at your cabin at say 10pm or having your luggage fall overboard.

We have tags which we pit on our bags with our cabin number.  Elastic cord.  Also put a piece of tape on our bag with the number.  Have never waited more than a minute to have tagged at the pier. 

4 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

Many thanks

I’d hate to see how you handle a real problem 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to print them off and never could in July 2021 and November 2021 when we cruised.  Someone had said they dont offer to mail them to you any longer and I was fine with printing them off, but now what?  We cant print them either?!  Shucks. 

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I like Vancouver but no way I would take a cruise out of Vancouver this year when I could take one out of Seattle; cheaper flights, don't have to deal with airport immigrations and no extra Covid test to get back into the US.

We don’t have much of a choice. Our cruise was booked for 2020 and cancelled twice. Finally going next month. 

• Like 1

Look at your e-docs. Ours for our cruise on Friday is 19 pages long (yours may differ). On page 18 of ours is a copy of the luggage tag. Just print that page for each piece of your luggage and follow the folding instructions. Easy peasy. Enjoy your cruise!

47 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Look at your e-docs. Ours for our cruise on Friday is 19 pages long (yours may differ). On page 18 of ours is a copy of the luggage tag. Just print that page for each piece of your luggage and follow the folding instructions. Easy peasy. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes - but many of us are getting NEITHER e-docs nor luggage tags. 

We are traveling with a friend, his e-docs and luggage tags are available to print off - I know because I have linked our reservations.  A couple of times a day for the past 10 days (since his luggage tags and e-docs became available) I have checked and our e-docs and luggage tags are still grayed out.

We will be traveling for a week before our cruise.   If we don't have luggage tags before we leave home, I will just print out extra copies of his luggage tags and have all of our suitcases delivered to the next cabin.  

I did purchase luggage tag holders from Amazon knowing that the really nice tags were no longer being mailed out, and I would actually like to be able to use those tags.