Copper River Princess Lodge

Sea Hag

Wow, I feel so very bad for all of you that are getting your entire land portion canceled. We're on the MA6 tour in late August and learned last night that we were being switch from Cooper to Kenai. Yes we were somewhat upset. But our rescheduled land portion is modest compared to some. I wish you all the best on your decision. 

4 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Wow, I feel so very bad for all of you that are getting your entire land portion canceled. We're on the MA6 tour in late August and learned last night that we were being switch from Cooper to Kenai. Yes we were somewhat upset. But our rescheduled land portion is modest compared to some. I wish you all the best on your decision. 

from most posters here ... you hit the jackpot with that transfer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Honestly, we were very much interested in Valdez, Thompson Pass and the Denali Hwy. Kenai is stunning however so perhaps we'll go ocean fishing or something. I guess I'll just have to go back on my own someday. Absolutely plan to drive the Casiar some day.

Frankly, the comp being offered to those cruising in June is completely inadequate.  Flights can't be easily changed at this point. We're not traveling until August and all of before/after travel got finalized in May.

• Like 2

Guest ldtr
55 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Yes and no.  Copper River is somewhat isolated, but is interesting if you want to take an excursion to Valdez.  While you cannot get to much of Elias Wrangle NP from there you can get the the park HQ.

I found the most interesting excursion to be out to McCarthy and the Kennecott Mines.

The Kenai Lodge is also fairly isolated.  Good location for Salmon fishing when Salmon is running.  

8 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Yes and no.  Copper River is somewhat isolated, but is interesting if you want to take an excursion to Valdez.  While you cannot get to much of Elias Wrangle NP from there you can get the the park HQ.

I found the most interesting excursion to be out to McCarthy and the Kennecott Mines.

The Kenai Lodge is also fairly isolated.  Good location for Salmon fishing when Salmon is running.  

Exactly how I see it. We'll be fine w Kenai I'm sure. Our time in Alaska before was one day pre-cruise in Anchorage. So it's all new apart from internet research. 

I don't understand why so.e people are getting option reschedule with bonus or a free cruise and other compensation but those on a connoisseur cruise tour are getting $100 cruise credit to make up for missing a lot on land portion.

We aren't just getting moved to Anchorage, a way different experience than Copper River but missing the bus ride from Kenai to Cooper River which will be replace with a ride back to Anchorage that we already experienced. The bus to Valdez that posts have said is a great one and most disappointing to me, the Catamaran from Valdez to Whitter to board the ship. The cruise across the Princess Williams sound has many wildlife siteing and beautiful views. Also still hadn't been compensated for the shortened Tundra tour which was to be $35. For all this we get $100?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, relaxatlast said:

I don't understand why so.e people are getting option reschedule with bonus or a free cruise and other compensation but those on a connoisseur cruise tour are getting $100 cruise credit to make up for missing a lot on land portion.

We aren't just getting moved to Anchorage, a way different experience than Copper River but missing the bus ride from Kenai to Cooper River which will be replace with a ride back to Anchorage that we already experienced. The bus to Valdez that posts have said is a great one and most disappointing to me, the Catamaran from Valdez to Whitter to board the ship. The cruise across the Princess Williams sound has many wildlife siteing and beautiful views. Also still hadn't been compensated for the shortened Tundra tour which was to be $35. For all this we get $100?!

Have you asked for a refund?

Guest ldtr
6 hours ago, relaxatlast said:

To be honest the ride from the Kenai is just a very long bus ride.  They talk about the potential animal sightings, but the times we have taken the route nada. While there are positives about Copper River, the bus ride is not one of them.  Especially if you go from Denali to Copper River which is over a gravel road.

Edited by ldtr

I feel so bad for all of you affected by this! Copper River was a cool place to visit, but I can see how that would be the first to temporarily cut, since it’s the least frequented. I hope you all can find good replacements. Alaska will still be a wonderful experience!

We canceled our Alaska cruise / tour back in March just before final payment, that was to have left for the land portion on June 15th, it was supposed to go to Copper River. The more I hear and read about the things canceled or closed (road in Denali). Not to mention COVID testing that was required, not required and now back on that I am totally confused as to what is supposed to be done, face masks back to being required. I am glad we canceled, just not worth it or my idea of fun. I love cruising and some of our best vacations have been cruises. Just having to take time to get tested then worrying about if I am positive or negative to get to go on my vacation. And I am not afraid of getting COVID already had all the shots plus had COVID twice ( the first round and Omicron, which lasted about 3 days). I will wait, but said that in 2021, when will it ever end?? Sad to say it seems it may never be the same. I will get back to Alaska someday but may not do a cruise tour but on our own where we can be somewhat more socially distant from people rather than on a bus for 7 to 8 hours. 

On 6/8/2022 at 9:36 PM, TVlife said:

Have you asked for a refund?

No, busy with son's wedding and also waiting a few days for new booking confirmation. I'll contact my Princess planner today to see if any better offer availsble.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:11 PM, ldtr said:

To be honest the ride from the Kenai is just a very long bus ride.  They talk about the potential animal sightings, but the times we have taken the route nada. While there are positives about Copper River, the bus ride is not one of them.  Especially if you go from Denali to Copper River which is over a gravel road.

We were traveling from Kenai to Copper River