Complimentary transfer to Marco Polo Airport from Trieste?

Keata

Just read on another thread that this is being offered by HAL.  Where on their website is this listed.  I am only sailing next May and would like to see if we are able to use this.

HAL sent us am email asking if we would like this service & we signed up for it. This was for our cruise in July. Don't know how it will be done for future cruises.

• Thanks 1

AFAIK the complimentary transfers where available to those who booked before April, when the embarkation port was Venice.  Since they have updated the embarkation/disembarkation ports to Trieste they no longer offer the complimentary transfer.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We also got this form. But never a confirmation when we filled it out. We depart from Trieste on 07/09/2022. Unfortunately, we have not received any information from HAL at what time and at which meeting point at Marco Polo Airport we will be picked up. Our itinerary only says the date and free transfer. Can someone please help us with more information? The hotline in Rotterdam has not been available from Austria for 8 weeks and we have been waiting for an answer by e-mail for 6 weeks despite repeated urges.

We did not use the transfer from VCE to Trieste, but used the return transfer Trieste to VCE.

At VCE we did see agents for HAL directing pax to the Coach park, which is very close to the terminal building.  

I understand that the transfers were timed at 9am and 11 am, but when we arrived it was 10 am and there were HAL cruisers waiting on their transfer.  

I presume that they were using the buses which had travelled from Trieste for the journey from VCE to Trieste (and similarly for the buses that went from Trieste to Tronchetto).

When we disembarked it was a Saturday and VCE was crazy.  There were 2 MSC ships doing turnarounds and the airport was full of MSC cruisers.

So, if I was in your position, and continue to hear nothing from HAL, then I would aim to be at VCE (Marco Polo) prior to 9am and get to the Coach park.  (there are shelters there and I noticed that the agents had bottles of water and cartons which appeared to be some sort of light lunch).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on transfer fromMarco Polo airport to Trieste port .We were told to go to arrivals in frontof lost and found after collecting bags .so far  two transgers one at 9 thempther at 11 .Look for hal rep

others to follow as arrivals come …our transfer in Aug 9 

hope this helps 

• Thanks 1