Crown Princess - can we plug a dvd player into the tv?

Islander58

It'll work provided you can get access to the HDMI input jack on the TV and then switch the input to the correct one.

Your better off with something like a Roku device which is much easier to transport provided you convert your movies to .mp4 files before your leave home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It'll work provided you can get access to the HDMI input jack on the TV and then switch the input to the correct one.

Your better off with something like a Roku device which is much easier to transport provided you convert your movies to .mp4 files before your leave home. 

I have been able to insert an hdmi cable on the last two cruises, as well as briefly change the input to hdmi.  On my last cruise, I actually got an image from my pc into part of the 'wake up show' window on the tv screen but then got a message saying internet speed not sufficient and went back to regular screen.  So I'd say there is some crippling going on with the function.  If we  do go on the world cruise, I guess I've given up and will watch anything I want on my laptop.

52 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I have been able to insert an hdmi cable on the last two cruises, as well as briefly change the input to hdmi.  On my last cruise, I actually got an image from my pc into part of the 'wake up show' window on the tv screen but then got a message saying internet speed not sufficient and went back to regular screen.  So I'd say there is some crippling going on with the function.  If we  do go on the world cruise, I guess I've given up and will watch anything I want on my laptop.

On the Enchanted it switched back once or twice but most times it stayed connected to the input we selected. I even brought a long nosed tweezer to plug in the HDMI cable but didn't have to use it. 

Considering the limited number of new movie selections I would definitely bring material to watch on the ships although Netflix worked quite well provided the internet connection is strong enough.

They've cutback on getting new material considerable since they've returned to sailing. 

18 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

How were you able to change the input setting?  My settings only allow to change the language and closed caption.

1 hour ago, dddone said:

How were you able to change the input setting?  My settings only allow to change the language and closed caption.

It's been explained many times here on this board but here the last one I found. It seems complicated but really isn't once you've done it a few times. It works on all the ships, not only the Caribbean Princess.

Oh btw, it reverts to the original input when the TV is shut off & turned back on.

6 hours ago, dddone said:

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's been explained many times here on this board but here the last one I found. It seems complicated but really isn't once you've done it a few times. It works on all the ships, not only the Caribbean Princess.

Oh btw, it reverts to the original input when the TV is shut off & turned back on.

Thanks so much for sharing this info!

19 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

CB back of TV pic, I took this last week.

I double checked that the toggle under the TV itself allows you to change inputs.

26230DD6-BB7B-4605-952B-B689DFD3F9CE.jpeg

Since you were on one of the ships that doesn't have a flat wall mounted TV, it's much easier to reach the HDMI input.

People who are on the newer ships might get a little frustrated trying to reach that plug, although it is possible with a little effort. Once the cable is plugged in it can stay there for the whole cruise.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:50 AM, MissP22 said:

Wow, you are pretty good with this...kinda like you are an IT person

18 hours ago, SmedonSeas said:

Wow, you are pretty good with this...kinda like you are an IT person

LOL . Not at all.

I like to watch my movies on the ship and viewing them on the larger cabin TV makes life more enjoyable at night. Especially using a Roku device which has a built in earphone jack in the remote. 

I can watch what I want & not disturb my husband sleeping although it only worked with my movies, not the Princess movies.

• Like 1