celebrations on board

roupa

We sailed on  Equinox in April.  It was noted our anniversary was during sailing.  We ate dinner in Luminae and they came out with a little cake and sang to us!  It was not gluten free so I could not eat it.  He wanted to take leftovers to room.  Room steward was in there so we left it with him.  Came back a few hours later and there was a sign on door, balloons on sealing, another cake and champagne and flowers and a card!  There were little lights all around the table and rose petals!  Rose petals all over the bed with the towel swans!  It was really special!

BC5EB2CA-408A-48FC-B853-559CD8F4CFD2.jpeg

98CD9902-959D-456E-A615-5E83EC531484.jpeg

D8AB11FD-B8F1-4C61-A340-C2E4203ADEAC.jpeg

9DD7EAEB-97A2-42A8-A77E-C01B1BBA9272.jpeg

79C8427D-80F3-4BFF-9A46-E189FD634A38.jpeg

652A4FD0-871B-418B-A050-39384B87305A.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

That's not true. We had a special anniversary noted on our reservation and received a beautiful little (very rich) cake like the one pictured above, chocolate covered strawberries and a nice note from X in our room. We didn't ask for it, weren't in a suite and will never reach Zenith.

I have crused over my mother's birthday every year. Every year I note it. Every year nothing.

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

I do think this is an area Celebrity needs to get more consistent with

Be careful what you wish for.  Much more often than not, consistency rarely is interesting or fun.  

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Be careful what you wish for.  Much more often than not, consistency rarely is interesting or fun.  

Totally understand what you are saying…it just concerns me that some guests boarding soon about to celebrate their anniversary will have seen the above posted pictures including the rose petals and swans and get nothing…Not even a slice of cake…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Totally understand what you are saying…it just concerns me that some guests boarding soon about to celebrate their anniversary will have seen the above posted pictures including the rose petals and swans and get nothing…Not even a slice of cake…

Chemmo, This is your Emperor speaking.  I am not worried because I get everything I want.  But sometimes the staff forgets my cake and I have to “yell” at them.  (beg, plead, cajole). It should never happen to people like yourself.

Edited by zitsky

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Chemmo, This is your Emperor speaking.  I am not worried because I get everything I want.  But sometimes the staff forgets my cake and I have to “yell” at them.  (beg, plead, cajole). It should never happen to people like yourself.

I feel safe travelling knowing the Emperor is ensuring my safe passage…

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 1:49 PM, Denny01 said:

But I always told my daughters that if we went to a restaurant for My birthday and they got the staff to sing for me, I’d Disown them! 

den

My wife always says similar.  So she is in for a surprise in a couple of weeks on Beyond.  I'm confident the Luminae waiters will do it well.  She's a good sport.  I'll get the evil eye...with a smile.

We just returned from our HONEYMOON on the Reflection and it was notated on our reservation. I was expecting a bottle of bubbly or cake or even a door decoration when we arrived but absolutely nothing… I was disappointed to say the least. Why even ask if we are celebrating if there isn’t any acknowledgement? One evening we encountered the cruise director who was Mexican as was my wife… I let him know we were on our Honeymoon… two days later he sent a celebrity package with a tshirt and various goods… it was a great touch to say the least. But without mentioning it there would not have been any recognition… pretty sad to say the least. I don’t criticize Celebrity often or complain much as I think they are an outstanding cruise line but this is an area that sorely needs improvement  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hartwickds said:

We just returned from our HONEYMOON on the Reflection and it was notated on our reservation. I was expecting a bottle of bubbly or cake or even a door decoration when we arrived but absolutely nothing… I was disappointed to say the least. Why even ask if we are celebrating if there isn’t any acknowledgement? One evening we encountered the cruise director who was Mexican as was my wife… I let him know we were on our Honeymoon… two days later he sent a celebrity package with a tshirt and various goods… it was a great touch to say the least. But without mentioning it there would not have been any recognition… pretty sad to say the least. I don’t criticize Celebrity often or complain much as I think they are an outstanding cruise line but this is an area that sorely needs improvement  

It is a shame that they don't make such gestures. I very much doubt you'll be given anything that you've not ordered or paid for where Celebrity is concerned. Everything onboard has a price and they even sell celebratory 'packages' hence why give them to you when they can sell them you. If you're very lucky you might get an after dinner cake with your name on it. 🎂🥳

As they say; "You don't get owt for nowt" 

Edited by MicklemouseDD
Added comment

I don't ask for much by way of celebrations and, honestly, don't personally like a lot of attention paid to me. That said, cruise lines did used to do at least little things if one simply noted the event on their cruise file, such as signs and/or balloons in the cabin, and a special dessert at dinner.

But, I learned the hard way - when we sailed Japan for my husband's 50th birthday - that even advising them of the event doesn't necessarily mean anything will be done. I spoke to the head waiter earlier in the cruise advising her what day the birthday was and asking for a special dessert. We even ordered champagne to start the meal and made sure our waiter knew it was the "special day". But, absolutely nothing was done at all at dinner (this was another cruise line, by the way). We did have balloons outside our cabin door when we returned that night, but that was it.  

We will be sailing on the Summit this fall for our 25th anniversary, and I plan to make sure the suite concierge and the Luminae head waiter know that I would like something done. We shall see.

I am all for celebrating milestones on board, however, Balloons have no place on a cruise ship. Balloons are a health risk to many cruisers with severe Latex allergies, including death. They will be kicked around the cabin and popped, spewing Latex particles into the air. Balloons are also a risk to sea life when they are released off the balcony. 

46 minutes ago, DewUrDooty said:

I am all for celebrating milestones on board, however, Balloons have no place on a cruise ship. Balloons are a health risk to many cruisers with severe Latex allergies, including death. They will be kicked around the cabin and popped, spewing Latex particles into the air. Balloons are also a risk to sea life when they are released off the balcony. 

Yes latex and/or plastic is not good for sea life.  I don’t think Celebrity is trying to kill anyone.  I’m sure they have a way to record allergies.  People with other allergies cruise.