Drinks Package

vinniega64

If you book before the cruise I believe it's £38pp for the top package (Expedition) if you book on board it's £44pp this includes the gratuities and  speciality coffees as well. You are allowed up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. 

If you don't have the package your drinks have a gratuity of 18% added to every drink. 

3 hours ago, NightWoman said:

If you don't have the package your drinks have a gratuity of 18% added to every drink. 

I am not convinced that is the case as there does not seem to be any mention of it in there brochure or website and I have seen other comments saying it does not happen.  There are gratuities and service charges added to customer bills as happens on a number of lines and as mentioned as covered on the package details you posted above, but not for individual drinks purchased on the ship AFAIK.  Perhaps you could let me know where you saw that information about drink prices having service charges added, (or if you were charged that on the ship), if I am wrong in that.

Edited by tring

Tring, thanks for bringing this to my attention and you are possibly correct.

I did try to edit my post to amend this as I may have misread something, that's why I added the Ambassador Moments to show that the service charge and gratuities was included in the Expedition package. 

• Thanks 1

Am I missing something in that chart?  For the basic cruise length, it costs more to get the packages onboard than if you prepay.  But for the longer cruises, it seems to cost significantly less onboard?

237630125_ScreenShot2022-06-10at4_36_19PM.png.e0532215017a77a93eca3eb578ef8c43.png

And what is the 10% or 5% of?  Total cruise fare?  Or package price from the top lines?  [It's very confusing, at least to me...]

I know that it doesn't say this, but I interpreted those percentages to be a minus amount from the shorter cruise price

And there is now a new price list:

Standard Prices

5-29 Nights

Pre-Cruise Price, Per Person, Per Night £18.00 £33.00 £38.00 £11.00

Onboard Price, Per Person, Per Night £20.00 £38.00 £44.00 £13.00

Longer Cruises Prices

30-69 Nights

Pre-Cruise Price, Per Person Per Night £16.00 £30.00 £35.00 N/A

Onboard Price, Per Person Per Night £19.00 £37.00 £42.00 N/A

70 Nights and over

Pre-Cruise Price, Per Person Per Night £15.00 £28.00 £33.00 N/A

Onboard Price, Per Person Per Night £17.00 £33.00 £37.00 N/A

and the prices are indeed that percentage lower (though very rounded)

Edited by tim_london0

12 hours ago, NightWoman said:

Tring, thanks for bringing this to my attention and you are possibly correct.

I did try to edit my post to amend this as I may have misread something, that's why I added the Ambassador Moments to show that the service charge and gratuities was included in the Expedition package. 

Thanks, yes I am confused with the mention of service charges as I was not aware there was any. 

You can only edit posts about 15 -20 mins after they are posted.  After that they can not be edited, though can be removed if reported via the report system (takes a few hours) and can then be replaced, but our conversation has now added information, well sort of.

3 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks, yes I am confused with the mention of service charges as I was not aware there was any. 

You can only edit posts about 15 -20 mins after they are posted.  After that they can not be edited, though can be removed if reported via the report system (takes a few hours) and can then be replaced, but our conversation has now added information, well sort of.

I also need to amend my grammer, it should read 'were' included 😄

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

I also need to amend my grammer, it should read 'were' included 😄

My posts are becoming very bad with many badly written ones.  I always used to check them carefully but just post and move on a lot now.  They generally make some sort of sense though and I know I am not alone.

Edited by tring

As well as the standard prices, Ambassador also offer an inclusive fare which includes a discount off the package price.

Also worth knowing is that if you are a wine drinker, the choice of wine by the glass is very limited.

• 3 months later...

when it was CMV the extra packages also included all gratuities, both for drinks and everything else. Otherwise what is the price for the various gratuities - 18 % for drinks, and what for the other services?

Is this the same with the Ambassador cruises? Very hard to get information on  their own site - thanks for any help

On 9/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, housesitters said:

when it was CMV the extra packages also included all gratuities, both for drinks and everything else. Otherwise what is the price for the various gratuities - 18 % for drinks, and what for the other services?

Is this the same with the Ambassador cruises? Very hard to get information on  their own site - thanks for any help

All adult drinks packages include gratuities, there is no tax on drinks, it is actually very easy to get all this information from the Ambassador web site.

https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/on-board-experience/ambassador-drinks-packages/2022-drinks-packages/

Edited by yorkshirephil

On 9/23/2022 at 1:43 PM, yorkshirephil said:

All adult drinks packages include gratuities, there is no tax on drinks, it is actually very easy to get all this information from the Ambassador web site.

https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/on-board-experience/ambassador-drinks-packages/2022-drinks-packages/

thanks! I had trouble navigating the ambassador site but have it sorted now. And no, ambassador does not provide the pre-payment of gratuities alone at a reduce price, the way it used to be on CMV