Leave Tomorrow - Two Questions

Dlb723

Good morning, 

We fly tomorrow morning to Seattle and depart Sunday aboard the Encore for Alaska.  I cannot BELIEVE it is here!  I have two quick last minute questions.

-  My 16 year-old son is workout obsessed.  He wants to bring protein shakes with him - checked bags for the plane and then onto the ship.  Shakes, not powder.  Is this even possible?  I know that you cannot bring bottled water onboard but what about shakes.  What is available on the ship that would be comparable for his workouts?

-  ArriveCAN - I thought I was all set here.  I have the app, have the accounts created, and have our vaccination cards / passports loaded.  But the more I read, the more lost I feel.  Am I supposed to be the day we get on the ship (Sunday 6/12) or the day we are in Vancouver (6/18)?  Does my 72 hours start now or is it 72 hours prior to the 18th?  Also, do I need to load my covid test results to the app?  That is an entire other adventure that will happen this afternoon 🙂

Thank you!

ArriveCan will be needed to board Encore, you do it now.  One entry for whole family, so only one of you needs the app.  It’s free, watch out for the scam one floating around that asks for $65.  You don’t load your test info, just your vaccine info.  And you are likely visiting Victoria, not Vancouver, unless the itinerary has changed since we were on Encore in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

ArriveCan will be needed to board Encore, you do it now.  One entry for whole family, so only one of you needs the app.  It’s free, watch out for the scam one floating around that asks for $65.  You don’t load your test info, just your vaccine info.  And you are likely visiting Victoria, not Vancouver, unless the itinerary has changed since we were on Encore in May.

Potato / Potatoe - LOL.  Yes it is Victoria, not Vancouver.  I claim vacation brain.  Do you know which date I should use in the app?  When Encore leaves Seattle or when Encore gets to Victoria?

14 minutes ago, Dlb723 said:

Potato / Potatoe - LOL.  Yes it is Victoria, not Vancouver.  I claim vacation brain.  Do you know which date I should use in the app?  When Encore leaves Seattle or when Encore gets to Victoria?

Since you won’t be allowed to board Encore without filling in the ArriveCan app first, you need to fill it out before boarding in Seattle and show the receipt at checkin.  When you choose entering Canada by Maritime in the app, you’ll be able to pick both your Embarkation date in Seattle and the date of your port stop in Victoria.

EDIT - to clarify, you will it out and submit it within the 72 hours prior to boarding, so the 17-18th would work just fine for filling it in and submitting, assuming you’re on the June 19th departure.

Edited by bookbabe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

I thought if your children were over 18, they needed to do a separate ArriveCan for them selves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

I thought if your children were over 18, they needed to do a separate ArriveCan for them selves.

Yes, adult children do their own, but you can include spouse and dependent children under 18 on yours.  Adult dependents, such as special needs children over 18, can be included on yours, though.

• Like 1