Favorite/Least favorite WJ buffet items?

I love the spaghetti and bolognese sauce.  Last cruise, two years, ago, they didn’t have it.  I prefer the one in the WJ to the dining room!  I was so excited to try it in the dining room and it was much different than the meatier WJ sauce!  This was a go to every time we boarded the ship.  

3 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

We are sailing on RC for the first time on adventure.  Is paella on all the ships first day?  Is that for lunch or dinner?

No guarantees but it’s lunch on the 1st day & sure seems to be there on many ships.

13 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Least:  I call it fish jerky.  Many don't know how to cook fish so that is is soft and flaky.

One waitress in a restaurant wanted to argue about it.  Said that EVERYBODY wants fish jerky.

FWIW:  The Health Dept. shut that restaurant down because of sanitation and improper food storage temps.

HA!  No wonder they overcooked stuff.........................

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 3:07 PM, Tree_skier said:

Fav: Bacon...

Worst: French fries.

I'm sure there are other things I don't like but I never try those.  

If you're persistent, you can get hot fries😉

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 4:43 PM, HicksRA said:

You see some head scratchers in the WJ. Our last cruise on embarkation day, a guy with a backpack sat down at the table next to us with a full plate of food and a bowl stacked high with boiled shrimp. 

He ate everything on the plate and then pulled a ziplock bag out of his backpack, stuffed it full of the boiled shrimp and put it in the backpack. Then left. 

I guess he was going fishing later….

UGH!

2 hours ago, RapturedByTheSea said:

Fave: Indian food and oxtails on Caribbean night. 

Least fave: The desserts are way too sweet. 

Well, except the chocolate.  The brain does not register chocolate as too sweet:  it registers it as CHOCOLATE!!!

I saw a bumper sticker a week ago that said, "Save our planet; it's the only one with chocolate".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

how many people really like stuff with Jello?

Jello is way underrated!  Savory aspics, however, can stay in the dustbin of history.

Are there any desserts that are not too sweet?  For example, I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate.

Edited by baelor
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:16 PM, ILCTCRUISER said:

Not sure what they do/add to mashed potatoes but, in all likelihood, they’re instant. Same with scrambled eggs.

As a Southerner who loves Mashed potatoes, I have never detected "instant" mashed potatoes on a Royal cruise. I believe they are the real deal!

Favorite food lately? The Pot Pies! I think I had Chicken and Leek for lunch one day. The crust was perfect and the filling was extremely tasty. I think it was on the Wonder TA... 

Least favorite (and I've never tried them): Hot dogs; Hamburgers; overcooked fish.

Edited by CruiszBug

7 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Favorite food lately? The Pot Pies! I think I had Chicken and Leek for lunch one day.

What ship(s) have had pot pies? Not sure I've ever seen those. Would love to try them.

9 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Leek

I love leeks!  I wish vichysoisse were more common.  A man can dream about getting it on a cruise...  I also make a great vegetarian leek and mushroom bread pudding.

mIjVdb9qNeXfLo_oSm5d5KaJrY0P-J1Jn_uG0u8h

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

What ship(s) have had pot pies? Not sure I've ever seen those. Would love to try them.

The Wonder transatlantic! Apr 20 - May 4th, 2022. This picture is from another one that was in the MDR. I believe it was beef and mushroom.

Edited by CruiszBug

3 hours ago, baelor said:

Jello is way underrated!  Savory aspics, however, can stay in the dustbin of history.

Are there any desserts that are not too sweet?  For example, I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate.

They have dark chocolate desserts. 

I declared my independence from Jello when I was 18; never to return.........................