CDC to Drop Covid Testing for International Travel

kjg46

I just saw on Fox News, that CDC will be dropping the COVID testing for International Travel on Sunday June 12, 2022 . They will review the policy every 90 days . Great News 

Edited by kjg46
Spellcheck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hopefully the cruise lines will follow soon. I can travel on a plane and stay in a hotel without a test I can not see why I can’t go on a cruise without one. All a test tells me is that at that moment up to 3 days before boarding I didn’t have covid. I could see the value when the testing was done on boarding but not up to 3 days before.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Hopefully the cruise lines will follow soon. I can travel on a plane and stay in a hotel without a test I can not see why I can’t go on a cruise without one. All a test tells me is that at that moment up to 3 days before boarding I didn’t have covid. I could see the value when the testing was done on boarding but not up to 3 days before.

Blimey, 2 years on and you're still rolling out this argument? It is/was all about reducing the risk. Of course it was never going to eradicate the chance of contracting covid completely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Blimey, 2 years on and you're still rolling out this argument? It is/was all about reducing the risk. Of course it was never going to eradicate the chance of contracting covid completely.

Exactly. I have been supportive of both testing and vaccinating  but now two  years have passed. Time to move on. Testing is no longer necessary. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Exactly. I have been supportive of both testing and vaccinating  but now two  years have passed. Time to move on. Testing is no longer necessary. 

Ah another armchair expert. Leave that conclusion to an expert - a confined ship out of easy reach of land and substantial medical care could well mean that testing remains necessary no?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Think what you like. Testing can’t last forever. 

Theoretically yes it could. But I'm not a disease expert so i will just wait and see what decisions are made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, smilesonfaces said:

Think what you like. Testing can’t last forever. 

Testing can't last forever when other vacations are NOT testing ,as there will be no cruise industry left once the word gets out that cruising is the only place you have to test ...

It has to fall away when everyone has caught it ....and they will ?

And testing has not proved to play it's part on board as there are outbreaks now ?

• Like 2