Long Story but help needed!

samplecd02

I had a August 26 Solstice to Alaska, with the covid testing requirement now not an issue, I called to see if I could change it to Apex Sept 1 British Isles. I was told I couldnt do that because I was past final payment and would have to either cancel outright to get CWC or do a refund with a 25% penalty both which would take 30-45 days. I told him I would think about it and call back.
Called back- this representative told me that yes I could change my res and changed it for me. Its updated in the celebrity website and I got an updated invoice. When I went to check on the res on the website, It now shows I owe 88.85. I was like ok, no prob I will just pay that (and yes this cruise is within the 90 days as well). I tried to pay it online and it gave me an error. So I called.....thats where it got interesting. The NEW rep said the previous rep should have never changed the cruise and something about how since I had already spent money on excursions, it needed to refund the excursions and then it would let me pay the balance. I am concerned since it is still showing a balance that Celebrity will cancel my cruise.

Here  is my fear:

They will try to change my cruise back to the Solstice or cancel my cruise outright

If they do I am now stuck with flights to amsterdam that I cant use (had already changed my flights before I called celebrity) 

WORST case, I am out 14 grand....(cost of cruise) hopefully would get it as refund or at worst case as FCC.

Any insights? I am going to be freaking out until this is resolved!!!!!!!!!

Edited by samplecd02
update

Honestly, I think you should be okay, especially because you have the paperwork; I cannot imagine Celebrity not honoring this, but also understand how frustrating it is when you, the customer, are left hanging.  I have always had excellent luck with this number, but not sure about using it on a weekend: 1.877.290.5881.

Good Luck and share any updates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Honestly, I think you should be okay, especially because you have the paperwork; I cannot imagine Celebrity not honoring this, but also understand how frustrating it is when you, the customer, are left hanging.  I have always had excellent luck with this number, but not sure about using it on a weekend: 1.877.290.5881.

Good Luck and share any updates.

I called that number and I cant THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!
She sent me a copy of what she sees, Im actually getting $800 back!
She gave me the number to call IMMEDIATELY if anything happens to my reservation with her name and her co-workers name.
I might actually be able to sleep tonight....again many thanks!

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

She gave me the number to call IMMEDIATELY if anything happens to my reservation with her name and her co-workers name.

Wow. I'd be tempted to call again!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, samplecd02 said:

I had a August 26 Solstice to Alaska, with the covid testing requirement now not an issue, I called to see if I could change it to Apex Sept 1 British Isles. I was told I couldnt do that because I was past final payment and would have to either cancel outright to get CWC or do a refund with a 25% penalty both which would take 30-45 days. I told him I would think about it and call back.
Called back- this representative told me that yes I could change my res and changed it for me. Its updated in the celebrity website and I got an updated invoice. When I went to check on the res on the website, It now shows I owe 88.85. I was like ok, no prob I will just pay that (and yes this cruise is within the 90 days as well). I tried to pay it online and it gave me an error. So I called.....thats where it got interesting. The NEW rep said the previous rep should have never changed the cruise and something about how since I had already spent money on excursions, it needed to refund the excursions and then it would let me pay the balance. I am concerned since it is still showing a balance that Celebrity will cancel my cruise.

Here  is my fear:

They will try to change my cruise back to the Solstice or cancel my cruise outright

If they do I am now stuck with flights to amsterdam that I cant use (had already changed my flights before I called celebrity) 

WORST case, I am out 14 grand....(cost of cruise) hopefully would get it as refund or at worst case as FCC.

Any insights? I am going to be freaking out until this is resolved!!!!!!!!!

Patience.  The one issue might be any air bookings go with the old reservation.  Thus if you have a new booking number your air likely is cancelled.  I would call and check.

Any excursions on the prior cruise would indeed need to be refunded and that will take a bit of time.  Probably 4-6 weeks.

What I am wondering is where you heard no covid testing requirements to cruise.  The US is eliminating the need to test for flying into the US, but you will most likely still need a negative test to board.

Relax as you have proof your cruise was changed.  My only thought is if you have a new booking number to transfer your reservation to a TA and let them sort things.

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Patience.  The one issue might be any air bookings go with the old reservation.  Thus if you have a new booking number your air likely is cancelled.  I would call and check.

Any excursions on the prior cruise would indeed need to be refunded and that will take a bit of time.  Probably 4-6 weeks.

What I am wondering is where you heard no covid testing requirements to cruise.  The US is eliminating the need to test for flying into the US, but you will most likely still need a negative test to board.

Relax as you have proof your cruise was changed.  My only thought is if you have a new booking number to transfer your reservation to a TA and let them sort things.

I didnt have air or pre-cruise excursions. I have the same booking number.  I was also only talking about the testing to fly to the USA from outside of the country

Edited by samplecd02

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

When I have cancelled excursions, the refunds have taken 7-10 working days.

14 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

I guess my secret is out now.  That is excellent and you made my day; so happy to hear ther great news!  I have felt exactly the way that you described in your post.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I guess my secret is out now.  That is excellent and you made my day; so happy to hear ther great news!  I have felt exactly the way that you described in your post.

It’s still your secret; yours and about 700 of your new friend😂

• Haha 3